Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Bring back the Boats says the ACTU (Read 5372 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Bring back the Boats says the ACTU
Reply #30 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:17am

Dnarever wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:30am:
Labor love immigrants because they end up voting for Labor. End of story.

In fact the opposite is more likely.

Not really.  have you ever spoken to any?
I've spoken to many on election days setting up Labor voting stations and putting up posters etc.
Quote " I vote Labor because they let me come here"

In Plumpton where the local ALP Branch was full of Filipinos married to old men...  they all gave out how to votes and encouraged all Filipinos to vote Labor.  Since they then only took Labor paraphernalia you'd have to assume that's exactly what they did.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #31 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:03am

Grendel wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:17am:

I've spoken to many on election days setting up Labor voting stations and putting up posters etc.

In Plumpton where the local ALP Branch was full of Filipinos married to old men...  they all gave out how to votes and encouraged all Filipinos to vote Labor.  Since they then only took Labor paraphernalia you'd have to assume that's exactly what they did.

Is this another of your I've got Muslim and gay friends storys  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:41am

Its time wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:03am:

Now now, some of Grendel's best friends are Muslims, gays and mail-order brides.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #33 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:21am

Reuters: "More than a third of the world’s population, or 2.6 billion people, live in nations and territories gripped by repression, corruption and human rights abuses."

If we have an obligation to accept these populations, we have a right to depose their governments. We don't have either. Populations running away from these regimes, effectively, acquiesce to them.

I am not familiar with details of the often quoted "UN obligations," but I would be very surprised to find that it demanded we accept illegal entry.

Australian citizens do not confer on the elected the right to make agreements with the UN that open or weaken the boundaries that define that citizenship, or indulge in other radical demographic experiments.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #34 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:10am

issuevoter wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:21am:
Reuters: "More than a third of the world’s population, or 2.6 billion people, live in nations and territories gripped by repression, corruption and human rights abuses."

If we have an obligation to accept these populations, we have a right to depose their governments. We don't have either. Populations running away from these regimes, effectively, acquiesce to them.

I am not familiar with details of the often quoted "UN obligations," but I would be very surprised to find that it demanded we accept illegal entry.

Australian citizens do not confer on the elected the right to make agreements with the UN that open or weaken the boundaries that define that citizenship, or indulge in other radical demographic experiments.

Statistics can be manipulated....Out of the 2.6 billion people who live in nations and territories gripped by repression, corruption and human rights abuses only a fraction would be persecuted or abused....It is the minorities in these countries that flee and seek asylum in countries all over the world....I would call your claim dog whistling and fear mongering at best!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:12am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
red baron wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
If the boats are allowed free rein this Country will lose its identity and become forever more known as 'that sh.thole at the end of the world'

Mr Hammer and juliar have given up, Red.

Perhaps you can help them find something from the Labor Party and/or the unions saying that they want the boats to have free rein.

Read this first, though:

"The combination of offshore processing and regional resettlement together with the policy of turning back boats has stopped the flow of vessels arriving on our shores. None could have succeeded in isolation but together they have ended a human tragedy.

"To ensure that people smugglers are denied the opportunity to offer any incentive to vulnerable people to board unsafe boats to make the dangerous journey to Australia by sea. Provided it can be done so safely, a future Labor Government will retain the option of turning boats around."

Article- The Daily Telegraph can reveal the final policy document of the ACTU, the unions’ peak body, voted on by all of its affiliated unions on Wednesday, calls for “an end to offshore solutions” that breach Australia’s international obligations under the UN Refugee Convention, along with stopping the practice of turning around boats full of illegal arrivals.

Not turning boats around will encourage the smuggling trade Pecca. Sure as s hit.

Directly from the Labor Party website:

"a future Labor Government will retain the option of turning boats around."

What part of that don't you understand?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:00am

Did I mention Muslims?  No
Did I mention gays?  No
Its just another true story people like you can deny, but that won't make it any less true. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't you have any gay or muslim friends CFMMEU?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:03am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:41am:

Now now, some of Grendel's best friends are Muslims, gays and mail-order brides.

Thanks Klownal, but I don't personally know any mail-order brides.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:05am

Now I wonder Klownal if SET will be upset by both you and Lwhinger flaming me like the true trolls you are.
pity a mod didn't delete your crap so I didn't have to reply to it eh.
Yep...  it happens all the time day after day. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #39 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:08am

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:06am:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/unions-demand-bill-shorten-make-chang...

POWERFUL union leaders are set to demand Bill Shorten stops turning back people-smuggling operations at sea and ends offshore detention, putting pressure on the politician they helped elevate into the leadership.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the final policy document of the ACTU, the unions’ peak body, voted on by all of its affiliated unions on Wednesday, calls for “an end to offshore solutions” that breach Australia’s international obligations under the UN Refugee Convention, along with stopping the practice of turning around boats full of illegal arrivals.

The ACTU confirmed this policy document will form the basis of a list of demands the unions will make on Mr Shorten at the ALP National Conference in December, ahead of the federal election.

“The offshore ‘processing’ system of asylum seekers in Nauru and Manus Island is discriminatory, and lacks transparency and independent oversight,” the ACTU congress policy document states.

SHARRI MARKSON: WHY SHORTEN IS BEHOLDEN TO UNIONS

“Congress rejects other policies of ‘deterrence’ implemented alongside offshore detention, especially intercepting and turning back boats at sea, or transferring refugees to other vessels for immediate return to their countries of origin without a proper assessment of their claims for protection.”

Mr Shorten’s alliance with several powerful unions, including the CFMMEU, Transport Workers Union, Health Services Union, Australian Workers Union and the Shoppies Union was a political strength that helped secure him the leadership.

But there are now growing concerns from Labor MPs, particularly from the Right faction, that Mr Shorten is under pressure to adopt left-wing social and economic policies to appease the unions that backed him into the leadership — and that will see him at odds with the Australian electorate.

Cods could lead by example by taking a boat back to the UK.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:07pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 11:08am:
cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:06am:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/unions-demand-bill-shorten-make-chang...

POWERFUL union leaders are set to demand Bill Shorten stops turning back people-smuggling operations at sea and ends offshore detention, putting pressure on the politician they helped elevate into the leadership.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the final policy document of the ACTU, the unions’ peak body, voted on by all of its affiliated unions on Wednesday, calls for “an end to offshore solutions” that breach Australia’s international obligations under the UN Refugee Convention, along with stopping the practice of turning around boats full of illegal arrivals.

The ACTU confirmed this policy document will form the basis of a list of demands the unions will make on Mr Shorten at the ALP National Conference in December, ahead of the federal election.

“The offshore ‘processing’ system of asylum seekers in Nauru and Manus Island is discriminatory, and lacks transparency and independent oversight,” the ACTU congress policy document states.

SHARRI MARKSON: WHY SHORTEN IS BEHOLDEN TO UNIONS

“Congress rejects other policies of ‘deterrence’ implemented alongside offshore detention, especially intercepting and turning back boats at sea, or transferring refugees to other vessels for immediate return to their countries of origin without a proper assessment of their claims for protection.”

Mr Shorten’s alliance with several powerful unions, including the CFMMEU, Transport Workers Union, Health Services Union, Australian Workers Union and the Shoppies Union was a political strength that helped secure him the leadership.

But there are now growing concerns from Labor MPs, particularly from the Right faction, that Mr Shorten is under pressure to adopt left-wing social and economic policies to appease the unions that backed him into the leadership — and that will see him at odds with the Australian electorate.

Cods could lead by example by taking a boat back to the UK.

I'll donate some money towards her ticket.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 3:10pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:05am:
Now I wonder Klownal if SET will be upset by both you and Lwhinger flaming me like the true trolls you are.

It is metaphoric.....satire if you like....or in simpler terms.....taking the piss out of the stuff you have posted previously about know many poofs and Muslims you know well.

Gawd.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 3:29pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:05am:

It is metaphoric.....satire if you like....or in simpler terms.....taking the piss out of the stuff you have posted previously about know many poofs and Muslims you know well.

Gawd.

Roll Eyes

Typical of you to choose to write this crap Aussie instead of post on topic, you seem to like Trolls and their behaviour and hate it when others point it out.

Stop making excuses, you'd never make a good mod let alone admin... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And like I said everyday... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:19pm

Labor's TOP Priorities

RESTART the BOATS

STEAL MONEY from the PENSIONERS

INCREASE ELECTRICITY PRICES by 4 TIMES with their 50% renewable rubbish insanity

Little Shorty and the CFMMEU campaigning to LOSE the LONGMAN BY-ELECTION!!!!

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #44 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:31am:

Can't argue with that.

Well - what TRUE humanitarian COULD ?

Rather APPALINGLY -
"the right"
of Australian politics
(not that this matter should EVER have been made a political football of)
insist that imprisonment of refugees - in foreign is necessary to
"stop the boats"

Then on the other hand -
this government
insist that those seeking refuge in Australia from civil wars in their once homelands - are NOT
"being made an example of"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print