Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24
Send Topic Print
What happened to the same sex marriage boom? (Read 21027 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What happened to the same sex marriage boom?
Reply #195 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:56pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:11pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
What happened to the same sex marriage boom?

It is likely to boom over the next decade.

Very likely an increase in volume as facilities and gear up to support the industry.

I know of 3 same sex marriages to take place in the next few months, they say that the main reason for delay is the lack of suitable facilities and preparation time.

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

You understand that there are a limited amount of wedding facilities available that gays can be a tad fussy and that not all facilities are available to them.

Then there is the period of engagement following a proposal. This started about 4 months ago.

How many Hetro marriages are organised in under 4 months of the engagement and why should same sex marriages be any different ?

You will find than many facilities are booked well over 6 months in advance.

I know of one, I met my wife in Oct '83, she proposed in Dec '83, we were married in Apr '84.

poo! That was quick! How'd you pull that off?

Might have been the blowjob she was giving me as we were driving down to the south west of WA for Christmas holidays. But what can I say, she asked, I said yes and here we are 34 years on.

What a woman. That made me think if that part in The World According To Garp where Garp's wife is giving one of her students a bj in the driveway of their home. Robbin Williams comes home tearing up the driveway and hits the back end of their car. His wife bites her students dick off and busts her jaw. Driving and getting BJed could be a dangerous thing  setanta. My mates and I used to pull cones while driving. We called it having a mobile. Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #196 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:54pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Auggie thinks homosexuality is normal when only a small percentage of the world population do it. It's just not standard mainstream behaviour.

It's normal because it's natural, you twit. Is everything that is in a minority an aberration?

Probably, if it's an aberration, a small minority, I would consider it not "normal". I don't care that they do what they do though.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #197 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:51pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:45pm:
Homosexuality is normal, you twit.

Not in my sexual relationships it hasn't been. Wink

That's because you're not gay, Set.

I'm sure my wife will be comforted with that knowledge. Grin

edit: Seeing as the absolute majority of relationships are not gay, I'd say it's not really "normal". I don't care what people do in their own homes but some of the things people do are not "normal".

I think there's confusion over the meaning of the word 'normal'. When you say normal, you mean that it's not practised by the majority; when Hammer says normal he means it's an aberration as if there's something deviant about it.

Minority behaviour is not an aberration.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm

Auggie thinks homosexuality is normal when only a small percentage of the world population do it. It's just not standard mainstream behaviour.

It's normal because it's natural, you twit. Is everything that is in a minority an aberration?

Nope. Only things that don't make biological sense. Men coupling and women coupling just doesn't work.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #199 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm:

Probably, if it's an aberration, a small minority, I would consider it not "normal". I don't care that they do what they do though.

Why would it be an aberration?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #200 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm:

Nope. Only things that don't make biological sense. Men coupling and women coupling just doesn't work.

Says who?

God?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #201 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:56pm:

Very likely an increase in volume as facilities and gear up to support the industry.

I know of 3 same sex marriages to take place in the next few months, they say that the main reason for delay is the lack of suitable facilities and preparation time.

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

You understand that there are a limited amount of wedding facilities available that gays can be a tad fussy and that not all facilities are available to them.

Then there is the period of engagement following a proposal. This started about 4 months ago.

How many Hetro marriages are organised in under 4 months of the engagement and why should same sex marriages be any different ?

I know of one, I met my wife in Oct '83, she proposed in Dec '83, we were married in Apr '84.

Might have been the blowjob she was giving me as we were driving down to the south west of WA for Christmas holidays. But what can I say, she asked, I said yes and here we are 34 years on.

Jesus, Set!

No, he was on the dashboard.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #202 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:59pm

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

Yes it does happen but this topic is about high volume - why have there not been 20,000 same sex marriages in the last 4 months - i.e a boom ???

How do you think you would go rocking up to organise 10,000 last minute venues in the same 4 month period ?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #203 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:00pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:58pm:

aberration
ˌabəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
a departure from what is normal, usual

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #204 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:00pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:58pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:56pm:

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

Jesus, Set!

No, he was on the dashboard.

I personally find oral sex disgusting.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #205 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:01pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:00pm:

aberration
ˌabəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically an unwelcome one.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #206 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:01pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:59pm:

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

Yes it does happen but this topic is about high volume - why have there not been 20,000 same sex marriages in the last 4 months - i.e a boom ???

How do you think you would go rocking up to organise 10,000 last minute venues in the same 4 month period ?

Hey, I was just answering a q.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #207 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:06pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:01pm:

aberration
ˌabəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically an unwelcome one.

"Typically" does not change the meaning as there is no definitive, which is why I left it out. Homosexuality is aberrant, whether you see that as unwelcome or not is irrelevant and an opinion.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:07pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:57pm:

Says who?

God?

Nature. A small percentage of humans are the only life forms  on gods green earth who sexually couple. It's a anomaly.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #209 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:09pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:06pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:01pm:

aberration
ˌabəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

"Typically" does not change the meaning as there is no definitive, which is why I left it out. Homosexuality is aberrant, whether you see that as unwelcome or not is irrelevant and an opinion.

You left it out because it didn't suit your narrative. Words have subtle meanings, and aberration has the subtle meaning of 'being unwelcome.'The subtlety of this word indicates that 'unwelcome' feeling.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24
Send Topic Print