Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Correct version of Australia’s history (Read 27393 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Correct version of Australia’s history
Reply #45 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:36am

Setanta wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:28pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
Quote:
This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself

And you accuse Pascoe of embellishing.

So, when will mothra and JS be unbanned or at least you summon up the manhood to tell them the reason for the ban?

Oh, piss off.

Moderators, address this language immediately.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:39am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:08am:
Setanta wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Quote:
This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself

So, when will mothra and JS be unbanned or at least you summon up the manhood to tell them the reason for the ban?

Oh, piss off.

You are FD, are you?

I intend to keep on asking.

And you'll continue to be irrelevant and counter productive. Go you!

FD has been asked, politely by various people, via PM and publicly when the ban will be over or asked to give a reason for the bans.

Hammer got away with a pedo reference that would have got me a 3 month suspension, as we knew he would.

Banning people indefinitely without a reason is smacking rude! You butting into a conversation and telling me to piss off is also smacking rude.

What did FD invent?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #47 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:46am

Quote:

Oh, piss off.

You are FD, are you?

FD has been asked, politely by various people, via PM and publicly when the ban will be over or asked to give a reason for the bans.

Hammer got away with a pedo reference that would have got me a 3 month suspension, as we knew he would.

Banning people indefinitely without a reason is smacking rude! You butting into a conversation and telling me to piss off is also smacking rude.

Perhaps you should take it to PM rather than a public forum where all are welcome to comment.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:47am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:36am:
Quote:

Oh, piss off.

Moderators, address this language immediately.

OK, suitabley addressed. I'll ban my wayward self until the morning. Good night.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:28am

Auggie wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
I think there's a bit of embellishing here. The indigenous peoples were not a complex civilisation. They didn't have writing; they didn't have large urban settlements; no surplus of agriculture; and they didn't have the capital and coercive institutions we see in other civilisations.

This does not mean however that they were backward. The indigenous peoples were able to live in the same way for more than 40 thousand years continuously. This is an achievement itself: no empire has ever lasted even a fraction of that time. They indigenous peoples also left the environment untouched and pristine.

If we recognise the uniqueness of indigenous culture, rather than trying to retell history in order to satisfy the progressives, then we can fully more appreciate indigenous culture for what it is.

You don't think that maybe it had something to do with the shear size and remoteness of this land that allowed them to live for donkeys without farming.
They'd burn thousands of hectares of land... then move on. They were lazy back then and they still are.
If they had any threats like vikings etc they would have been wiped out....lucky some pommies landed here and developed a liking for them and eventually allowed them to remain uncivilised as they can so freely be today, if they wish.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:35am

Setanta wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:46am:
Quote:

Oh, piss off.

You are FD, are you?

Perhaps you should take it to PM rather than a public forum where all are welcome to comment.

Several people have asked FD by PM, I have PMd him more than once on the subject. Never get the courtesy of a reply let alone reason for the bans or a time limit of the bans.

I have also asked FD to spend a little bit of time looking after his Forum, appoint some MRB Mods, get rid of Mods that are useless like Booby. Jasin would like to Mod travel, Spot would like to Mod Books, why doesn’t FD spend two seconds appointing them?

Why does he not give you some Admin privileges so you can appoint/remove MRB Mods?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:39am

Monk can't even stick to his own subject....  Grin

you have to wonder if it was just another Troll Thread to start up pissing and moaning about the Moderators again...

what a loser... 

get over yourself you self important twat... Roll Eyes

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:46am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:24pm:
Quote:
HOW BRUCE DISCOVERED THIS

Mr Pascoe said he had grown up with stories of massacres, separation of families and institutional racism, but he had not heard about the wonders of Aboriginal agriculture until late on in his life.

He said it “fell into its path” as he searched for the story of his own family history when he met elders of his own Aboriginal family.

“When I spoke to them, I was taken to task because of my own misunderstanding of history and the stuff I had learned at school,” he said.

“Once I realised that my reading of history was appalling, I then had to refurbish my own brain and once I did that and started reading a few explorers’ journals, I began to realise that an unbelievably different story to be told about the country and I couldn’t believe how stupid I had been.”

Mr Pascoe said there was a bit of backlash against his ideas from certain historians when he first started writing about his theories in 2013, but since then, he said the majority of people he has spoken to, especially young people, have been enthusiastic about his arguments.

Now he wants Australians to look at the settlers’ journals and decide which version of history they believe.

“Teachers are just teaching what they learnt in school, so we need to expand resources so they and the children can access the journals,” he said. “Then, they can make their own mind up about what our history was really like.”

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/indigenous-historian-bruce-pascoe...

I posted this here as requested by mothra. When will the unjustified ban on mothra and JS be lifted?? FD?

Still being the lap dog ey?

It's been done to death ... one man Bruce Pascoe is re-writing history to make him feel better about his origins.

I suppose then there shouldn't be any criticisms of the 30 plus year research & theories by Grahame Walsh regarding the Bradshaw Rock Art in the Kimberley that has been poohooed by anthropologists because he suggested it was made by other than ancestors of modern day australian aboriginals?

Bruce Pascoes fanciful story of intensive farming /agriculture, irrigation, intricate village housing & populations of/by Aboriginals pre-colonisation is a nonsense.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:54pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
There's evidence they had a space agency abiut 10000 years before white colonisation and had actually developed faster than light space travel. They found exploring the universe rather boring and gave it all up for sticks and goon.

Don't forget the time travel machine... it's in a secret cave under Ayers Rock which is why they want to close it off to Whartey...

Are there any actual documents on show here or is this just a fine piece of editorial?  You can talk about wonderful Aboriginal culture including the telescope, time travel, space travel, and massive infrastructure - but where are the documents that support this?

Don't forget their Universities.  Roll Eyes Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:56am

Jasin wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:39pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:35pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
Genetics is more easily displaced, thrown around, spread and isolated. It's really nothing (and never was) to rely upon to describe 'Culture' - especially when BEING ROMAN, was not based upon 'genetic' appearance or RACE.

Being Roman - was a 'cultural' thing and so to was being Celtic (Western), Latin (Southern), Scandinavian (Northern) and Slavic (Eastern).

Even now - the Karelian peoples of Russia still 'culturally' consider themselves 'Scandinavian' due to the 'early' Rouse past.

So here's this little 'ramshackle' 'Western' (Political/Celtic) culture in EORA country down here in the SAHULIAN region of the world...

...but hey, we all know 'Westerners' have NO IDEA about this part of the world and thus can only 'compute' the idea that they are living in SOUTH ASIA (Austral-asia)  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Westerners/Politicals - are absolute RETARDS in this part of the world.  Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So what the smack are you on about then? Only a few posts back you were all different. Rather than think of others as retards perhaps you should look at who is feeding you this shi'ite.

Just remember. If it wasn't for the Aboriginals (your 'fellow' Australians) - you all wouldn't be here!
Wink

Grin Grin take another one of whatever you're taking you're getting a roll on now.  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:59am

Jasin wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:57pm:
The early Penal Settlement was going to fail.
The men couldn't cut the trees, they couldn't feed themselves.
They were 'aliens' in an alien world and they were slowly dying.
If it wasn't for the Aboriginals who helped them, fed them, watered them, helped them make fires - the 'colony' would have perished before the next shipment of...

...people smuggling.

Grin You dill .... you're out doing yourself now.

What were Aboriginals cutting down hardwood trees with?

Stone axes?

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:27am

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Haha.
Abos with houses and farms and cooking and parks and dams and wells and....BULLCRAP! They were to thick to have a wheel....which would have been required before any of the other claims....  Grin
Haha....
If throwing a roo on a fire complete with fur and guts etc is classed as baking......then yes, they can bake.

The Mayans come to mind as an advanced ancient civilisation that didn't conceive the idea of using the wheel for transportation. All the things you described wouldn't have needed the wheel.

It wouldn't surprise me if the claims of this author are partially true, but I believe that some claims may be exaggerated. The First Fleet arrived on the 18th of January, 1788, in Botany Bay. They left soon afterwards for Sydney Cove because the conditions differed from James Cook's description at the time and were deemed unsuitable for a settlement.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #57 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:27am

They had no nwed for a written language and mathematics because they never advanced further than being hunter gatherers.

IBI

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #58 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:34am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:37pm:
yes... and lets not forget the tooth fairy..  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In a nutshell. Well said old boy.

The beauty of oral history, you can just keep making it up, because it is all bulshite anyway.

The massive intellects that never noticed that logs roll.
They did invent rocks, and sticks though.

Hey cuz, hook up the wombat, we got some ploughin' ta do. Cheesy

I can understand aboriginals wishing this crap were true, but the snowflakes should get it through their heads,
JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE REALITY, DOES NOT MAKE IT NOT REALITY.
Just like trans activists declaring there is no such thing as MALE and FEMALE, because to deny reality suits their insanity.
Respecting them does not help, them, or anybody else.
It is time they were just told to stop pissing about and wake up to themselves.
You can have your own opinions, but you CANNOT have your own FACTS.
Fekin loons. Fair dinkum they are poppin' up like mushrooms on a damp day.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #59 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:48pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:24pm:
Quote:
HOW BRUCE DISCOVERED THIS

Mr Pascoe said he had grown up with stories of massacres, separation of families and institutional racism, but he had not heard about the wonders of Aboriginal agriculture until late on in his life.

He said it “fell into its path” as he searched for the story of his own family history when he met elders of his own Aboriginal family.

“When I spoke to them, I was taken to task because of my own misunderstanding of history and the stuff I had learned at school,” he said.

“Once I realised that my reading of history was appalling, I then had to refurbish my own brain and once I did that and started reading a few explorers’ journals, I began to realise that an unbelievably different story to be told about the country and I couldn’t believe how stupid I had been.”

Mr Pascoe said there was a bit of backlash against his ideas from certain historians when he first started writing about his theories in 2013, but since then, he said the majority of people he has spoken to, especially young people, have been enthusiastic about his arguments.

Now he wants Australians to look at the settlers’ journals and decide which version of history they believe.

“Teachers are just teaching what they learnt in school, so we need to expand resources so they and the children can access the journals,” he said. “Then, they can make their own mind up about what our history was really like.”

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/indigenous-historian-bruce-pascoe...

I posted this here as requested by mothra. When will the unjustified ban on mothra and JS be lifted?? FD?

Mothra is an idiot: you aren't the fascist overlord of the world brutha!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34
Send Topic Print