Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Will you Opt out? - medical records. (Read 4608 times)
Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Will you Opt out? - medical records.
Reply #45 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:37am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:27am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:22am:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 9:34am:
the chemist knows what meds I am taking....

I agree my regular chemist knows what meds I have had from them in the past, as they will often comment on a new med you haven't had before.

Not sure if you went to a chemist on the other side of town if they would  know.

every year I end up on the free meds  and I get a card to use if I go to another chemist...so they can I presume use my account I have with my usual chemist.......if you get a lot of scripts re and not always the same chemist  tell the newby where your account is.. and they will add thatscript to the list....

one year I had 6 months free meds....the year of the bad hip...lolol

Sound like you are providing the doctor with a new Mercedes every year codsy !!

Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:56am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:37am:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:27am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:22am:

I agree my regular chemist knows what meds I have had from them in the past, as they will often comment on a new med you haven't had before.

Not sure if you went to a chemist on the other side of town if they would  know.

every year I end up on the free meds  and I get a card to use if I go to another chemist...so they can I presume use my account I have with my usual chemist.......if you get a lot of scripts re and not always the same chemist  tell the newby where your account is.. and they will add thatscript to the list....

one year I had 6 months free meds....the year of the bad hip...lolol

Sound like you are providing the doctor with a new Mercedes every year codsy !!

Grin

bloody hell!  tell me about it?

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:19am

My parents just opted out.   We have too many friends who are doctors, and doctors can get quiet nosy.   I am still on the fence to opt out.  Not so much my medical information being shared, but my personal details like dob, address, medicare number etc.   These can be used to forge an identity.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:42am

Why is the onus on us to opt out? we should be asked if we want to be on it, not asked if we DON'T want to be on it ... and if not enough people say yes, then these vulnerable records and website should not go ahead

Human rights are arse about in Australia. Who are the communists setting these things up and just turning us into numbers for a communist utopia?

The Health system should be about competent, suitably trained intelligent doctors who can diagnose on the spot without wasting valuable time possibly reading the wrong patients record with the same name - it happens and happens often, and if you as a patient is on a machines and out to it, you won't know if someone elses record is being applied to you

A doctor looking up these records is like a pilot of an airliner thumbing through the planes manual when the plane is close to crashing

Read this thread if you really want an insight into things that can go wrong ...

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1485857667

Of all these concerning issues, there's one issue that really got my dander up. It's only mentioned briefly but it was about doctors taking drugs in their leisure time. The Minster got onto it but all the other issue are very serious as well

You won't be able to trust records and websites until you can fully trust the Healthcare System itself and the Public Service

At the moment, I trust no one and I opted out of the records many months ago, now I shouldn't have to opt out of the website publication of my records because they shouldn't be there ... but I'll look anyway, and if my name and records are there, I'll sue them

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:50am

tickleandrose wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:19am:
My parents just opted out.   We have too many friends who are doctors, and doctors can get quiet nosy.   I am still on the fence to opt out.  Not so much my medical information being shared, but my personal details like dob, address, medicare number etc.   These can be used to forge an identity. 

very true... but we have no idea what info about us is out there anyway.....

if people can hack your bank accoun t  then they also know your other details dont they?... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its a fact of life today   your mobile has every movement you make on it...your visa card tells people what you eat for gods sakes...have a look at your trash account and see who has your email that you didnt give them.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

we are crazy if we think we hide anything...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #50 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:54am

buzzanddidj wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Quote:
Security advocates are urging people to consider opting out, citing potential privacy issues.

I'm IN

In MY individual case, the "pros" far out weigh the "cons"

Two years ago I was ambulanced to intensive care with a near fatal case of
diabetic ketoacidosis

This nasty condition also causes mental confusion
It was left to me to try and remember what prescribed medications I was on
I was treated over four days - in an induced coma
The emergency staff could have established my medications regime accurately and immediately through a "My Health" file

I doubt too many Russian agents would have any great interest in hacking the health details of this 62 year old physical train-wreck

when I have been for blood tests  I have been asked   what meds are you taking.....

all on computers that staff have access too?.....

I dont know what the fuss is about.!

the fuss is about the fact it isnt secure and just about anyone can access your personal information including your medical information.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #51 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:55am

EVERYONE IS OPTING OUT: case closed!  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #52 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:56am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:54am:
buzzanddidj wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Quote:
Security advocates are urging people to consider opting out, citing potential privacy issues.

I'm IN

In MY individual case, the "pros" far out weigh the "cons"

Two years ago I was ambulanced to intensive care with a near fatal case of
diabetic ketoacidosis

This nasty condition also causes mental confusion
It was left to me to try and remember what prescribed medications I was on
I was treated over four days - in an induced coma
The emergency staff could have established my medications regime accurately and immediately through a "My Health" file

I doubt too many Russian agents would have any great interest in hacking the health details of this 62 year old physical train-wreck

when I have been for blood tests  I have been asked   what meds are you taking.....

all on computers that staff have access too?.....

I dont know what the fuss is about.!

the fuss is about the fact it isnt secure and just about anyone can access your personal information including your medical information.

Spot

cods drinks metho: best leave the poor thing alone  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #53 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:59am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:50am:

if people can hack your bank accoun t  then they also know your other details dont they?... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its a fact of life today   your mobile has every movement you make on it...your visa card tells people what you eat for gods sakes...have a look at your trash account and see who has your email that you didnt give them.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get off the metho you crazy lunatic : you don't just give up because some cracked up idiot on the internet called cods says so!

*** You are here for truly evil purposes aren't you buddy  Wink Wink Wink Wink

Get off the metho you crazy lunatic : you don't just give up because some cracked up idiot on the internet called cods says so!

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:14pm

True, but still it would be one less thing to worry about.  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 3:55pm

tickleandrose wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:14pm:

True, but still it would be one less thing to worry about.  Smiley

I dont worry about that    worry wont stop it..

and if anyone was interested in my medical records good luck with that... Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #56 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 4:45pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:54am:

Spot

Correct - 900,000 people will have access to your personal records.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 4:45pm

I'm with you on this cods...

My medical records are wrong anyway since they were transferred to where I live now...  incompatible computer systems stuffed them up. But nothing life endangering so far.
I suppose opting out would be safe in that case, and of course there are some medical issues people would only like their Drs to share.
I don't see why they don't just give protected access to medical personnel, surely no-one else would be interested anyway, or have a right to know.

But hey they can get access to the stuff T&R is worried about right now.  In fact people probably already have.

It of course would be handy if it was accurate and you were caught in an accident somewhere, where your history wasn't known.  But many things, like blood type etc can be easily tested for.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #58 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 4:47pm

sound too iffy- I'm out

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 4:49pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
sound too iffy- I'm out

But then again - you are supposed to be given
details of the name of any person who looked at your records.
That could be handy to know as you could sue them in court if they had no right to access it.
It could be a way to make a lot of money!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print