Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Labor turns to brutality as it goes down gurgler (Read 2826 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Labor turns to brutality as it goes down gurgler
Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:00am

Are there no depths that the insidious Labor Party will not sink to ?

Gosh if it is not Basher Billy belting the pensioners it is belting their staff!!!

Investigation launched into bullying allegations against Federal Labor MP
Matthew Doran 8:47am, Jul 20, 2018

Labor MP Emma Husar says the allegations do not reflect her or how her office works. Photo: ABC

Federal Labor backbencher Emma Husar says she is “horrified” to learn the New South Wales ALP is investigating allegations of bullying and misconduct levelled at her by former staff.

Buzzfeed News reported the allegations late on Thursday, suggesting former staff had accused the Member for Lindsay in Sydney’s western suburbs had been responsible for verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation and demanding staff carry out personal duties for her.

Ms Husar has been a member of Federal Parliament since 2016, and she denied staff had raised issues with her before the investigation was launched in March.

“I love my job and I am incredibly passionate about representing the Lindsay community I have lived in my whole life. My community doesn’t get the air time it deserves and I am working hard to change that,” Ms Husar said in a statement.

“The assertions that have been made do not reflect who I am or how my office operates.

“My office is a professional and respectful workplace. It should not be perceived in any other way, and of course I am sorry if any person has been given reason to think otherwise.

“I am a single mum with three children, working hard and doing my best. If I have let anyone down, I apologise.”

NSW Labor said it had an independent process for assessing complaints, which would provide advice on how to respond to the allegations.

“The process is mindful to provide protection to the complainant and also procedural fairness to the subject of the complaint,” a party spokesman said.

“As such, no public comment is made during the course of any independent assessments.

“Where appropriate, public comment may be made at the conclusion of the independent process.”

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten’s office did not comment on Thursday.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/07/20/investigation-bullying-emma-...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Labor turns to brutality as it goes down gurgler
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 1:17pm

The Lefties are too shocked to utter mutter or stutter.

And just now on 2GB they said that Bulldust Billy is claiming (lying) that he did not know about it!!!!!!!

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 6:05pm

Shocking disgraceful Labor conduct!!!!

Labor MP: Bullying, misconduct?
20/07/2018

Under investigation with no conclusion Federal Labor backbencher Emma Husar has been accused by former staff of bullying and workplace misconduct. As might be expected in today’s politics the victimhood is the first card off the deck:

“My office is a professional and respectful workplace. It should not be perceived in any other way, and of course I am sorry if any person has been given reason to think otherwise. “I am a single mum with three children, working hard and doing my best. If I have let anyone down, I apologise.”

In June 2016 Fairfax reported one of her social media posts, she wrote that,  “politicians, I want to be one, you can lie, steal, cheat and use other people’s money to go on holidays – the best job in the world”.

Emma Husar argues she is ‘horrified’ to learn of bullying allegations from former staff
Source: ABC

Federal Labor backbencher Emma Husar argued she was “horrified” to learn her party has launched an investigation into complaints from former staff of bullying and workplace misconduct.

Buzzfeed News reported the allegations late Thursday, suggesting former staff had accused the Member for Lindsay in Sydney’s western suburbs had been responsible for verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation and demanding staff carry out personal duties for her.

Ms Husar has been a member of Federal Parliament since 2016, and she denied staff had raised issues with her before the investigation was launched in March.

“I love my job and I am incredibly passionate about representing the Lindsay community I have lived in my whole life. My community doesn’t get the air time it deserves and I am working hard to change that,” Ms Husar said in a statement.

“The assertions that have been made do not reflect who I am or how my office operates.”

“My office is a professional and respectful workplace. It should not be perceived in any other way, and of course I am sorry if any person has been given reason to think otherwise.

“I am a single mum with three children, working hard and doing my best. If I have let anyone down, I apologise.”

NSW Labor said it had an independent process for assessing complaints, which would provide advice on how to respond to the allegations.

“The process is mindful to provide protection to the complainant and also procedural fairness to the subject of the complaint,” a party spokesman said.

“As such, no public comment is made during the course of any independent assessments.

“Where appropriate, public comment may be made at the conclusion of the independent process.”

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten’s office did not comment on Thursday.

{ 12 comments }
luk1955 20/07/2018, 6:33 am
Nah, ya don’t say! A member of the privileged class admitting to what pollies really do? And yet she got voted in. Shows how dumb some of the electorate is. As a member of the bullying class she admits to bullying. That’s what politics is all about, honey. Now, get down on your knees in front of your chink and google masters.

DT 20/07/2018, 7:48 am
The public masters who were in the past public servants.

Joe Blogs 20/07/2018, 9:04 am
The most useless bunch of politicians ever – and they have some pretty hot competition.

John Klasen 20/07/2018, 10:17 am
A single mum of 3 ?? how come I wonder, but don’t worry he’ll be right now she has her snout in the trough.

DT 20/07/2018, 10:34 am
Emma Husar (born 20 April 1980) is an Australian politician. She has been the Australian Labor Party (ALP) member for the Australian House of Representatives seat of Lindsay since the 2016 federal election.
Husar ran as the ALP candidate for the seat of Penrith at the 2015 NSW election but was unsuccessful.
On 23 November 2016, in her second speech to Parliament, Husar revealed her family history of domestic violence.

In 2016 it was revealed that the Communications Electrical and Plumbing Union (CEPU) donated to Husar’s federal election campaign. The State Secretary of that union, Jim Metcher, had been charged in 2007 with 6 counts of assault against his wife and children but the charges were dismissed on medical grounds.  In her maiden speech Husar named Metcher among those people who assisted her political career. She stated “Without your support I would not be here”.

In 2016 it was also reported that Husar deleted a series of embarrassing Facebook posts dating back to 2010 including a photo of her hugging a giant condom. Among these posts Husar stated “politicians, I want to be one, you can lie, steal, cheat and use other people’s money to go on holidays – the best job in the world”.

Husar has 3 children.

bushwanker 20/07/2018, 10:51 am
Sounds like Ms Husar is living her dream and like most politicians, especially Labor ones her philosophy is ‘whatever it takes’ and in her case if she has to trample a few plebs then so be it.
I can never remember a time when politicians were EVER considered ‘pillars of the community’

Clarion Call 20/07/2018, 11:48 am
OMG. If ever you wanted to see a typical Laborite in thought, word and deed…look no further than this self-serving rat. What a shrill, nasty POS. And the horror of it all is that idiots actually vote for these cretins.

http://morningmail.org/labor-mp-bullying-misconduct/#more-86389

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:30pm

Quote:
Senior state and federal Labor figures have been aware of the allegations against the Western Sydney MP for over a year but did not launch an investigation until a former staff member put pressure on NSW's head office and threatened to go public.

BuzzFeed News understands Labor leader Bill Shorten was made aware of the allegations about Husar’s behavior last year. Shorten's office denies this.

Over 200,000 words of evidence have been given by at least 20 witnesses in the Whelan investigation so far.

the silence is deafening  Grin Grin  maybe they are worn out after all the barking about the guy who  claimed he had  the wrong medal

they really got themselves worked up over that????

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:48pm

So......can you tell me exactly what she has done and to whom....specifically?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:57pm

I can tell you what she has been accused of... by about 20 people..

being made to mind her kids.
being made to wash dishes.

One complainant said: “Working for any MP can be high pressure, and you get asked to do things that are not in your job ­description.

“But there is a certain point that crosses the line.

“To be told to do the dishes is one thing. The way you’re told, and the way it’s presented, is a different thing. Everyone had a turn at being her slave.”

Ms Husar allegedly would favour certain staff over and above others, but often fall out with them when they did not meet her expectations of “loyalty”.

“She would question their work ethic, run them down, make them rewrite a letter six or seven times beyond just correcting grammatical errors.

“She would make you correct her corrections.”

the inquiry will take 3 months.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

the people involved  do not wish to be named  they fear reprisals.... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

where is crook on this one?>...

read the op if you want to know more....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:15pm

cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:57pm:
I can tell you what she has been accused of... by about 20 people..

being made to mind her kids.
being made to wash dishes.

One complainant said: “Working for any MP can be high pressure, and you get asked to do things that are not in your job ­description.

“But there is a certain point that crosses the line.

“To be told to do the dishes is one thing. The way you’re told, and the way it’s presented, is a different thing. Everyone had a turn at being her slave.”

Ms Husar allegedly would favour certain staff over and above others, but often fall out with them when they did not meet her expectations of “loyalty”.

“She would question their work ethic, run them down, make them rewrite a letter six or seven times beyond just correcting grammatical errors.

“She would make you correct her corrections.”

the inquiry will take 3 months.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

the people involved  do not wish to be named  they fear reprisals.... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

where is crook on this one?>...

read the op if you want to know more....

I can't see any of that in the OP.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:18pm

Meanwhile, the Libs' record is far worse. They pass laws to oppress and bully unemployed people and they incarcerate political prisoners indefinitely in offshore detention facilities away from scrutiny. They are using the law to bully the vulnerable because the Libs are immoral psychopaths.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:12pm

Oh isn't it nice. Bammy maintaining a bedside vigil holding the hand of the dying Labor body.

But, when you think about it, this thuggery is not all that surprising.

The unions are known for brutality and thuggery as they monster industry with their sabotage and extortion and excessive wage demands until they force the industry to close just like Ford and Holden.

And these brutal union thugs are the very same brutal union thugs who CONTROL EVERY ASPECT of the Labor Party.

So all this Labor feminazi has done is copied the brutal thuggish tactics of her beloved union masters.

A sign of the times - once it was weak timid women who complained about male dominance - now it is the brutal thuggery of the feminazis that weak timid men are complaining about.

This is the REAL union controlled Labor Party that you would get if you were silly enough to vote for Labor

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:41pm

Labor's economic policies are being exposed to the grim scrutiny of daylight at last on their
Energy Policies

Labor are backing in renewables but when you examine the stats renewables provide f.... all on the energy grid

In reality Labor's energy policy is a fiasco. Should they gain power (pardon the pun) Electricity and Gas prices would go ballistic

Renewables don't cut it, they cannot produce the amount of energy required to run this Country. Too bad if you have a month or two when the wind doesn't blow  or dark  skies when solar gives you Jack

It is all airy fairy bulldust. Only coal and hydro can produce regular reliable energy

If Shorten wins we will literally be back in the dark ages

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:11pm

RB you speak such alarming TRUTH - the sort of stuff Tony Abbott says on 2GB every day.

Renewables achieve really only one thing - higher electricity prices.

And Labor's insane 50% renewable rubbish would roughly quadruple current high electricity prices and introduce blackouts and brownouts as a normal weekly occurrence whenever the wind stopped blowing - you know just like Sth Australia now.

But the Libs are cunningly playing the field here and using Tony Abbott to advertise "policy" unofficially until it is safe to formally introduce it as the Libs are now doing by supporting essential CHEAP coal power generation.

The Libs have carefully spread the word amongst the voters about how useless renewables are and how they greatly increase power prices so that supporting cheap coal is now a BIG ELECTION WINNER for the power starved voters and businesses.

Most of the power prices are being caused by the power suppliers gaming the system and only offering power when the price is high which is when the wind stops blowing.

The renewables rubbish has made the formerly rock steady totally stable coal and hydro power generation UNSTABLE so that there are wild peaks and troughs in demand and supply and now the private operators carefully sell when the price is high - just like shares and this causes wild fluctuations in the price of electricity that is making pensioners freeze to death during the globally cooled winter.

SHAME LABOR SHAME.

Oh if I could only afford to turn that heater on!!!!

The Australian cold is a bigger killer than Sweden's freeze – here's why
ADRIAN BARNETTBusiness Spectator7:22PM June 23, 2015

Most people are acutely aware of the toll the heat can take on human life, particularly since the extreme heat of Black Saturday in 2009 and the European heatwave of 2003. So it may come as a surprise that more Australians die from the cold than the heat.

A new study published in The Lancet shows 6.5% of deaths in this country are attributed to cold weather, compared with 0.5% from hot weather. Most deaths will be from cardiovascular and respiratory disease, as it’s the heart and lungs that struggle when we are outside our comfort zone.

When cold weather deaths were first noticed the theory was that it was due to people shovelling snow. Then when deaths were shown in warm countries such as Australia, the finger of blame moved onto the flu. While the winter flu does kill a lot of people, the majority of winter deaths are due to cold exposure via an increase in blood pressure.

The increase in blood pressure due to cold is relatively small for individuals, but almost everybody is exposed to the temperature and hence it becomes a large public health issue.

This is actually not a new finding. A seminal study also in the Lancet in 1997 demonstrated that cold was a major killer across Europe, and other studies have used historical records to show that cold has been a serious problem for centuries.

The new study is the first to show the size of the problem. It examined 13 countries, including the United Kingdom and Australia, and estimated that 7.3% of deaths from 1985 to 2012 were due to cold, with just 0.4% due to heat.

Of course, cold is often just the final trigger, and some deaths would have been in people with pre-existing illnesses such as heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who may not have had long to live. But these are deaths that are easily avoidable and many people would have had years to live.

Also, the study only examined deaths, but for every death there’ll be many more hospital admissions for things such as strokes and heart attacks.

Avoidable deaths

A big clue that these deaths are avoidable comes from comparing the size of the problem between countries. In Sweden, cold caused an estimated 3.9% of deaths, whereas in Australia it caused 6.5% (that’s one in 15 deaths).

How can it be that the often-freezing Sweden has fewer cold-related deaths than the mostly balmy Australia?

The answer is that the Swedes are far more prepared for cold temperatures. They have better clothes and keep their homes warm.

Temperatures inside a flimsy wooden Queenslander in winter are often below 18°C whereas Swedish homes will be a comfortable 23°C whatever the weather. Many Australian homes are just glorified tents and we expose ourselves to far colder temperatures than the Scandinavians do.

People with less money are more vulnerable as they may not be able to afford to heat their home or may live somewhere that’s harder to keep warm because it’s not well insulated. Caravans or mobile homes are particularly risky.

Keeping warm keeps our blood pressure down and also lowers other important cardiovascular risk factors. This includes blood viscosity (the thickness and stickiness of the blood, which affects its ability to flow through the vessels), cholesterol (which can build up and block the walls of the arteries) and fibrinogen (a protein produced by the liver that helps the blood clot).

We have solid evidence from high quality trials that insulating and heating homes lowers blood pressure, improves self-rated health and leads to fewer days off school and work.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:56pm

red baron wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:41pm:
Labor's economic policies are being exposed to the grim scrutiny of daylight at last on their
Energy Policies

Labor are backing in renewables but when you examine the stats renewables provide f.... all on the energy grid

In reality Labor's energy policy is a fiasco. Should they gain power (pardon the pun) Electricity and Gas prices would go ballistic

Renewables don't cut it, they cannot produce the amount of energy required to run this Country. Too bad if you have a month or two when the wind doesn't blow  or dark  skies when solar gives you Jack

It is all airy fairy bulldust. Only coal and hydro can produce regular reliable energy

What about gas....Gas turbines can be cranked up and wound down on short notice and are the prefect supplement for renewable's....Currently we pay more for our gas than those we sell it too....Go figure???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:12pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Energy Policies

What about gas....Gas turbines can be cranked up and wound down on short notice and are the prefect supplement for renewable's....Currently we pay more for our gas than those we sell it too....Go figure???

Go ask Peter Beattie ( now on a junket with the NRL). Or ask Anna Bligh ( now on a junket with the banks)
They signed the gas deals at a give away price for the next 25 years.

Shame labor shame,
Blackout Bill
Blackout Bill  Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:38pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:12pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Energy Policies

Go ask Peter Beattie ( now on a junket with the NRL). Or ask Anna Bligh ( now on a junket with the banks)
They signed the gas deals at a give away price for the next 25 years.

Shame labor shame,
Blackout Bill
Blackout Bill  Wink

I believe the Gillard Government also contributed to our gas being exported at rock bottom prices....The Turnbull Government is doing nothing about it....Look were they get their donations from???

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/how-the-big-three-robbed-us-of-our-own-gas-201703...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 9:04pm

Good to see Philly still believes in the Global Warming HOAX.

Philly can't see that even with gassy thingies running on in short supply gas the COST of power will still head skywards as it is in Sth Aust now.

Philly can't see that renewable rubbish generates very little power and it does this only intermittently so the amount of generating plant is DOUBLED to provide back up doubling the cost and doubling the cost of managing this abortion.

And the cost of gas generators large enough to equal the massive output of a coal generator is hideously expensive as it would be huge and suck in short supply gas like there was no tomorrow.

Just look at the mess SA is in with diesel genes stuck up trees and little gassy thingies stacked here there and everywhere.

If the wind drops and SA loses the link to the Vic coal fields for a week or so like Tasmania did it will be STUFFED!! Tassie has lots of big hydro genes as back up. SA has *uggar all!!!

Tony Abbott has been warning all and sundry that Australia is heading for disaster with renewable rubbish and now the Libs are listening to him and backing CHEAP totally reliable coal all the way.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 9:20pm

juliar wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Good to see Philly still believes in the Global Warming HOAX.

Philly can't see that even with gassy thingies running on in short supply gas the COST of power will still head skywards as it is in Sth Aust now.

Philly can't see that renewable rubbish generates very little power and it does this only intermittently so the amount of generating plant is DOUBLED to provide back up doubling the cost and doubling the cost of managing this abortion.

And the cost of gas generators large enough to equal the massive output of a coal generator is hideously expensive as it would be huge and suck in short supply gas like there was no tomorrow.

Just look at the mess SA is in with diesel genes stuck up trees and little gassy thingies stacked here there and everywhere.

If the wind drops and SA loses the link to the Vic coal fields for a week or so like Tasmania did it will be STUFFED!! Tassie has lots of big hydro genes as back up. SA has *uggar all!!!

Tony Abbott has been warning all and sundry that Australia is heading for disaster with renewable rubbish and now the Libs are listening to him and backing CHEAP totally reliable coal all the way.

If I wanted your pathetic opinion I would have pulled the chain....Nothing in anything you post resembles anything like the truth and is all crap!!!

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:03am

Now now Philly don't get snarly just because you have been caught out not being very well informed of your subject.

Now here's a bloke who really knows what he is talking about.
Viv has a way of burying globuled Greenies as dung in a compost heap.

Time to Drain the Energy Swamp
VIV FORBES Sat 21 Jul 2018 08:29:20 am/1238 COMMENTS

Gurgle burp!!!!

The Australian electricity market has become a stinking swamp covered with a tangled net of treaties, laws, rules, obligations, prohibitions, targets, taxes and subsidies. The swamp conceals the rubble of demolished coal generators; another plant destined for destruction (Liddell) is gradually sinking in the green ooze.

The swamp is slowly claiming paddocks of subsidised solar panels that, at best, only work for six hours per sunny day. The scene is uglified by spec-built regiments of ailing wind turbines that are often idle, but sometimes whirling madly.

To distract the gullible media from this mess, big diesel generators charge a gigantic battery which pumps water uphill and then lets it run down again. A garbage dump of dead lithium batteries fills a nearby gully and the swamp is fenced by locked green gates.

The stagnant water is stirred on sunny days by luxury launches carrying academics-with-models, green media evangelists, climate alarmists, emissions inspectors and power regulators. Speculative sharks constantly patrol the swamp snapping up every smelly subsidy morsel scattered by politicians in posh yachts fishing for votes.

Helicopters full of unelected UN officials hover overhead, creating choppy waves of uncertainty. A pleasant hill overlooking the swamp houses the air-conditioned offices of the power regulators. They have no windows to the world and few power engineers; they stare at screens, run models and press buttons.

The way out of the energy swamp is to retrace the way we got in.
First, get to the root of the problem – UN Climate Alarmism. Disown the Paris and Kyoto Treaties and dump all the obligations, costs, hobbles and distortions they have created. Stop their pointless war on carbon energy. Carbon dioxide does not control climate but it does support all life on earth.

Abolish green energy targets and renewable energy certificates – they belong in museums beside the WW2 ration cards.

Then de-fund and boycott the rotten core of climate alarmism - the UNIPCC. Shun their never-ending climate conferences and cease funding all of their green tentacles. Cancel the tax exempt status of political activists posing as honest scientists.

Then unravel the electricity regulations mess. Stop politicians from banning or promoting their energy favourites – speculators should be free to build wind, solar, geothermal, wave, coal, gas, nuclear or pig-poo power generators free of all special taxes, subsidies and market mandates. But no electricity distributor, retailer or consumer should be forced to accept unreliable or expensive electricity.

Then abolish all guaranteed returns on inflated capital for those who gold-plate power lines and poles, or expect big returns on under-used connections to remote wind farms or other green energy toys. Consumers should not be saddled with these hidden green taxes.

All electricity producers and retailers should face competitive market prices, get no special subsidies and obey the same tax laws. But they should be encouraged to enter into long term contracts to supply base-load or peak power at agreed prices. Such contracts could underpin construction of new reliable generation capacity.

Politicians should stop backing losers
De-centralise decision making. Test energy theories properly by letting green states go deep green on intermittent energy, while others place their bets on long-term contracts from new HELE (High Energy Low Emissions) running on solid reliable black “fossil sunshine”. Allow isolated communities to try sealed transportable nuclear power packs.

The choice for our crippled electricity industry is stark – swift surgical reform and practical innovation; or let the lights go out as our once-cheap-and-reliable grid drowns in the smelly regulatory swamp.

http://pickeringpost.com/story/time-to-drain-the-energy-swamp/8378

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:08am

What's the problem?  Labor is looking into it... just like the Union looked into Thommo's affairs.... thus far a storm in a teacup and a host of he said/she said....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:12am

Grappler, you are taking all the fun out of another Labor scandal.

A further thought on Philly getting so upset.
Why do Globally Warmed Lefties get so paranoid whenever Sth Aust's power disaster is mentioned ?

Surely SA is the canary in the coal mine insofar as renewable rubbish is concerned as SA has gone down the road to ruin with useless renewable rubbish and has come a cropper.

SA would have to install enough diesel and gas generators to equal the Vic coal fields which keeps SA afloat to properly guard against a lengthy loss of the umbilical cord to the Vic coal fields.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 6:20am

energy and population are going to be the 2 massive issues of the next decade.

people HATE blackouts
people HATE congested roads.

the liberals may well lose the next election but the 70,000 units due to be sold in the next year in sydeny and melbourne will ensure congested roads.
and the lack of baseload coal will ensure blackouts.

when joe lunchbox finishes his 90 minute commute and comes home in the middle of summer to a house sweltering in a heat wave and no power, Joe is going to pin this all on blackout Bill.

Bill wont survive the first round of rolling blackouts.

all we need is for the liberals to say  ,we are cutting immigration and we are building baseload.
they will rule for the next decade on that alone

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:09pm

Labor feminazi even forced staff to walk her dog!!!!

Brutality is big in the brutal union thugs controlled Labor Party.

Labor MP defends colleague over child care
Updated 1 hour ago

Federal Labor MP Emma Husar is facing an investigation into allegations of workplace bullying. (AAP)

Federal Labor MP Emma Husar using staff to mind her kids is a small price to pay for boosting female representation in parliament, colleague Mike Kelly says.

A federal Labor MP has defended his colleague Emma Husar over allegations she used staff to mind her children, saying it's a "small price to pay" for boosting female representation in parliament.

Mike Kelly said he had no problem with Ms Husar using staff with taxpayer-funded salaries to help the single mother-of-three juggle life as a federal politician.

"It's a small price to pay for having a truly representative democracy and facilitating the ability of women to participate in our parliament," Mr Kelly told Sky News on Tuesday.

Ms Husar, who won the western Sydney seat of Lindsay for Labor in 2016, is facing an internal investigation into allegations of workplace bullying and harassment of staff.

Aside from using staff for child care, she is also accused of using people employed by her office to walk and clean up after her dog.

But Mr Kelly said Ms Husar had been up front with people about the help she needs to do her job.

"You've got a hard-working young woman here, a single mother with three kids, having to juggle a very tough electorate in Lindsay with a lot of diverse issues and then of course do the commute to Canberra," he said.

Mr Kelly said it was better for the proceedings of parliament if children weren't brought into the chamber, if it could be helped.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/labor-mp-defends-colleague-over-child-care

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:08am:
What's the problem?  Labor is looking into it... just like the Union looked into Thommo's affairs.... thus far a storm in a teacup and a host of he said/she said....

Looking into it? Like a mirror? Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:21pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:38pm:
I believe the Gillard Government also contributed to our gas being exported at rock bottom prices....The Turnbull Government is doing nothing about it....Look were they get their donations from???

Oh. Labor signed contracts for a specified time period? Oh, dear.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:54pm

But Mr Kelly said Ms Husar had been up front with people about the help she needs to do her job

then she should do what everyone else has to do..
PAY PEOPLE TO DO THOSE JOBS SHE IS TOO BUSY TO DO HERSELF>>>

simples!

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 10:40am

Labor's pinup feminazi gets a bit of her own back and runs for cover!!

And Bulldust Billy is claiming (lying) that he didn't know about it!!!!

‘Threatening messages’ force embattled Labor MP Emma Husar to take personal leave
The New Daily 6:51pm, Jul 24, 2018 Updated: 10:12pm, Jul 24

Labor Member for Lindsay Emma Husar is on leave. Photo: AAP

Labor MP Emma Husar has announced she will take personal leave after revealing she had received threats of violence in the past few days.

The announcement comes as Ms Husar faces an internal investigation by the New South Wales Labor Party into allegations of workplace bullying and harassment of staff.

Ms Husar has been accused of using staff employed by her office to mind her children and clean up after her dog, with one staffer describing working for the MP as “hell”.

The western Sydney MP says she has received threatening messages including threats of violence that she has referred to federal police.

In a statement, Ms Husar said the past few days had been “incredibly difficult” for her and her family.

“I have written to the chief opposition whip to advise him that I will be taking personal leave, effective immediately,” her statement said.

“I’m a single mum and my first priority is the safety and wellbeing of my children.

“The best thing for me and my family right now is for us to be out of the spotlight so I can access support.

Ms Husar said her electorate office would continue to operate as normal.

‘A professional and respectful workplace’
Ms Husar said she was horrified to learn of the investigation into her conduct when the news broke last week.

The allegations were first revealed by news website Buzzfeed News, detailing accusations of harassment, intimidation and demanding staff to carry out personal duties, by Ms Husar.

Ms Husar has been a member of federal Parliament since 2016, and said no staff had ever raised issues with her before the investigation was launched in March.

“I love my job and I am incredibly passionate about representing the Lindsay community I have lived in my whole life. My community doesn’t get the airtime it deserves and I am working hard to change that,” Ms Husar said in a statement issued last week.

“The assertions that have been made do not reflect who I am or how my office operates.

“My office is a professional and respectful workplace. It should not be perceived in any other way and, of course, I am sorry if any person has been given reason to think otherwise.

Ms Husar last week received the support of senior federal Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese who defended his colleague as a “terrific” hard-working single mum.

“What I know about Emma Husar is that she’s a single mum, works incredibly hard, represents her electorate very strongly,” he told the Nine Network on Friday.

“I find her a terrific person to deal with. I find her a very good local member of Parliament.”

A NSW Labor Party spokesman told the ABC that no public comment would be made until the “conclusion of the independent process”.

-with AAP and ABC

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/nsw/2018/07/24/mp-emma-husar-leave-threate...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print