Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Correct version of Australia’s history (Read 27411 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Correct version of Australia’s history
Reply #180 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:49pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:59pm:
People like you piss on Australian white history when the pioneers  died like flies carving out of a life for themselves. It was a fight for survival and pure nature. Don't bring some 21st century leftist morality into the realities of existence. It's just dividing our country up. People feel enough guilt as it is. We don't need it.

You have evidence to back this assertion, Hammer?  Or are you merely hitting out because you don't like the message?   I have never "pissed on" any history based on factual evidence.   White Colonists were ill equipped to survive in the Australian Bush - that is a fact.   Indigenous Australians often helped them to survive.  They showed them where water was, what bush foods to eat, how to marshal their stock, how to look after themselves.   You appear to have problems with accepting that truth.  Why?  Does it hurt?   Roll Eyes

Please explain that one?

Without Black stockmen there wouldn't be a white stock industry.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
People like you piss on Australian white history when the pioneers  died like flies carving out of a life for themselves. It was a fight for survival and pure nature. Don't bring some 21st century leftist morality into the realities of existence. It's just dividing our country up. People feel enough guilt as it is. We don't need it.

You have evidence to back this assertion, Hammer?  Or are you merely hitting out because you don't like the message?   I have never "pissed on" any history based on factual evidence.   White Colonists were ill equipped to survive in the Australian Bush - that is a fact.   Indigenous Australians often helped them to survive.  They showed them where water was, what bush foods to eat, how to marshal their stock, how to look after themselves.   You appear to have problems with accepting that truth.  Why?  Does it hurt?   Roll Eyes

Please explain that one?

Australians run stock all over the country Brian. So every district was assisted by aborigines? Why didn't aborigines learn to make metal from visiting asian peoples?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #182 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:58pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:47pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:40pm:
[quote author=freediver link=1531131702/173#173 date=1531708369

Brian can you tell us what Pascoe means when he talks about sheds and houses?

Can you explain why burning grass to help hunt roos is a form of farming?

One drawing by a settler showed some small dwellings made of assembled bits of stick and log and root timber... the second little piggy.... looked just big enough to get in and sleep in.... hardly a shed or house.....

I also read a line that said that somewhere in WA some 'settler' came upon a section of yams growing - acres of them - didn't say they were planted and cultivated .. just that there were plenty there.... and not a native in sight from that record....

Big leap to saying there was house building and cultivation on a large scale...

Subtropical vine grown yams are not native to Australia.

So what ever was growing in WA it was some other native edible tuber or such. [/quote]

Sweet Potatoes are native to Australia.  They are commonly called a "yam".

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #183 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:01pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:53pm:

Please explain that one?

Australians run stock all over the country Brian. So every district was assisted by aborigines? Why didn't aborigines learn to make metal from visiting asian peoples?

Oh, dear, you really are being very tiresome, Hammer.  You take a simple statement and try and blow it into some general insult.  Australia is a large continent.  In the Top End and the NW, Indigenous Australians were instrumental in the creation of the stock industry.   In northern South Australia they were also important.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:16pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #184 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:01pm:

Please explain that one?

Oh, dear, you really are being very tiresome, Hammer.  You take a simple statement and try and blow it into some general.  Australia is a large continent.  In the Top End and the NW, Indigenous Australians were instrumental in the creation of the stock industry.   In northern South Australia they were also important.   Roll Eyes

They were employed by whitemen until they "reliably" went on walkabout........"Instrumental" my arse.......they made a fvvken stick, that's all they did.....oh, and made some bloody dots and called it art......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #185 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:10pm:

Please explain that one?

Oh, dear, you really are being very tiresome, Hammer.  You take a simple statement and try and blow it into some general.  Australia is a large continent.  In the Top End and the NW, Indigenous Australians were instrumental in the creation of the stock industry.   In northern South Australia they were also important.   Roll Eyes

They were employed by whitemen until they "reliably" went on walkabout........"Instrumental" my arse.......they made a fvvken stick, that's all they did.....oh, and made some bloody dots and called it art......

And that would explain why the 1946 Stockmens' Strike hurt the stock industry so severely?

And that would explain why the Wave Hill Dispute was seen as instrumental in the Land Rights movement, now would it?

Indigenous Australian stockmen are acknowledged by the stock industry as instrumental in it's creation.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #186 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Quote:

'Funny' watching these idiots trying to put schit on a people and culture which had survived for thousands of years before whitey farked it all for them.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #187 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:34pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Quote:

'Funny' watching these idiots trying to put schit on a people and culture which had survived for thousands of years before whitey farked it all for them.

Yeah - apart from the roads, and health standards, and public order, and the wine - don't forget the wine - clean streets, mean streets, any streets at all, education, free money, reliable food source....what else - I ask you... WHAT ELSE HAS THE WHITE MAN DONE FOR US, EH??

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #188 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:36pm

.....oh, only merely destroyed 'us' is all.  A mere trifling irritation, I know.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #189 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:37pm

I may have missed something but weren't Aborigines taught to be STOCKMEN by bwian's reviled "white men".

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #190 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:42pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
I may have missed something but weren't Aborigines taught to be STOCKMEN by bwian's reviled "white men".

Uhuh... I caught that thought also when Brian mentioned "with no black stockmen, there would be no white stockmen".

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #191 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:36pm:
.....oh, only merely destroyed 'us' is all.  A mere trifling irritation, I know.

I'll ask the next Kangaroo Kaffir Konspirator (KKK) I meet.. and whether or not that means him and his mates should burn the nation down instead of enjoying the free money etc.....

So many Blecks around the place you can't walk down a gutter without stumbling over a few.... but the better kind can be found on the footpaths outside the pubs...

Aboriginal and dog walk into a bar in NT - the Aboriginal asks - "Is it OK if we both stay for a drink?"  Bartender says - "The dog we'll serve.. you can wait outside.... and no pissing on the verandah posts...."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:45pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:42pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:37pm:

Uhuh... I caught that thought also when Brian mentioned "with no black stockmen, there would be no white stockmen".

Yeah - that makes as much sense as saying that employing women automatically creates 60% greater productivity.. they forgot to say that was only when the men were fully employed and there were vacancies....

Makes as much sense to say bringing in any worker from a low economic group will improve productivity as long as you have vacancies....

Let's play Spin The Words, eh?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:21pm

Please explain that one?

Oh, dear, you really are being very tiresome, Hammer.  You take a simple statement and try and blow it into some general insult.  Australia is a large continent.  In the Top End and the NW, Indigenous Australians were instrumental in the creation of the stock industry.   In northern South Australia they were also important.   Roll Eyes

Without Black stockmen there wouldn't be a white stock industry

Don't make general statements then.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #194 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:29pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Quote:

Yeah - apart from the roads, and health standards, and public order, and the wine - don't forget the wine - clean streets, mean streets, any streets at all, education, free money, reliable food source....what else - I ask you... WHAT ELSE HAS THE WHITE MAN DONE FOR US, EH??

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Sylvester-Stallone-Facepalm.gif

Of course, we can ignore the white land owners' habits of paying the Black fellas in some minor goods - some beef, some flour and some sugar.  Nor should we ignore the substandard "housing" they provided for the Stockmen and their families - a few sheets of corrugated iron for a humpy.  Oh, and then there was the non-existent health care they provided.  Indeed, when the Army arrived in the Northern Territory durng WWII and employed Indigenous people at decent wages, with decent accommodation and and health care, the landowners protested, realising that the Indigenous people would get, "ideas". 

The Army personnel were shocked at the conditions they found, with good reason.   Effectively the Indigenous people were treated like slaves.  They worked, were paid a pittance and suffered as a consequence from white greed and greed was what drove it.  As much as you attempt to make fun of concern about the working conditions of Indigenous workers in the 1930s-40s-50s-60s-70s they were abhominable.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Send Topic Print