Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Correct version of Australia’s history (Read 27408 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Correct version of Australia’s history
Reply #75 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:35pm

I equate this to historical revisions painting the Nazis in a positive light because of their technological developments. Should one's feelings dictate the way we view history?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:38pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:30pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
Quote:
This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself

And you accuse Pascoe of embellishing.

Do you equate complexity with superiority?

It's a reasonable yardstick.

I actually think all this revisionist crap by handwringing lefties trying to elevate Aboriginal culture to mystical levels is actually more racist than accurately characterising what their society was actually like.

Just accept what they were and the reasons they never evolved a complex society or technology because of isolation.

Humans mingling with other groups and sharing ideas is what drove progress (and still does) and Aboriginals mostly lacked that and any group of humans isolated for so long would probably have similar results.

I have no problem saying their culture was the least advanced of any humans while accepting they're still people worthy of their hopes and dreams being fulfilled.

Well said.  Smiley

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:28pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Quote:
This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself

That's usually how things work out. Not even the aborigines are volunteering to live like their ancestors.

So, is the White Man superior to the Indigenous Man, genetically?

I understand we have a higher tolerance for alcohol.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #78 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm

freediver wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
Quote:

That's usually how things work out. Not even the aborigines are volunteering to live like their ancestors.

Is this your attempt to evade answers to questions, so that I can't quote you as being a racist?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #79 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:43pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Quote:

Is this your attempt to evade answers to questions, so that I can't quote you as being a racist?

No.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #80 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:46pm

Quote:

No, but there are probably still physical difficulties they need to overcome.

Aboriginals have been doing things the same way for an awfully long time and it will take a while for them to adapt to modernity. They've been using their brains the same way for 50k years with no maths, no written language.

Whitey has only been here for bout 250 years yet many Aboriginals are only in their first or second generation of literacy.

It's going to take a while.

IBI

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #81 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Quote:

No.

So, answer the question: yes or no?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:58pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:25am:
Jasin wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:57pm:
The early Penal Settlement was going to fail.
The men couldn't cut the trees, they couldn't feed themselves.
They were 'aliens' in an alien world and they were slowly dying.
If it wasn't for the Aboriginals who helped them, fed them, watered them, helped them make fires - the 'colony' would have perished before the next shipment of...

...people smuggling.

Aborigines did nothing of anything that can be construed as helpful. In fact, during the starvation period of the first fleeters, aborigines would simply walk into the camp and just steal the goods that were in storage. The settlers were too weak to do anything about it.

Even when governor Phillip wanted to dialogue with aborigines, they ran off or did not want anything to do with the new arrivals.

What a croc of Imperialistic White PROPAGANDA

...just like Blaxland, Wentworth & Lawson: Glorious White dudes who 'struggled' to find the way across the Great Dividing Land as the 'history' books said.
While Aboriginals had numerous 'paths' across and one just for the hapless whities to follow.  Roll Eyes

One only has to look at the MEDIA and its USA infused CORRUPTION of other nation's histories and cultures.
It's this same 'Bull-crapola' that infested Australian colonialism as propaganda.

Come to Australia, get Aboriginals to help them, then stab them in the back.
Good example of the 'white backstab' happened to a Victorian Tribe who 'lived up to' the White Standards, but were still backstabbed.

Even today - 'Western' Anglo Australians can't cut the mustard here: all Gay, nil breeding capacity and the Political system can only 'afford' to be in power here if the women are working for the economy and not population growth. Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:09pm

I don't think you are truly addressing the arguments in the OP, Jas. The English came to Australia to take ownership and advantage of her land and resources. The natives, a tough and resilient group of people,  were swept aside. That's well established. What is up for debate is contentions by left-wing historians that we've all besn lied to about how advanced and 'civilised' the aborigines were. There just isn't the evidence to support these claims.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:22pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #84 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:28am:
Auggie wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
I think there's a bit of embellishing here. The indigenous peoples were not a complex civilisation. They didn't have writing; they didn't have large urban settlements; no surplus of agriculture; and they didn't have the capital and coercive institutions we see in other civilisations.

This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself: no empire has ever lasted even a fraction of that time. They indigenous peoples also left the environment untouched and pristine.

If we recognise the uniqueness of indigenous culture, rather than trying to retell history in order to satisfy the progressives, then we can fully more appreciate indigenous culture for what it is.

You don't think that maybe it had something to do with the shear size and remoteness of this land that allowed them to live for donkeys without farming.
They'd burn thousands of hectares of land... then move on. They were lazy back then and they still are.
If they had any threats like vikings etc they would have been wiped out....lucky some pommies landed here and developed a liking for them and eventually allowed them to remain uncivilised as they can so freely be today, if they wish.

Actually, Auggie is kinda right.

Aboriginal culture was not complex in regards to
1. Military
2. constructing Temples, Buildings, Military Fortifications
3. Religion via Mythologies
4. Dependent on River systems for Agriculture
5. WAR for Power.
etc, etc

But their culture was the best ever example of attaining 'Oneness' with the Environment.
I have no doubt that the 10,000 year drought scuttled the Aboriginal culture that left us with a 'shadow' of its former glory previously, when the World came to visit.

Aboriginals turned Australia into one of the most manicured 'Real Estates' on the planet. Australia itself was one big NATURAL farm of productivity and harvest.
Vast 'Parklands' (quoted by early Explorers) where Roos/Emus abounded, of vast forests with pathways galore.
The WHOLE continent was basically an eco-system ...a 'Garden'.

Then the retarded white people came with their 'superior civilisation' entirely in servitude to the 'citi-Zens' of Asia.  Roll Eyes Took them over 200 years to improve their Farming methods ...by which time they had chopped down 80% of Australia's Forestry (which makes 'rain')  Roll Eyes to achieve it. ===retards

It's quite obvious that when it comes to 'natural' Farming - the Blacks are far superior. Even now when it comes to 'commercial' Farming the Blacks look like over-taking the Whites on that level too. Check out all the 'black' Farmers out there in the 'sun' where the Whities burn.
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:13pm

One myth I am sick of hearing is that Aboriginals lived in harmony with nature.

Total nonsense, they wiped out species, changed the vegetation and introduced a feral species.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:24pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:28am:
Auggie wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
I think there's a bit of embellishing here. The indigenous peoples were not a complex civilisation. They didn't have writing; they didn't have large urban settlements; no surplus of agriculture; and they didn't have the capital and coercive institutions we see in other civilisations.

This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself: no empire has ever lasted even a fraction of that time. They indigenous peoples also left the environment untouched and pristine.

If we recognise the uniqueness of indigenous culture, rather than trying to retell history in order to satisfy the progressives, then we can fully more appreciate indigenous culture for what it is.

You don't think that maybe it had something to do with the shear size and remoteness of this land that allowed them to live for donkeys without farming.
They'd burn thousands of hectares of land... then move on. They were lazy back then and they still are.
If they had any threats like vikings etc they would have been wiped out....lucky some pommies landed here and developed a liking for them and eventually allowed them to remain uncivilised as they can so freely be today, if they wish.

Actually, Auggie is kinda right.

Aboriginal culture was not complex in regards to
1. Military
2. constructing Temples, Buildings, Military Fortifications
3. Religion via Mythologies
4. Dependent on River systems for Agriculture
5. WAR for Power.
etc, etc

But their culture was the best ever example of attaining 'Oneness' with the Environment.
I have no doubt that the 10,000 year drought scuttled the Aboriginal culture that left us with a 'shadow' of its former glory previously, when the World came to visit.

Aboriginals turned Australia into one of the most manicured 'Real Estates' on the planet. Australia itself was one big NATURAL farm of productivity and harvest.
Vast 'Parklands' (quoted by early Explorers) where Roos/Emus abounded, of vast forests with pathways galore.
The WHOLE continent was basically an eco-system ...a 'Garden'.

Then the retarded white people came with their 'superior civilisation' entirely in servitude to the 'citi-Zens' of Asia.  Roll Eyes Took them over 200 years to improve their Farming methods ...by which time they had chopped down 80% of Australia's Forestry (which makes 'rain')  Roll Eyes to achieve it. ===retards

It's quite obvious that when it comes to 'natural' Farming - the Blacks are far superior. Even now when it comes to 'commercial' Farming the Blacks look like over-taking the Whites on that level too. Check out all the 'black' Farmers out there in the 'sun' where the Whities burn.
Grin

Except for massive levels of starvation and malnutrition in Africa and the sub-continent, of course.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:53pm

New 
    V    
Old

Nth America     V       Asia
Sahul (Aust)     V       Africa
Sth America      V       Europe
Oceania            V       Middle-East

...get your tickets now!

*Note:

It's really Oceania on the side of Africa, Asia & Europe.
While the Middle-East supports the New Worlds.

...hence why the Oceanian 'MEDIA' just can't deal with Australia, USA anymore  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #88 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:55pm

Everything conspired in the USA & Australia has been the MEDIA culture and its 'corruption' of these countries.

But now, they are being turfed out to Oceania where they belong.
There - they can spruik their African, European, Asian bias to their hearts content.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:58pm

I think you need a break Auggie... the "R" word seems to be a preoccupation with you lately...  you keep trying to pin it on people.  Tsk, tsk, tsk....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Send Topic Print