Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print
Correct version of Australia’s history (Read 27405 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Correct version of Australia’s history
Reply #465 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm

freediver wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:45pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:51pm:
Quote:
Can you describe these abattoirs?

Yeas I can. 

A bunch of Abos waiting for their prey where they know they will arrive because they lit a fire to herd their prey to them.....and then...with spears and voila......death to the prey.  Abattoir.

Are you making this up Aussie, or did someone else make it up?

Quote:
It seems that some believe that 'herding' was beyond the Abos, when very clearly, it was not.

What animals did they herd Aussie?

I think he's making it up. I meant to get back to it at some point when I read it but got off track. There is no way in the world you can drive roos to one particular spot with fire when you are a small group of hunter/gatherers. That is not how they used fire.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #466 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:18pm

Good grief.
FARMing requires by its very nature A FARM.
We've been over this.

No FARM....  NO FARMING.

Creating a bushfire to scare animals and kill them as they escape is HUNTING not FARMING.

As for burning  creating miraculous regrowth that attracts animals for hunting...

Quote:
Codding says the new study looked at kangaroo populations in all five stages of post-fire spinifex grass vegetation, as described by the Martu.

The first is Nyurnma, or bare ground; second is Waru-Waru, or early regrowth starting six months to a year post-fire; and third is Nyukura, the middle stage that begins one to five years after fire and features fruits such as bush tomato and bush raisin eaten by the Martu and hill kangaroos. The two final stages occur five to 15 years after fire: Manguu, when spinifex grass forms hummocks and re-establishes dominance, and Kunarka, dominated by old spinifex grass hummocks decaying at the center.

Of course the Hunter/Gatherers as the vast majority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander were had to adapt to various environmental conditions over the Australian land mass.  Some tribes were Nomadic, some hunted marsupials, some lived off aquatic marine life, all gathered from the local environment.

There is no evidence any owned a farm or kibbutz of any kind. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #467 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:47pm

Quote:

Yeas I can. 

A bunch of Abos waiting for their prey where they know they will arrive because they lit a fire to herd their prey to them.....and then...with spears and voila......death to the prey.  Abattoir.

Quote:
It seems that some believe that 'herding' was beyond the Abos, when very clearly, it was not.

Yeah I'm going with stampeding

Herding is the act of bringing individual animals together into a group (herd), maintaining the group, and moving the group from place to place

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #468 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:57pm

Jesus God.... I prefer my allegory (that's agellory for youse uneddicateds) of burning the land to push 'game' into a killing ground as being the same as raping a stretch of farm and grazing land to procure a resource such as gas or ore or whatever...

Rape the land of its resources and  that's all fine if you're a Kaffir - but if Whartey does it it's a crime against the Lend....

I oppose the rape of land for resource gathering in many instances...... but let's be fair - burning large tracts of native bush to 'herd' animals for slaughter is just as Far Ken bad...

Did the Kaffirs learn 'burn and herd' when they were stockmen?  Surely Whartey is to blame for that too...

mine_001.jpg (56 KB | 7 )
mine_001.jpg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #469 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:24pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm:
Quote:

Yeas I can. 

Quote:

I think he's making it up. I meant to get back to it at some point when I read it but got off track. There is no way in the world you can drive roos to one particular spot with fire when you are a small group of hunter/gatherers. That is not how they used fire.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Does this sound like the sort of thing Aussie could make up?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #470 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:30pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:57pm:
Jesus God.... I prefer my allegory (that's agellory for youse uneddicateds) of burning the land to push 'game' into a killing ground as being the same as raping a stretch of farm and grazing land to procure a resource such as gas or ore or whatever...

Rape the land of its resources and  that's all fine if you're a Kaffir - but if Whartey does it it's a crime against the Lend....

I oppose the rape of land for resource gathering in many instances...... but let's be fair - burning large tracts of native bush to 'herd' animals for slaughter is just as Far Ken bad...

Did the Kaffirs learn 'burn and herd' when they were stockmen?  Surely Whartey is to blame for that too...

Is that a pic of coal farming?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #471 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:41am

Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:57pm:

Is that a pic of coal farming?

It is indeed.....

SS-DD...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #472 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:52am

I have no personal problem with Kaffirs - but I do have a problem with total loss of reality

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #473 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:30am

Agnes wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
and this is the reason i dont get involved in these topics- the thread bullies who gang up with a one eyed agenda- so now you can say i am wrong i dont care - your ignorance wont change facts- your ignorance speaks for you- not me

You didn't present one fact .... just a lot of theories.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #474 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:36am

Agnes wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:11am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 5:56pm:
Agnes wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:06am:
i'm talking methods if agriculture- not farming-but none of you seem to comprehend that- indigenous agriculture was superior to "farming" in many ways- i am wasting my time talking to half wits-dwmt- teaching aborigines at wave hill- wtf- they are masters of the envirinment- insulting and absurd- bugger off

You are deluded.

I am deluded huh - you never did get over the fact I once said you are Aussie did you? I doubt you have ever read a book aussie-

http://quotez.co/wp-content/uploads/media/never-argue-with-stupid-people.jpg

Grin That proves you have issues. There wasn't anything to get over ..... I'm not Aussie ... and you calling me Aussie again doesn't make it so.

You have a Aussie fixation wherein you see that anyone that opposes your opinion is an Aussie sock.

How about you stick to the OP that you say you haven't deflected from?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #475 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:44am

Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:13pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:07pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Effendi.....if I burn some land where there is flammable fuel to make the animal habitants come to where I lurk to kill them, what is the technical term for that...in English?

Setting up an ambush? Hunter/gatherers have done this in many places. The animals are wild, luring them to where they are easier to kill is not farming. Is throwing a bit of burly in the water to lure fish, aquaculture?

Gee, I wonder how these inventors of a mere stick learned how to make a fire ~ and learned that was a way to herd their prey?  I guess they were just unlucky.  No helicopters.

They weren't the only peoples to learn how to make "fire".
Many other hunter gatherers used fire.

And their use of fire was not "controlled" as is suggested here.

With all the modern equipment available now fires cannot always be controlled .... can they?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #476 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:47am

Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:25pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:23pm:
It's called hunting Aussie.

Yes.....by herding.

No by luring/attracting with bait or ambush.

It's hunting.

They were hunter gatherer people .... nothing more.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #477 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:50am

Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:42pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:36pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:34pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:27pm:
Did the Australian Aborigines herd animals Aussie?

Seems so, despite what you compulsive deprecators want to argue.  They learned how to make fire, and then learned how to use that fire to herd their prey to the abattoirs.

And they invented a stick, and survived for thousands of years....likely longer than your ancestral culture did.

I'm a farmer then. I've herded prawns at the beach with a net. Although I would consider that hunting/gathering. I have no idea why them being hunter/gatherers is supposed to be offensive.

No you have not.  You merely bunged a net in where you knew they would possibly be.

Grin it's the same premise that you're suggesting makes Aboriginals farmers or agriculturalists

instead of what they were - hunter gatherers.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #478 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:53am

Quote:

Yeas I can. 

If you could draw any longer bow Aussie you'd be an Olympic Archer .... maybe even give Robin of Loxley a run for his money & win Maid Marions hand?

Your suggestion is as much fantasy as the latter.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #479 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:55am

Aussie wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:59pm:
The distinction is....you were guessing where the prawns were.  You were simply having a 'Hail Mary' and hope.

These blokes knew where their prey was and deliberately herded them, with fire they created, to the abattoir.

Why not just concede that is exactly what they did?

Aussie you can see prawns working in shallow water. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print