Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Veiled women more threatening than ku klux klan (Read 28595 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Veiled women more threatening than ku klux klan
Reply #30 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:14am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:18am:
cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:59am:
we are talking about two different things really...

It seems so. I'm talking about planet earth, whereas you are clearly talking about some fantasy world where men routinely walk around in niqabs just a frequently as women.

Also, you completely miss the point I am making.

but some do pet.... and as we have seen.

and its usually someone with ulterior motives... Angry

not long ago  one women refused to remove her "veil" for a policeman...when pulled over....

there was a question mark over who turned up to face the penalty??????...

no one could prove it was or wasnt her.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I havent seen any KKK member or skier having the same problem?.... Roll Eyes

perhaps you have..

you seem to be under the impression NO MALE would ever stoop to wearing a veil...

Grin Grin Grin Grin

what planet are you from again?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:19am

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:14am:

It seems so. I'm talking about planet earth, whereas you are clearly talking about some fantasy world where men routinely walk around in niqabs just a frequently as women.

not long ago  one women refused to remove her "veil" for a policeman...when pulled over....

perhaps you have..

you seem to be under the impression NO MALE would ever stoop to wearing a veil...

Grin Grin Grin Grin

What's stopping any of these people from having an ulterior motive?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:24am

I wish Muslims would be honest about what the burqa is. It's motive is to stop men cracking on to her so her husband doesn't have to worry. No face , no cracking on. It's about  ownership. It's the same motive as clit cutting. If she doesn't enjoy sex then she won't stray. This honour crap is a load of bollocks.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:35am

from what I read on the subject hammer  its more the womens choice....I am sure a few men would demand it.. but not all....lets face it they even cover their little girls hair as if its a sin to have hair....I dont know what age they are expected or choose to wear the "veil"

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:40am

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:35am:
from what I read on the subject hammer  its more the womens choice....I am sure a few men would demand it.. but not all....lets face it they even cover their little girls hair as if its a sin to have hair....I dont know what age they are expected or choose to wear the "veil"

They get brainwashed from an early age cods. It is her choice but people don't like what it's about. Any thinking person can see that it's a belief  that could be a problem in our future. It's old , outdated and belongs back in the middle east. Our women have rights here. They don't belong to men like a dog on a leash who's little dick makes him paranoid that his wife will stray.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:17pm

Quote:
2. insisting that a woman in a full face veil is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit

Gandalf can you explain how I managed to say this without mentioning either women or veils?

Would it be fair to describe your post as a hysterical overreaction?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:19am:

perhaps you have..

Grin Grin Grin Grin

What's stopping any of these people from having an ulterior motive?

http://entertainmentstore.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AFL6.jpg

I'm curious.

cods: it was a serious question.

What's your answer?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:40am:

They get brainwashed from an early age cods. It is her choice but people don't like what it's about. Any thinking person can see that it's a belief  that could be a problem in our future. It's old , outdated and belongs back in the middle east. Our women have rights here. They don't belong to men like a dog on a leash who's little dick makes him paranoid that his wife will stray.

Sounds a bit like racism and bigotry.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:19pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:40am:

Sounds a bit like racism and bigotry.

Just reality Pecca. Australia is a oasis in a world of s hit. We don't need behaviours from Fed up countries coming in a corrupting ours. I bet you can't explain to me what this "honouring a woman" argument is about?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:24pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:49am:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 10:21pm:
Quote:
They both cover the face Gandalf. They are both emblems of a political movement that uses violence to intimidate and silence people. Would you agree that Islam is a greater threat to freedom and democracy than the KKK?

If you are talking internationally then yes, especially if you are female or gay or Jewish.

If you mean in the west, then yes, especially if you are female or gay, and now, in parts of France and Germany, Jewish.

It's a system of thought that doesn't play well, hell they don't play well with each other.

And virtue signaling luvvie apologists are sleepwalking political Islam into positions of influence. ABC can't have a talking head program without the burka bint or beardy wierdy. I look to lessons from London, from France and Germany to what is going to happen here.

Bollards innit. And it aint going to get better, Islam is on the march in the west and the west will lose.

So do you consider it nothing but virtue signalling luvvie apologist sleepwalking to criticise someone for drawing a moral equivalence between a woman who chooses to veil (and otherwise mind her own business) and hateful racist Klansmen who's raison de'tre is to hate and intimidate?

No false equivalency from me, if you want a good example of that look over the page to Gregg posting pictures of costumed football mascots.

I answered the question as put, I agree that Islam is a greater threat to freedom and democracy than the KKK. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:26pm

Quote:
I answered the question as put, I agree that Islam is a greater threat to freedom and democracy than the KKK.

Is anyone prepared to claim otherwise?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:44pm

freediver wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:17pm:
Quote:
2. insisting that a woman in a full face veil is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit

Gandalf can you explain how I managed to say this without mentioning either women or veils?

Would it be fair to describe your post as a hysterical overreaction?

Thats clever FD. Who knew that when you said "They both cover the face Gandalf. They are both emblems of a political movement that uses violence to intimidate and silence people" - you weren't actually referring to the veil? Prey tell, what did you mean when you referred to something that covers the woman's face? Spongebob Squarepants perhaps?

And I would say that its fair to describe as 'hysterical overreaction' bringing up out of the blue the rhetorical question 'what is more of a threat to our freedom - Islam or the KKK' -  as some sort of counter-argument to the idea that the KKK outfit is more sinister and threatening than the veil.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #42 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:48pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:24pm:

The question was posed as some kind of attempted response to the idea that people dressed in KKK outfits are more threatening and sinister than veiled women.

And you criticise me for false equivalence...

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:53pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:24pm:

The question was posed as some kind of attempted response to the idea that people dressed in KKK outfits are more threatening and sinister than veiled women.

And you criticise me for false equivalence...

No I didn't.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:54pm

Perhaps if I put it this way...

I've never once seen or heard of a male in Australia dressing up in an Islamic veil or burqa for sinister Islamic purposes. (though there was at least one occassion of Islamophobes wearing burkas in order to intimidate people who supported muslims). However I see women walking the streets in niqabs literally all the time.

Ahhh - but how do I know they are women eh?  Tongue

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Send Topic Print