Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Veiled women more threatening than ku klux klan (Read 28333 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Veiled women more threatening than ku klux klan
Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:50pm

FD's getting a bit antsy about me accusing him of saying the muslim niqab (full-faced veil) is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit...

freediver wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 12:11pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
2. insisting that a woman in a full face veil is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit

Can you quote me on that Gandalf?

So rather than derail the other thread, I thought I would make a new discussion for it.

Anyway, it seems I misrepresented FD, and for that I sincerely apologise. No, FD doesn't think niqab's are "every bit" as intimidating as Ku Klux Klan outfits, he thinks they are even worse:

freediver wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Imagine if a few dozen KKK members turned up to a racially charged trial and sat silently in the back with their face covered. Or even worse, Muslims.

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:22pm:
They both cover the face Gandalf. They are both emblems of a political movement that uses violence to intimidate and silence people. Would you agree that Islam is a greater threat to freedom and democracy than the KKK?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Veiled women more threatening than ku klux klan
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:11pm

I'm all in favour of the black tent and head covering.

Women dressed up as ghouls suits islam.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:20pm

hate to mention this small detail gandalf   but ISLAM is more wide spread than the KKK.....at least I havent heard of cells in Europe or Asia or OZ for that matter.....

I would use the word "intimidating" when it refers to face cover....likewise I wouldnt think it acceptable to wear a full faced motor bike helmet in court either...

men use ski masks to hold up corner stores gandy???.....should they be legally allowed to to that?....and maybe even wear them in court?...

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:24pm

cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
but ISLAM is more wide spread than the KKK

Funny, FD uses this same trick to try and convince us that a harmless little lady who happens to cover her face for modesty is more sinister and threatening than someone dressed in ku klux klan garb. I'll be he'll even employ an argument like "oh but what about a harmless little lady who happens to decide to wear the ku klux klan outfit?" - like its totally plausible for it to be her normal going out clothes.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:26pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:24pm:

Funny, FD uses this same trick to try and convince us that a harmless little lady who happens to cover her face for modesty is more sinister and threatening than someone dressed in ku klux klan garb.

Haven't heard of a Klux member blowing people up. Burqa dressed men and women have though.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:28pm

Thats right homo, hooded klasnmen never hurt anyone.. wot?

Quote:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:32pm

Burqa clad men and women have blown themselves up, pulled rifles  out from under them and sprayed people with AK47 fire and alluded capture amongst other things. Loads of ISIS  escaped capture by putting on the good old burqa. Being a scumbag terrorist and being able to walk around without facial identification would have to be a godsend.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:26pm:

Funny, FD uses this same trick to try and convince us that a harmless little lady who happens to cover her face for modesty is more sinister and threatening than someone dressed in ku klux klan garb.

Haven't heard of a Klux member blowing people up. Burqa dressed men and women have though.

Doubt if seeing their faces would help.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:34pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:28pm:

About 50 years ago maybe. Name me one terrorist act the klux have committed in the last 40 years Obama?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:46pm

Being truthful, my only concern with the burqa is that it puts up a barrier between herself and society. I just don't see that  as healthy for the woman and society. We need to come together somehow. Not isolate ourselves.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:51pm

Perhaps, but its their choice.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 5:16pm

While the woman in a burka may be non threatening it's a sign that fundamentalist islam is present and islam for years has been becoming increasingly fundamentalist.

Fundy islam is a bloody bug threat to western democracy

A person in a KKK is indeed a worry but big picture,  there are only 3000 KKK members in the whole world.

There would be at least 3000 fundy muslims in just Lakemba.

End of thread

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:04pm

Funny, FD uses this same trick to try and convince us that a harmless little lady who happens to cover her face for modesty is more sinister and threatening than someone dressed in ku klux klan garb. I'll be he'll even employ an argument like "oh but what about a harmless little lady who happens to decide to wear the ku klux klan outfit?" - like its totally plausible for it to be her normal going out clothes.

funny thing gandalf....we all know Osama Bin Laden escaped from Afghanistan dressed in the burqa during the height of his reign.....

have you never heard of females with body bombs under their burqa??.. who blow up innocents   because of their HATE...

would you be happy to travel on a plane full of people wearing the burqa ??? I wonder!

in a muslim country its fine gandalf I have no problem with it....but in this country.....I do have a problem with it.......and as we have seen   some women use it as a weapon to claim RACISM...when asked to remove it...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

when in ROME gandalf..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:41pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
FD's getting a bit antsy about me accusing him of saying the muslim niqab (full-faced veil) is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit...

freediver wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 12:11pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
2. insisting that a woman in a full face veil is every bit as intimidating and sinister as someone dressed in a ku klux klan outfit

Can you quote me on that Gandalf?

So rather than derail the other thread, I thought I would make a new discussion for it.

Anyway, it seems I misrepresented FD, and for that I sincerely apologise. No, FD doesn't think niqab's are "every bit" as intimidating as Ku Klux Klan outfits, he thinks they are even worse:

freediver wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Imagine if a few dozen KKK members turned up to a racially charged trial and sat silently in the back with their face covered. Or even worse, Muslims.

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:22pm:
They both cover the face Gandalf. They are both emblems of a political movement that uses violence to intimidate and silence people. Would you agree that Islam is a greater threat to freedom and democracy than the KKK?

Are you conceding that you were yet again misrepresenting what I said?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:28pm:

About 50 years ago maybe. Name me one terrorist act the klux have committed in the last 40 years Obama?

Hooded klansmen are not a race.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 14
Send Topic Print