Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print
What happened to the same sex marriage boom? (Read 21629 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What happened to the same sex marriage boom?
Reply #330 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:24pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:06pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 11:21pm:
What exactly prevents gays from carrying on their own chosen lifestyle... and what exactly prevents Aboriginals from carrying in their 'traditional pursuits' on any given parcel of land?

My reason for asking this is quite simple:-  since nobody is asking that these (and other groups such as feminists, Muslims etc) change their way of life to suit - by what right to these groups demand that the majority of people in this nation change to suit them?

Newcastle University is about to introduce special toilets for those who view themselves as 'gender insubstantial' or whatever - at what point does catering to 0.01% of the population become a demand that the other 99.99% change to suit them?

And in that case - who is the 'aggressor' in demanding change?

Toilets is toilets... men and women and disabled and change rooms for kids.

If a private company wants to introduce special toilets for cisgendered people, why do you care? Are they forcing you to use that toilet??

Give me a break, Grap. You're an asshat.

is Newcastle Uni a Privately owned company mothra????...

It doesn't matter whether it is or isn't. If they choose to have additional facilities then why do you care? If they shut down the men's and women's bathrooms, then I would have a problem with that.

Additional facilities don't affect either of us.

its a UNI  and we pay for it.. and yes GRAP can have a reason to care....

if it bothers him   whats it to you???>..he has every right to speak up....just like you do mothra!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #331 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:24pm

The novelty has worn off. Like yesterday's lipstick.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #332 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:18pm:
Ok, so in that situation, I can kind of appreciate your perspective. Perhaps that person, if he is a man should do in the cubicle, or go to the men's bathroom.

To me, this issue is 'private parts'. I suspect that most people don't care about cross-dressers; the issue is that people don't want to expose their private parts to the opposite sex

you dont get it??...

this is ONE PERSON  in a very large public organisation   

and he/she claims discrimination at every turn...

do you not think the ladies asked WHY CANT HE CHANGE IN THE MENS TOILETS.....of course they did..

their answer  it is what he/she wants..

he/she asks to be moved from a situation that he.she thinks they are being bullied   within the week he is moved.....others are told to suck it up...

these are only small things   but their demands are being met at every stage........and it is not making for happy working places.....

we dont look after our disabled as well as we are doing for this group....

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #333 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:31pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
What exactly prevents gays from carrying on their own chosen lifestyle... and what exactly prevents Aboriginals from carrying in their 'traditional pursuits' on any given parcel of land?

My reason for asking this is quite simple:-  since nobody is asking that these (and other groups such as feminists, Muslims etc) change their way of life to suit - by what right to these groups demand that the majority of people in this nation change to suit them?

Newcastle University is about to introduce special toilets for those who view themselves as 'gender insubstantial' or whatever - at what point does catering to 0.01% of the population become a demand that the other 99.99% change to suit them?

my daughter puts up with one who comes to work dressed in mens clothing then changes into females clothing in the female toilets......the females in the workplace were not asked they were told  that was the case...not only that they are also told not to look at this person.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. I think them having their own special place is not a bad idea......it does seem to me to be the male trying to be female that is the problem...... or do the females becoming males have the same probs????>.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am in nomansland on this one..

Ok, so in that situation, I can kind of appreciate your perspective. Perhaps that person, if he is a man should do in the cubicle, or go to the men's bathroom.

To me, this issue is 'private parts'. I suspect that most people don't care about cross-dressers; the issue is that people don't want to expose their private parts to the opposite sex.

Easy then - use the privacy of a cubicle in the rest room that applies to your private parts.. we'll determine gender by which set you have......  Grin

Haha, so funny...

That makes no complete sense.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #334 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:32pm

cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:24pm:

If a private company wants to introduce special toilets for cisgendered people, why do you care? Are they forcing you to use that toilet??

It doesn't matter whether it is or isn't. If they choose to have additional facilities then why do you care? If they shut down the men's and women's bathrooms, then I would have a problem with that.

if it bothers him   whats it to you???>..he has every right to speak up....just like you do mothra!

So, should we pay tax in order to fund health care for sick people?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #335 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm

my daughter puts up with one who comes to work dressed in mens clothing then changes into females clothing in the female toilets......the females in the workplace were not asked they were told  that was the case...not only that they are also told not to look at this person.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. I think them having their own special place is not a bad idea......it does seem to me to be the male trying to be female that is the problem...... or do the females becoming males have the same probs????>.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

To me, this issue is 'private parts'. I suspect that most people don't care about cross-dressers; the issue is that people don't want to expose their private parts to the opposite sex.

Easy then - use the privacy of a cubicle in the rest room that applies to your private parts.. we'll determine gender by which set you have......  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

grap   really   what about air craft????....we all share the one there dont we??...  do you think they will want their own special ones on Qantas... Smiley Smiley

makes me wonder what they do in there... Wink Wink. I mean the mens toilets have cubicles as well dont they???

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #336 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm

cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:30pm:

To me, this issue is 'private parts'. I suspect that most people don't care about cross-dressers; the issue is that people don't want to expose their private parts to the opposite sex

you dont get it??...

do you not think the ladies asked WHY CANT HE CHANGE IN THE MENS TOILETS.....of course they did..

he/she asks to be moved from a situation that he.she thinks they are being bullied   within the week he is moved.....others are told to suck it up...

these are only small things   but their demands are being met at every stage........and it is not making for happy working places.....

I think that if enough women expressed their discontent, then change could be made. Look, I don't have an answer for this; it's a complicated issue.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #337 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:40pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:32pm:

No - we should pay tax in order to build special toilets for sick people.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #338 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:40pm:

grap we already have they are called disabled toilets.....room for a wheelchair....

however we can and should do a lot more    we pay enough tax its how its spent that you have every right to be annoyed about....

I mean  how does Newcastle Uni, know they will get trangender students  in every year????..

will they sit idle for the most part... Cheesy

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #339 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:43pm

cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

grap   really   what about air craft????....we all share the one there dont we??...  do you think they will want their own special ones on Qantas... Smiley Smiley

makes me wonder what they do in there... Wink Wink. I mean the mens toilets have cubicles as well dont they???

Aircraft have a view proof locked door.... not quite the same as an open facility.... I suppose the odd bods could just lock themselves in a closet .. sorry ... cubicle... and nobody would give a damn...

It is their endless screeching for special privileges that is creating the problems, otherwise nobody would give a damn .. I repeat.. it is not the Silenced Majority that is causing the problems and disputes - it is the Screeching Minorities ....... and no - a woman equipped with men's equipment may not use the female toilets... custom forbids....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #340 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:45pm

So, should the majority have the power to shut down and discriminate a minority?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #341 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:47pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm:

you dont get it??...

I think that if enough women expressed their discontent, then change could be made. Look, I don't have an answer for this; it's a complicated issue.

it comes down to discrimination.....ther is an act I believe   and this is only one govt dept.... Roll Eyes

no one is asking for an answer....because by the look of things there isnt one....for instance   how do we know they are transgender   what is the difference between them and a cross dresser??....or!!!! ok shoot me! Smiley  a pervert?

didnt we have a male putting cameras in ladies toilets not that long ago????...

?????????

we should have the right to ask  where the hell is this going?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:48pm

I'd hate to go to uni these days with all this insanity forced on students...

'sailing upon the good ship He
(Person)
sperus using a fuel injected
(sexist reference to genitalia function)
the Captain
(Command Person)
ordered
(imbalance of personal power)
women and children first
(derogatory comment on capabilities of women and treatment of children as vassals)
into the lifeboats ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #343 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:49pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:45pm:

So, should the majority have the power to shut down and discriminate a minority?

So now it's discrimination to use the toilets that apply to your gender paraphernalia?  Might as well say it's discrimination/persecution/oppression to require a full face photo on passport for a Muslim ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #344 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:51pm

cods wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm:

you dont get it??...

it comes down to discrimination.....ther is an act I believe   and this is only one govt dept.... Roll Eyes

no one is asking for an answer....because by the look of things there isnt one....for instance   how do we know they are transgender   what is the difference between them and a cross dresser??....or!!!! ok shoot me! Smiley  a pervert?

didnt we have a male putting cameras in ladies toilets not that long ago????...

?????????

we should have the right to ask  where the hell is this going?

I don't know what the answer is, cods. It's a complicated issue. Hopefully that organisation can find a way to resolve this issue.

I think that the 'reasonable adjustment' rule should apply. That what's happens with people with disabilities. Businesses aren't required to go head over heels to accommodate disabled people. I think this will eventually morph into that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print