Send Topic Print
at the zoo again? (Read 766 times)
moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

at the zoo again?
Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:40pm

This weirdo was on the news last night.

There is a distinct smell of a rat, and I'm fairly sure there is an elephant in the room

Quote:
Husband left bleeding wife on bathroom floor. Five days later she died.

By Caitlin Guilfoyle
30 April 2018 — 4:51pm

Mohamed Naddaf's wife was bleeding from "head to toe" when he found her tied up in their garage but, a court has heard, she asked him not to call an ambulance and she eventually died after days lying on their bathroom floor.

Naddaf, 38, has pleaded guilty to negligent manslaughter over the death of Ashleigh Brown, 25, whose body was found in their Craigieburn home in November 2016.

He told police he found Ms Brown badly injured in the garage but did not call emergency services because she asked him not to, the Supreme Court of Victoria heard on Monday.

Ms Brown lay in the bathroom with a sheet, pillow and heater while Naddaf gave her water through a syringe for up to five days, the court was told.

The Crown cannot say who attacked Ms Brown and Naddaf is not charged with any physical assault.

He told police he went to bed the previous night and took medication, which meant he couldn't hear anything.

Prosecutors told the court Ms Brown would have needed assistance to get from the garage to the bathroom and that Naddaf was the only person on hand.

Crown prosecutor Patrick Bourke said it was "blindingly obvious" Ms Brown needed immediate medical attention.

"She had to be assisted into the house," he said.

Defence barrister David Cronin said Naddaf had shown genuine concern for his wife and made efforts to care for her, dressing her wounds and giving her medication.

"There has been some compassion," he told the court.

Justice John Champion questioned whether Naddaf had left Ms Brown to die.

"He left her on the hard floor of the bathroom for four to five days," the judge said.

Ms Brown's mother Siobhann Brown, who was in court, said she was a "shell" of her former self and would never get over her daughter's death.

"I am completely destroyed and heartbroken," her statement to the court said.

Ms Brown's father, Michael Scott, said he felt angry and helpless in the wake of Ms Brown's death.

"There is nothing I can do to bring her back," his statement said.

"I am angry with myself for not being able to stop what has happened to Ashleigh."

qur'an 4.34: Men are the maintainers of women because allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely allah is high, great.

I got a funny feeling he was just following the qur'an and she died from it.

I mean how stupid and unintelligent would you have to be to find your wife in the garage supposedly seriously assaulted by some stranger, then not do a thing about it?

Ah well them's the breaks we all know how good islam is.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: at the zoo again?
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 9:48pm

I agree, Moses. Prophet Yeheshua was clear: love thine enemy. Judgeth not, as ye surely shall be judged.

The elephant gives off a most soothing aroma, no?

Love them.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 2:39pm

Justice has prevailed in a small way:

Quote:
Man jailed for wife's death amid protest

1:54pm Jul 20, 2018

A man who allowed his wife to die an "avoidable and miserable" death after finding her bound and badly injured at their Melbourne home, has been jailed for at least eight years.

Mohamed Naddaf pleaded guilty to the criminally negligent manslaughter of Ashlee Brown, 25, who died in their "unkempt and dirty" Craigieburn home in November 2016.

Justice John Champion, in sentencing Naddaf in the Supreme Court of Victoria on Friday, said Ms Brown was found in the passenger seat of the couple's car after having been subjected to a "deliberate and frenzied assault" and tied up with clothesline wire.

Bloodstains were found throughout the garage and car, and Ms Brown had cuts and bruises across her body, which worsened over subsequent days.

Naddaf, 37 at the time, helped Ms Brown to the bathroom, laying her on a flannelette sheet on the floor, and feeding her water through a syringe for five days.

He finally called triple zero on November 6 after Ms Brown died from complications arising from her numerous injuries, and internal and external bleeding.

An autopsy confirmed Ms Brown suffered multiple blunt and sharp force trauma injuries to her head, buttocks, torso, arms and legs including stab wounds to her thighs.

By the time ambulance officers arrived, Ms Brown was "cold to the touch and stiff", and had been dead for some time.

Justice Champion said he did not accept Naddaf's claim that Ms Brown begged him not to call for help.

However, he said Naddaf's motivation was unclear.

"The Crown is not in a position to prove who inflicted the injuries upon Ms Brown," Justice Champion said.

"It is not possible to say exactly when Ms Brown died but ... she suffered to a considerable degree."

He described Naddaf's attempts at caring for her as "feeble and derisory" and "deserving of condemnation".

"She lay on the floor of the bathroom for four to five days where you allowed her deterioration," he said.

"All that was required was a phone call.

"Her death was slow, avoidable and miserable."

Right-wing activist group, the Australian Liberty Alliance, staged a protest outside court on Friday, chanting "justice for Ashlee".

Ms Brown's mother Siobhan told reporters after the sentencing she believed Naddaf should have instead faced a murder trial for the death of her daughter, who had converted to Islam.

"I am here today to raise awareness to the horrific, torturous death that Ashlee endured," she said outside court.

"My daughter's injuries and circumstances surrounding her death had all the hallmarks of an Islamic honour killing."

She described her daughter as a "ray of sunshine" who "loved life".

Naddaf was sentenced to 11 years' imprisonment and must serve at least eight years before being eligible for parole.

He has already served 621 days in pre-sentence detention.

Should have been life oh well at least he got something for obeying 4.34.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:31pm

Do you believe in the death penalty, Moses?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:40pm

I just said this bloke should have got life, the difference beyond your ken?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:58pm

moses wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:40pm:
I just said this bloke should have got life, the difference beyond your ken?

But do you?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 2:32pm

I'll type the next bit really slowly for you.

----I------- just------- said---- this---- bloke----- should---- have----- got---- life-----, the---- difference-----beyond----- your-------ken--------?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:46pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Do you believe in the death penalty, Moses?

I'm curious.

I wonder if Mohamed Naddaf believed in the death penalty.

Are you curious?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print