Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Send Topic Print
The Battle for Longman. (Read 30647 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The Battle for Longman.
Reply #105 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:32pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
What was that about lies Grendel?

Quote:
He did not have the medal he claimed to have, which is only for those Military people who have been peeling spuds on overseas
non warlike zone activity.

I have no idea what you are on about.
Not a quote of mine.....

Your point?

I know what I wrote is correct.
I know what you write is biased waffle. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #106 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:34pm

cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 5:56pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
I've been listening to 'Big Trev' today about this matter.  His theme is it was a mistake and that he has never worn the medal.

Exactly, you arsehole, of course, you never wore it, because you never had it.....but you claimed you did, and that was bullshit.

This one is slippery.

Obviously he did have a medal....  tsk, tsk, tsk...  logic not your strong point only ad hom and ridicule it seems.

Yes he did have a medal, a pissy one anyone gets automatically on fours years of even lousily peeling spuds in the Military
within
Australia.  He did not have the medal he claimed to have, which is only for those Military people who have been peeling spuds on
overseas
non warlike zone activity.  Huge difference.

so tell us how many medals do you have?

you seem to look down on those who didnt SERVE o/seas.... Angry Angry

Sooo my point is correct eh.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #107 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:42pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
he doesn't know what he's talking about cods....  if he read all the comments today from serving members and ex personel he'd know not only that both are service medals 1/ for initial 4 years service 2/ for overseas service...  but action in a warzone for the overseas medal is not correct.

Quote:
The Australian Service Medal is an Australian military decoration. It was authorized 13 September 1988 to recognise prescribed service in peacekeeping and non-warlike operations.

Quote:
The Australian Defence Medal is an Australian military decoration which recognises current and former Australian Defence Force personnel who completed an initial enlistment period, or four years' service

What were you saying about not saying one was better or more prestigious than the other Aussie?
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You called his medal a "PISSY ONE"didn't you?
That means less prestigious or a lesser medal doesn't it.
You told me you've never said anything like that yet here you are doing it.
BTW you don't have to spend 4 years overseas to get the defence medal. Roll Eyes
Perhaps you think "PEELING SPUDS" overseas for a couple of months is more prestigious eh?
Why would you consider it a "HUGE DIFFERENCE" ?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #108 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:48pm

This is what you wrote, Grendel:

Quote:
he doesn't know what he's talking about cods....  if he read all the comments today from serving members and ex personel he'd know not only that both are service medals 1/ for initial 4 years service 2/ for overseas service... 
but action in a warzone for the overseas medal is not correct.

I specifically said
NON
war like zone.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #109 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:50pm

Oh dear just how large do you want me to go to repost my point which you are still avoiding?  hmmmm? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #110 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:51pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
he doesn't know what he's talking about cods....  if he read all the comments today from serving members and ex personel he'd know not only that both are service medals 1/ for initial 4 years service 2/ for overseas service...  but action in a warzone for the overseas medal is not correct.

Quote:
The Australian Service Medal is an Australian military decoration. It was authorized 13 September 1988 to recognise prescribed service in peacekeeping and non-warlike operations.

Quote:
The Australian Defence Medal is an Australian military decoration which recognises current and former Australian Defence Force personnel who completed an initial enlistment period, or four years' service

What were you saying about not saying one was better or more prestigious than the other Aussie?
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You called his medal a "PISSY ONE"didn't you?
That means less prestigious or a lesser medal doesn't it.
You told me you've never said anything like that yet here you are doing it.
BTW you don't have to spend 4 years overseas to get the defence medal. Roll Eyes
Perhaps you think "PEELING SPUDS" overseas for a couple of months is more prestigious eh?
Why would you consider it a "HUGE DIFFERENCE" ?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Gawd.

I'll leave you to it, Grenel.  The record is clear and I need say no more.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #112 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:14pm

Trevor Ruthenberg
caught out lying a SECOND time
in medal drama

Jul 19, 2018

Pressure is increasing on the Coalition’s Longman by-election candidate to stand down, after more revelations about his claims of being awarded a military medal.

Labor frontbencher Jim Chalmers today called on Trevor Ruthenberg to quit the race, and if not, for Malcolm Turnbull to have him disendorsed.

Mr Ruthenberg this week apologised for what he called an
“honest mistake"
, after incorrectly listing on his previous Queensland Parliament web site that he had received the more distinguished Australian Service Medal.

The Courier-Mail has revealed he made the
same “honest mistake”
on a second web site.

“He has been
caught out lying, again
” Mr Chalmers said.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/19/11/10/longman-byelection-lnp-trevor...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #113 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Yes, I knew of that Buzz......I was playing spider/fly.  But.....now let's see what the apologists say.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 11:22pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Trevor Ruthenberg
caught out lying a SECOND time
in medal drama

Jul 19, 2018

Pressure is increasing on the Coalition’s Longman by-election candidate to stand down, after more revelations about his claims of being awarded a military medal.

Labor frontbencher Jim Chalmers today called on Trevor Ruthenberg to quit the race, and if not, for Malcolm Turnbull to have him disendorsed.

Mr Ruthenberg this week apologised for what he called an
“honest mistake"
, after incorrectly listing on his previous Queensland Parliament web site that he had received the more distinguished Australian Service Medal.

The Courier-Mail has revealed he made the
same “honest mistake”
on a second web site.

“He has been
caught out lying, again
” Mr Chalmers said.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/19/11/10/longman-byelection-lnp-trevor...

LOL and the simple explanation was that he didn't.

His original error is the same error here...  he simply called the service medal he had by the wrong name.
Apparently its a common error.

Beat up, mountain meet molehill... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Of course Labor is going to try and make this into something it isn't.  Them and Aussie apparently.
How's Clive going Aussie ????? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #115 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:23am

I think people know what medal they got. A clear lie by a dishonest candidate.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #116 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:27am

I don't buy Trevor Ruthenberg pathetic excuse that he accidentally claimed he was awarded the more distinguished Australian Service Medal....When self promoting one's self an honest person does not claim awards they have not received or deserve....The bloke was caught out lying about his resume and expects people to believe it was an honest mistake....The bloke should step down or Turnbull should sack the lying wanker....The people of Longman deserve better than this lying dickhead!!!

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:16am

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:27am:
I don't buy Trevor Ruthenberg pathetic excuse that he accidentally claimed he was awarded the more distinguished Australian Service Medal....When self promoting one's self an honest person does not claim awards they have not received or deserve....The bloke was caught out lying about his resume and expects people to believe it was an honest mistake....The bloke should step down or Turnbull should sack the lying wanker....The people of Longman deserve better than this lying dickhead!!!

Angry Angry Angry

thats ok phil you are in good company aussie doesnt buy it either..

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #118 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:20am

cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:16am:

Angry Angry Angry

I agree....Aussie is not sucked in by bullshit like most people on this site....An honest mistake is not perpetrating a blatant lie....If it was a Labor MP Cods would you give them the benefit of the doubt....Of course you wouldn't???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:32am

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:20am:
cods wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 9:16am:

Angry Angry Angry

I agree....Aussie is not sucked in by bullshit like most people on this site....An honest mistake is not perpetrating a blatant lie....If it was a Labor MP Cods would you give them the benefit of the doubt....Of course you wouldn't???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

very judgemental of you too......aussie also claims his Brother who was in the army agrees he made an honest mistake......this thread is in fact about a MUCH BIGGER LIE phil.....do you think those who lied should be allowed to run again?????

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Send Topic Print