Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Will you Opt out? - medical records. (Read 4609 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Will you Opt out? - medical records.
Reply #15 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:33pm

I am not allowed to read my medical records. Not sure how opting out will change things.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #16 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:33pm:
I am not allowed to read my medical records. Not sure how opting out will change things.

Thats a point. Nobody is allowed to. One time in hospital they left my file near me and went away and when they came back i was reading it. they snatched it from me and explained that it is classified and im not allowed to read it. You can imagine the argument that followed but the short of it is you arent allowed to read your own records.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:51pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

Thats a point. Nobody is allowed to. One time in hospital they left my file near me and went away and when they came back i was reading it. they snatched it from me and explained that it is classified and im not allowed to read it. You can imagine the argument that followed but the short of it is you arent allowed to read your own records.

Same thing happened to me. Was in hospital for teeth extraction. They left the medical records with me, whilst I slept off a recovery. I woke up and used that for reading material. A lot of bullshit that they wrote during my stay in mental health. They came over and told me that I was not supposed to read the file. Did not snatch it from me, though.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #18 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:51pm:

Same thing happened to me. Was in hospital for teeth extraction. They left the medical records with me, whilst I slept off a recovery. I woke up and used that for reading material. A lot of bullshit that they wrote during my stay in mental health. They came over and told me that I was not supposed to read the file. Did not snatch it from me, though.

Heh i think the snatching was because i was actually in there because of a medical "accident".

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:17pm

And yet 900,000 strangers will be allowed to read your records - go figure?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #20 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:25pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

900,000 strangers already know that I am schizophrenic.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:33pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:25pm:

What - a really bad one who hears voices telling him to kill people?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 4:33pm:

Yeah Bobby that's the right thing to say

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:24pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
Yeah Bobby that's the right thing to say

Spot

Well - I had to ask.
What will people think if they see that on his record?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:20pm

No. Just one that had a chemical imbalance of the brain. And, at worst, has a disposition to occasionally not show proper discretion on message boards.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:37pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:20pm:

No. Just one that had a chemical imbalance of the brain. And, at worst, has a disposition to occasionally not show proper discretion on message boards.

That's OK but you see my point -
you don't want other people to read "schizophrenic"
and then come to all sorts of false conclusions.

What about if a woman has had an abortion?
What if someone has had VD?

Do you really want Mr Lim
at the local pharmacy to read all about it?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #26 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:16pm

I voluntarily tell people that I am schizophrenic. I have no shame admitting it. Sometimes, I use my condition as an explanation for my rare behaviour.

If Mr Lim at the local pharmacy sees that I am schizophrenic, I am sure he would be professional enough not to draw any wild conclusions.

I will give you an example of the schizophrenic delusion I had back in the day. People sometimes mistakenly assume someone to be someone else. Most of the time, we quickly get our facts straight and realise that we were wrong. Whilst I would likely assume that the person I have mistaken is still the other person, until such a point (days, weeks, months later) when I clear, or I have corrected my chemical imbalance of the brain.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #27 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:30am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:37pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:20pm:

That's OK but you see my point -
you don't want other people to read "schizophrenic"
and then come to all sorts of false conclusions.

What about if a woman has had an abortion?
What if someone has had VD?

Do you really want Mr Lim
at the local pharmacy to read all about it?

Yeah i get your point though bobby. Thats what people will think - not good for landing a job. I have to wonder though if the medical "accidents" are included in the files? I hope i can get rid of this thing but they want too much ID.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:45am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:30am:
Yeah i get your point though bobby. That's what people will think - not good for landing a job. I have to wonder though if the medical "accidents" are included in the files? I hope i can get rid of this thing but they want too much ID.
Spot

Not good for finding a job.

Latest news.

6 million Australians currently hold a My Health Record
and don't even know about it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-07-18/my-health-record-opt-out-confusion...

Australians have until October 15, 2018 to tell the Government they do not want a My Health Record — an online summary of their healthcare information.

The project aims to give users greater access to documents about their health and increase communication between doctors.

But some people have tried to opt out due to privacy concerns, only to discover they already have a health record set up.

Almost 6 million Australians currently hold a My Health Record, according to the Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA).
Your questions about My Health Record answered
An illustration with a hand wearing a fitness tracker.

From privacy to cybersecurity.

Wes Mountain in Melbourne said he tried to opt out of My Health Record on Monday, but the system told him he already had a record.

He is certain he never actively created a My Health Record, but when he logged in, he found several documents relating to prescriptions were already uploaded.

When examining the access log, he found the first action taken on his account was a document added by an external provider — DHS Medicare Repository Services — in late June.

The first time he had ever personally accessed the record was on Monday, according to the access log shown to the ABC.

He plans on contacting the ADHA to try and figure out what happened, and see if his record can be deleted.

The ADHA is required to hold My Heath Record information (although it will be largely inaccessible) for 30 years after your death.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #29 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:30am

If the Libtards have anything to do with it you just know it will be a ballsup and your records will end up in insurers hands , I opted out the second I heard about it

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print