Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Send Topic Print
The Battle for Longman. (Read 30646 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Battle for Longman.
Reply #135 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:18am

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 8:24am:
oh dear I am sorry to see you go down this path Bam....really sorry    the left are well known to use anything and everything to win...but seriously this is dangerous... Angry Angry Angry

here why not get back to the topic..

The image I posted was on topic. Dismissing it as an attack by "the left" is specious handwaving. Sometimes the left will highlight issues that the right would rather keep quiet, and vice versa. Dismissing an incident because it is politically inconvenient must be rejected out of hand.

The only reasonable questions to ask are: (1) Did this happen? (2) Was this person underage?

If you had kids, would you object to someone putting their hand on their naked thigh or knee in that manner? Yes or no?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #136 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:32am

Cods....who said this?

Quote:
I know if he had touched my kid he would need an Ambulance.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:07am

Aussie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:32am:
Cods....who said this?

Quote:

would you like to QUOTE the whole post aussie... as we know your selction is always dubious.....

I think  you will find it was more than a knee touch as someone was turning around to see the person talking behind...

ye god!!!!! I have done it myself....

oh but of course no lefty would ever do such a thing... we understand.. Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #138 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:10am

Bam wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:18am:
oh dear I am sorry to see you go down this path Bam....really sorry    the left are well known to use anything and everything to win...but seriously this is dangerous... Angry Angry Angry

The image I posted was on topic. Dismissing it as an attack by "the left" is specious handwaving. Sometimes the left will highlight issues that the right would rather keep quiet, and vice versa. Dismissing an incident because it is politically inconvenient must be rejected out of hand.

The only reasonable questions to ask are: (1) Did this happen? (2) Was this person underage?

If you had kids, would you object to someone putting their hand on their naked thigh or knee in that manner? Yes or no?

In full view of everyone including the press....I doubt there was anything more to this than an awkward white fella trying to appear to be caring....If there is anything more to this please fell free to post any accusations against the person in question???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:15am

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:10am:
Bam wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:18am:

In full view of everyone including the press....I doubt there was anything more to this than an awkward white fella trying to appear to be caring....If there is anything more to this please fell free to post any accusations against the person in question???

Huh Huh Huh

on ya phil   its a terrible thing to insinuate....people get caught all the time in awkward positions   yet some turn it into a brownie point promo   now aussie is turning something completely different into a gotcha moment.......selectively of course..the person he is referring to  was a taxi driver btw....notice how that bit is missing... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... no it wasnt anything to do with the taxi driver we know of either...

boy I hate people who do that... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #140 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:33am

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:07am:
Aussie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 9:32am:
Cods....who said this?

Quote:

would you like to QUOTE the whole post aussie... as we know your selction is always dubious.....

I think  you will find it was more than a knee touch as someone was turning around to see the person talking behind...

ye god!!!!! I have done it myself....

oh but of course no lefty would ever do such a thing... we understand.. Angry Angry Angry Angry

That is what you said cods.  And yes, the 'he' you were referring to was a taxi driver.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:44am

so where is the full context??.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ahhh it doesnt suit your purpose does it ?

even down to it being in your sig...completely out of context... Angry Angry

sooo o kay  I dont expect anything else from you..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #142 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:49am

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 11:44am:
so where is the full context??.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ahhh it doesnt suit your purpose does it ?

even down to it being in your sig...completely out of context... Angry Angry

sooo o kay  I dont expect anything else from you.. 

I have looked but I can't find the Thread.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 2:10pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Pick your poison, Grendel:

Quote:
The two Medals are for completely different service Worlds, the distinction is intended, and to mix one with the other is either deliberate, dishonest or careless.

No they are both Australian Service Medals you idiot.
It's easy to confuse the names.

Careless?  yes...  simply a mistake. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #144 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 2:13pm

Sure....a mistake, made twice ~ two separate occasions, and over a very long time span.

I don't but it, and I reckon most don't buy it.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #145 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 3:05pm

Wonder how embattled Opposition Leader Bill Shorten is feeling right now?  Polls show that if Anthony Albanese was Leader, Longman  would be a walk in the park

Unfortunately for the clueless Bill Shorten, people associate the Labor Party with him and his image is anything but enticing

Should be interesting this weekend and even more interesting if Labor lose Longman

I can see the beads of sweat on Shorten's long head from here

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 3:11pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 3:05pm:
Wonder how embattled Opposition Leader Bill Shorten is feeling right now?  Polls show that if Anthony Albanese was Leader, Longman  would be a walk in the park

Unfortunately for the clueless Bill Shorten, people associate the Labor Party with him and his image is anything but enticing

Should be interesting this weekend and even more interesting if Labor lose Longman

I can see the beads of sweat on Shorten's long head from here

hes probably hoping and praying the MEDAL issue will go in his favour... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

well he needs all the help he can get I am sure.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:36pm

Lying Bulldust Billy is about to make the only historic moment of his wasted life - be the 1st Opposition to lose a by-election!!!

Mal must be worried at the prospect of losing his election winner Lying Bulldust Billy and having to cope with Albo Sneezy.

Bet NewsPoll gives amazing boosts to Lying BackFlop Billy up to the election just to try to keep him there to push Mal over the winning election time.

Labor to lose upcoming Longman byelection, poll
The New Daily 5:31am, Jul 23, 2018 Updated: 6:53am, Jul 23

The poll indicates Labor would win the Longman and Braddon by-elections if Bill Shorten wasn't party leader. Photo: AAP

The federal opposition is set to lose the Queensland seat of Longman in the upcoming Super Saturday byelections this week, according to a new poll.

Labor leader Bill Shorten party faces a 51-49 per cent loss to the Coalition on July 28, according to a newly released YouGov Galaxy poll.

The news comes as Mr Shorten returns to the Tasmanian seat of Braddon this week, while Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull will wrap up a tour of remote Northern Territory and northwest Queensland, where he is listening to concerns about child safety and a lack of economic opportunity.

Labor appears on track to comfortably hold the seats of Perth and Fremantle in Western Australia, while the Centre Alliance’s Rebekha Sharkie is strongly tipped to retain her South Australian seat of Mayo against a challenge by the Liberals’ Georgina Downer.

The Tasmanian seat of Braddon is deadlocked at 50-50 between the LNP and Labor on two-party preferred votes.

No government has won a seat from the opposition in a century, with byelections showing an average swing of five per cent against the government of the day.

“The reality is we are trying to climb Everest in winning these byelections,” Liberal frontbencher Josh Frydenberg said.

So far almost 30,000 people have cast pre-poll votes across the five seats, with thousands more expected this week.

Adding to Mr Shorten’s woes, the poll, conducted for News Corp, found Labor would have been the frontrunner in both Longman and Braddon if Anthony Albanese was leading the party.

With Mr Albanese at the helm, the poll says Labor’s primary vote could have expected a six-point primary vote boost in Longman and four in Braddon, to 43 and 44 percent respectively.

Mr Shorten told Labor faithful in Longman on Sunday it was not how you start, but how you finish that counts.

He said investing more in health and education, as well as hip-pocket support for pensioners facing higher power bills, were more important priorities than a corporate tax cut for big banks.

Mr Turnbull has aggressively  attacked Mr Shorten on Labor’s company tax policy and has claimed the ALP Labor is “lying” about government cuts to services, and voters would penalise Mr Shorten for his misleading campaign.

-with AAP

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/07/23/labor-lose-longman-byelectio...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:43pm

Mal's got Longman in the bag.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 5:17pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 2:13pm:
Sure....a mistake, made twice ~ two separate occasions, and over a very long time span.

I don't but it, and I reckon most don't buy it.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Honestly is it really worth you waking up in the morning?

If he thought it was called one thing and it wasn't until someone corrects him   guess what
that's right it'll always be what he thought it was called. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

1 time 2 times 100 hundred times. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Send Topic Print