Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
PHON investigated again? (Read 2284 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

PHON investigated again?
Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Today's Courier Mail:

Quote:
One Nation clash: Pauline Hanson rejects Brian Burston’s ‘breach of process’ claim
Staff writer, News Corp Australia Network
July 10, 2018 9:06am
Subscriber only

PAULINE Hanson has accused her former colleague Brian Burston of trying to destroy One Nation after he called for election authorities to investigate an alleged “breach of process” by the party.

Fairfax Media reports Senator Burston — who recently jumped ship to join billionaire Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party — has written to the NSW Electoral Commission to claim One Nation may have breached commission rules to register as a party in NSW ahead of the state’s upcoming election in March.

In the letter, he reportedly claimed the possible breach “may amount to electoral fraud”.

It comes amid speculation Senator Hanson is seeking to enlist former Labor leader Mark Latham as a star candidate for One Nation’s NSW Senate ticket at the next federal election.

The former Labor leader fuelled the rumours yesterday after he voiced a robo-call for One Nation urging voters not to trust Opposition leader Bill Shorten.

In his letter to the electoral commission, Senator Burston reportedly wrote: “It appears to me that the registration of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has relied upon ‘members’ who are not party members.”

“As a member of the Senate, I am obligated to report this alleged breach of process to you, which may amount to electoral fraud.”

The Senator’s letter reportedly included a declaration from his brother, Graham Burston, who claimed that some of the ‘members’ he signed up to allow the party to register were not actually members.

The party needed 750 names to register in NSW.
NSW Senator Brian Burston has joined Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party.

Graham Burston reportedly wrote in his statement that One Nation requested that he sign up as many members as possible “after the party had failed in its first attempt at registration”.

“I collected 13 signed forms dated around the end of December 2017. To my knowledge none of the forms were signed by current members of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Party,” he said.

“No membership fees were collected.”

Senator Hanson has rejected the concerns over NSW registration as “absolute rubbish” and told Fairfax Media Senator Burston was trying to “destroy the party”.

One Nation’s NSW secretary Peter Breen has also dismissed the concerns, telling the publication the party had approved membership fees being waived for individuals who signed up.

Dodgy as they come.

I do hope Latham gets to run for PHON as their lead Senate Candidate in NSW.

Can you imagine for how long that trio of Latham, Hanson and Ashby could last?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: PHON investigated again?
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:46pm

Kevins been a bit quiet defending his Whitney

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:54pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Today's Courier Mail:

Quote:
One Nation clash: Pauline Hanson rejects Brian Burston’s ‘breach of process’ claim
Staff writer, News Corp Australia Network
July 10, 2018 9:06am
Subscriber only

PAULINE Hanson has accused her former colleague Brian Burston of trying to destroy One Nation after he called for election authorities to investigate an alleged “breach of process” by the party.

Fairfax Media reports Senator Burston — who recently jumped ship to join billionaire Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party — has written to the NSW Electoral Commission to claim One Nation may have breached commission rules to register as a party in NSW ahead of the state’s upcoming election in March.

In the letter, he reportedly claimed the possible breach “may amount to electoral fraud”.

It comes amid speculation Senator Hanson is seeking to enlist former Labor leader Mark Latham as a star candidate for One Nation’s NSW Senate ticket at the next federal election.

The former Labor leader fuelled the rumours yesterday after he voiced a robo-call for One Nation urging voters not to trust Opposition leader Bill Shorten.

In his letter to the electoral commission, Senator Burston reportedly wrote: “It appears to me that the registration of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has relied upon ‘members’ who are not party members.”

“As a member of the Senate, I am obligated to report this alleged breach of process to you, which may amount to electoral fraud.”

The Senator’s letter reportedly included a declaration from his brother, Graham Burston, who claimed that some of the ‘members’ he signed up to allow the party to register were not actually members.

The party needed 750 names to register in NSW.
NSW Senator Brian Burston has joined Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party.

Graham Burston reportedly wrote in his statement that One Nation requested that he sign up as many members as possible “after the party had failed in its first attempt at registration”.

“I collected 13 signed forms dated around the end of December 2017. To my knowledge none of the forms were signed by current members of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Party,” he said.

“No membership fees were collected.”

Senator Hanson has rejected the concerns over NSW registration as “absolute rubbish” and told Fairfax Media Senator Burston was trying to “destroy the party”.

One Nation’s NSW secretary Peter Breen has also dismissed the concerns, telling the publication the party had approved membership fees being waived for individuals who signed up.

Dodgy as they come.

I do hope Latham gets to run for PHON as their lead Senate Candidate in NSW.

Can you imagine for how long that trio of Latham, Hanson and Ashby could last?

A marriage made in heaven. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm

Running your PUP party campaign here eh Aussie, not that you are a fan or anything.....  just another bright idea from Clive no doubt trying to get even.  Burston doing his bidding like a good lap dog is he?  Of course he is.

he betrayed Hanson and the Party before so this comes as no surprise...  why she ever made him top of the NSW Senate ticket is irrational/stupid/dumb. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
Running your PUP party campaign here eh Aussie, not that you are a fan or anything.....  just another bright idea from Clive no doubt trying to get even.  Burston doing his bidding like a good lap dog is he?  Of course he is.

he betrayed Hanson and the Party before so this comes as no surprise...  why she ever made him top of the NSW Senate ticket is irrational/stupid/dumb. Roll Eyes

And Latham?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:43pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:36pm:

And Latham?

Latham has seen the light...  didn't you know.
Love him to tell the truth on air about Labor's dirty tactics against PHON and originally against Hanson.

meanwhile let me repost eh.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:44pm

One more time on topic...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:30pm

Almost everyone who has dealt with Pauline Hanson have nothing nice to say about the woman....The dodgy dealings in One Nation are starting to  stack up???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/20/pauline-hansons-one-natio...

edit....
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/ex-one-nation-senator-blames-crossbench-...
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:20pm by philperth2010 »  

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:04am

Grendel wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:43pm:
Love him to tell the truth on air about Labor's dirty tactics against PHON and originally against Hanson.

Biased again, Grendel? Why do you side with these right-wing nutjobs anyway?

Latham's doing Hanson no favours. Every time he gets himself into the news, the clip of his infamous handshake with Howard gets a run. He's not someone that is likely to sway the swinging voters. These voters resoundingly rejected him in 2004 and they're not likely to listen to him this time.

Hanson must be getting desperate to resort to Latham. One Nation support is falling; the most recent Newpoll and Essential poll both put it at 6% nationally. If Hanson wants to boost support, she should clean up her governance, stop running the party like a dictatorship, start keeping her promises rather than betraying her battler voters and keep well away from nutjob has-beens like Latham.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:58pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:30pm:
Almost everyone who has dealt with Pauline Hanson have nothing nice to say about the woman....The dodgy dealings in One Nation are starting to  stack up???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/20/pauline-hansons-one-natio...

Like you'd know Phil....  do you know how many fans she still has Australia wide?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:18pm

Bam wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:04am:

Latham's doing Hanson no favours. Every time he gets himself into the news, the clip of his infamous handshake with Howard gets a run. He's not someone that is likely to sway the swinging voters. These voters resoundingly rejected him in 2004 and they're not likely to listen to him this time.

Hanson must be getting desperate to resort to Latham. One Nation support is falling; the most recent Newpoll and Essential poll both put it at 6% nationally. If Hanson wants to boost support, she should clean up her governance, stop running the party like a dictatorship, start keeping her promises rather than betraying her battler voters and keep well away from nutjob has-beens like Latham.

What was your point? Calling me biased when I'm not....
You most certainly have become though, sad but true.
Why do you call Latham RW?  he just has a more Conservative bent these days, the ALP did once have many Conservatives till most were silenced or purged from the party that Gillard renamed the Progressive Party, in order to shore up the vote from those members with Green tendencies.
Am I going too fast for you?
Ever heard the saying... "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain."  There are variations...  my choice of words simply thrown the light on Mark's development.  Once he was a hater of things he now chooses to accept.  Do you disagree?
Doesn't make me biased to the Right or Left now does it...  just a statement of fact.
I am a LW Conservative... hard to be biased only one way with that...  look at my political compass result it is always the same in fact almost always identically so.  Been that way all my adult life.

I don't side with nut-jobs...  you however have the Prog tendency to not tolerate dissent then choose to ridicule same.  I'd much rather be me thanks.

I suggest Latham approached Hanson, and she and others thought due to Shorten and Labor's most recent attack on her and the Party that turn about was fair play.  Good for her.  Labor threw the first mud and have been tossing it ever since even when she supported them or ran with traditional Labor policy.  Which you don't even have the good will to acknowledge.

Who are the nut-jobs?  Rough edges and inarticulateness...does not make one a nut-job, or dishonest or uneducated.  Such shallow thinking is reserved for holier than thou posters and journalists.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:31pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:18pm:

What a ludicrous post.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If you're not biased, why do you spend so much more time complaining about Labor than you do about the Liberals? Why are you always so quick to defend One Nation even when their misconduct is obvious?

Stop being a troll and grow up, eh.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:43pm

Bam wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:31pm:

What a ludicrous post.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If you're not biased, why do you spend so much more time complaining about Labor than you do about the Liberals? Why are you always so quick to defend One Nation even when their misconduct is obvious?

Stop being a troll and grow up, eh.

if you cant address my post...  don't waste my time Bammy.

You obviously don't see every post I make.
If you LW Progs would stop lying perhaps I wouldn't have to waste so much time and so many posts correcting your lies eh. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:44pm

Bam wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:04am:

You most certainly have become though, sad but true.
Why do you call Latham RW?  he just has a more Conservative bent these days, the ALP did once have many Conservatives till most were silenced or purged from the party that Gillard renamed the Progressive Party, in order to shore up the vote from those members with Green tendencies.
Am I going too fast for you?
Ever heard the saying... "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain."  There are variations...  my choice of words simply thrown the light on Mark's development.  Once he was a hater of things he now chooses to accept.  Do you disagree?
Doesn't make me biased to the Right or Left now does it...  just a statement of fact.
I am a LW Conservative... hard to be biased only one way with that...  look at my political compass result it is always the same in fact almost always identically so.  Been that way all my adult life.

I don't side with nut-jobs...  you however have the Prog tendency to not tolerate dissent then choose to ridicule same.  I'd much rather be me thanks.

I suggest Latham approached Hanson, and she and others thought due to Shorten and Labor's most recent attack on her and the Party that turn about was fair play.  Good for her.  Labor threw the first mud and have been tossing it ever since even when she supported them or ran with traditional Labor policy.  Which you don't even have the good will to acknowledge.

Who are the nut-jobs?  Rough edges and inarticulateness...does not make one a nut-job, or dishonest or uneducated.  Such shallow thinking is reserved for holier than thou posters and journalists.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:50am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print