Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I love Aussies and our ability to see through BS (Read 2159 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
I love Aussies and our ability to see through BS
Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:45am

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/undercover-video-in-melbourne-b...

IT’S a hard life being a social media provocateur, especially if you don’t understand the subtleties and irony of your audience.

Canadian right-wing mouthpiece Lauren Southern said she wanted to cause “chaos” in Australia with her controversial opinions on multiculturalism and Islam. But, when she actually spoke to Aussies on the street, she was met with sarcasm, indifference and confusion.

Bumbling her way through a series of awkward interviews on the streets of Melbourne this week, the 23-year-old — who landed in Australia wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words “It’s OK to be white” — learnt a lesson in Aussie temperament the hard way.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I love Aussies and our ability to see through BS
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:57am

seriously!    this is news??..

shes 23  and terrifying to look at

why are we not shaking in our boots... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:20pm

Melbourne isn't that the PC LW Progressive Capital of Australia?
No wonder she needs police protection down there eh.
Now that's sad isn't it, so much for free-speech  and tolerance and diversity of opinion etc, etc, etc.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:52pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:45am:
https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/undercover-video-in-melbourne-b...

IT’S a hard life being a social media provocateur, especially if you don’t understand the subtleties and irony of your audience.

Canadian right-wing mouthpiece Lauren Southern said she wanted to cause “chaos” in Australia with her controversial opinions on multiculturalism and Islam. But, when she actually spoke to Aussies on the street, she was met with sarcasm, indifference and confusion.

Bumbling her way through a series of awkward interviews on the streets of Melbourne this week, the 23-year-old — who landed in Australia wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the words “It’s OK to be white” — learnt a lesson in Aussie temperament the hard way.

That's because she landed in Melbourne.

All the looney leftard bubble wrapped do-gooders live there.

They don't even acknowledge they have a problem with black african(Sudanese) gang crime.

Is it head up your arze or head in the sand  mentality?

Afterall there can be no drawbacks to being in the "most livable" city ... can there?  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:30am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:45am:

The question we should be asking is who is behind her, there always is some sort of organisation.

So has she caused chaos in Canada......???

I suggest she goes off and causes chaos in her own country before attempting to do the same in other places.

BTW BH what about AGW..............???

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:01am

Lauren made the big mistake of going to an inner city area. Anywhere else and she'd get big support.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:02am

This sort of AGW?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:41pm

Laura who?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:09pm

She may be one of those people who are always just wrong about everything because she doesn't subscribe to Leftist-Humanist-Progressive "logic." And then maybe she's just stupid like an inbreed dumb-ass backwoods cracker. She might be everything a fair minded person should abhor, like that fellow Canadian who went to a mosque, killed 6 and wounded 19 others.

But you have to be honest with yourself, even if you are not honest with anyone else. After nearly 30 years of Muzlim atrocities, murders of 1 and on up to massacres of almost 3000, are you really surprised that some people are going to act like Laura? And how perfectly altruistic do you expect infidels to be?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:40pm

Quote:
POLICE BLAME SOUTHERN FOR GETTING ATTACKED

How politically partisan is the Victoria Police leadership? First it demands $68,000 protection money from Canadian alt-righters Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux to save them from the city's notoriously violent Left:

Then, when fascist Left-wingers attack Southern and Molyneux's speaking event, police imply both sides are to blame:

“It is disappointing that we had to use significant resources to mediate between two groups with opposing views,” said Commander Tim Hansen.

Pardon? No, police were not there to "mediate between two groups with opposing views". They were there to save people at a peaceful meeting from being violently attacked and by the activists of the Left.

Why not say so? Why imply that Southern and Molyneux shared in the blame for the violence by simply speaking? Why suggest their audience was also complicit just for wanting to peacefully listen to them?

No one asked the police to"mediate". They were there to uphold a right to free speech that was threatened by Leftist fascists using violence, threats and intimidation to shut down speakers they disagreed with:

VIOLENT protesters clashed with police and closed down a major highway outside an alt-right commentator’s Melbourne show on Friday night.

More than 100 anti-racism protesters rallied outside La Mirage reception centre in Somerton, where Canadian YouTuber Lauren Southern began her Australian speaking tour.

One man was arrested for assaulting a police officer and four others were kicked out of the venue. The officer sustained minor injuries...

The Hume Hwy was blocked in both directions for more than two hours as the demonstration spilt on to the road in an attempt to block buses transporting people to the event.

The riot squad, mounted police, dog squad and police air wing were called in to hold back the crowd as they charged at the bus...
Members of the crowd punched and shoved each other, with people pulled over the road’s rope barriers amid the melee.

Inside the venue, a young woman, Nita Habibi, was among several protesters who attempted to storm the stage while Ms Southern, 23, spoke to the crowd of about 800.

And this is after the organisers took extraordinary and expensive steps to protect their audience - steps that other organisers of Melbourne events with conservative speakers have also had to take:

Event organisers had attempted to keep the location of the controversial show a secret by instructing ticket holders to meet at nearby Broadmeadows train station and be shuttled into the event.

And that's what makes the Victoria Police demand for protection money so immoral and dangerous.

Conservatives and Right-wingers do not violently attack meetings of the Left. Only the Left- particularly in Melbourne - use that violence, so only conservative meetings need police protection.
That makes the police protection money a tax on conservatives - an intimidating tax that the Leftist fascists actually plan on. Between the violence of the Left on the one hand and the police demands for protection money on the other, the Leftist fascists figure on making conservative events too dangerous or expensive to hold.

Why are the police party to this attack on free speech? Why is the Victorian Labor Government party to the shakedown for protection money and to the erosion of free speech?

The spokeswoman said under the Victoria Police (fees and charges) Regulations 2014, Victoria Police “has the right to charge any event organiser for the use of police resources”.

However she declined to confirm whether the union organisers of a large rally in Melbourne in April, which saw up to 100,000 supporters flock to the CBD and saw the closure of major roads and tram routes. A spokesman from the ACTU declined to comment, while Victorian Trades Hall Council did not respond to requests for comment by deadline.

The truth? Left-wing unions don't get charged protection money from the police, but conservative and Right-wing speakers do.

What I do very much oppose is the use of violence and threats - and police protection money - to shut down debate. This is now a tactic being used in Melbourne to shut down many more people than Southern and Molyneux. And one day it may be used against you or the speakers you'd like to hear.
Stop this fascism now.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/police-blame-southern-for-getting...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:54am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:01am:
Lauren made the big mistake of going to an inner city area. Anywhere else and she'd get big support.

Would they know who she is?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:46am

Gnads wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:02am:
This sort of AGW?

I've been saying the exact same thing for years..

and im pretty sure most people on this forum can see through Bumcrack Jackass's Bullshit..

almost everything he posts...  Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:24pm

Sounds like those violent antifa scum trying to silence their critics again.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 2:55pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:46am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:02am:
This sort of AGW?

I've been saying the exact same thing for years..

and im pretty sure most people on this forum can see through Bumcrack Jackass's Bullshit..

almost everything he posts...  Roll Eyes

Umm, this thread has zero to do with AGW. ANd as for BS, I post references for mine.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:51pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:54am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:01am:

Would they know who she is?

Apparently, they would know who she is better than what I saw in the video with inner-city university student types. As far as I saw, cities are full of ethnics who would see the likes of Southern as someone pushing for the rights of white people. In effect, perceived to be a person who would withdraw the special privileges of minorities.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print