Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: I'm baaaacckkkkkkk
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 11:06pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:20pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:36pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:37pm:
Oz is going downhill at a great rate of knots, with 200,000 immigrants per year and allowing religious creeps from known troubled hot spots to enter willy nilly we are doomed, no doubt these type will cause mayhem and inflict their poxy worthless ways upon us.
America has identified these type and the zones they come from and banned them, they stand out like dogs balls and have done for decades, its only political correctness that has stopped anyone from doing anything till now.
God save Australia, god willing.

I believe there is a saying, "god helps those who help themselves." I think it's very apt as god doesn't help anyone, the only help you will get is from your own hands and your two hands working will accomplish more than a million pairs praying.

I am sure you know I said that in jest, just taking a pop shot at religion in general, some are more fanatical than others though, like those that go around beheading in this day and age for example.

You never know around these parts and these topics, there's crazies in every nook and cranny. Some of them think they are less crazy than the other crazies, some think they are actually sane. That's not a boast I would even make.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 11:32pm

Oz is going downhill at a great rate of knots, with 200,000 immigrants per year and allowing religious creeps from known troubled hot spots to enter willy nilly we are doomed, no doubt these type will cause mayhem and inflict their poxy worthless ways upon us.
America has identified these type and the zones they come from and banned them, they stand out like dogs balls and have done for decades, its only political correctness that has stopped anyone from doing anything till now.

I believe there is a saying, "god helps those who help themselves." I think it's very apt as god doesn't help anyone, the only help you will get is from your own hands and your two hands working will accomplish more than a million pairs praying.

I dont know about that set... yes you have to help yourself....but I have had one or two moments that have seriously left me wondering....I am sure if most put their minds to it  they would think the same...

when my husband died..he died within 8 days of being diagnosed  I was in shock for a long time.. he and I both thought he had flu.. how stooopid can you be.....anyway later on I decided to use some of the senses I must have been born with...because I obviously missed something at that time... and I was going to pay attention to those antennas that send us little signals..if we dont think about them we miss them entirely.. its weird but since then  yes I have had a few insightful moments...that makes me know I am not alone....we all need help and a little encouragement....no man is an island  is another saying set.....having a little faith doesnt mean you are weak..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:05am

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 11:06pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:20pm:

I am sure you know I said that in jest, just taking a pop shot at religion in general, some are more fanatical than others though, like those that go around beheading in this day and age for example.

You never know around these parts and these topics, there's crazies in every nook and cranny. Some of them think they are less crazy than the other crazies, some think they are actually sane. That's not a boast I would even make.

Yeah - but some are more sane than others...... just giving an Orwellian slant to this discussion....

I know people in my near family and via marriages who imagine themselves to be utterly sane, and at the top of the tree...... I have my doubts...... and I know my doubts very well.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print