Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Send Topic Print
What happened to the same sex marriage boom? (Read 21588 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Re: What happened to the same sex marriage boom?
Reply #165 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Gays were probably only interested in the marriage issue so they could create a fuss. Now it's time to move on to something else like modifying Christianity to suit their interests. Attacking  Christianity was what they've always had their sights on.

Can you provide me with an argument against same-sex marriage, one that is secular (not religious).

My only problem with gay marriage is when they want it done in a church. I still believe in religious freedom.

What if the church accepts it? Is that Ok?

I suppose it's up to them. If the congregation agrees I suppose. It shouldn't be forced on to them though. Somebody shouldn't have to have their freedom taken away from  another so their freedom is met. It defeats itself.

And no one is forcing them. So there goes your argument up in smoke.

Next!

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:06pm:
Gays were probably only interested in the marriage issue so they could create a fuss. Now it's time to move on to something else like modifying Christianity to suit their interests. Attacking  Christianity was what they've always had their sights on.

There is enough material on this site to create a reference for pre-prepared stupid statements ?

it's not stupid at all muppet. gays know a load of their discrimination comes from religion.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:27pm

Cool

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:28pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:19pm:

Can you provide me with an argument against same-sex marriage, one that is secular (not religious).

My only problem with gay marriage is when they want it done in a church. I still believe in religious freedom.

I suppose it's up to them. If the congregation agrees I suppose. It shouldn't be forced on to them though. Somebody shouldn't have to have their freedom taken away from  another so their freedom is met. It defeats itself.

Next!
Gays have demanded to be married in a church muppet. look it up.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #169 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:11pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:09pm:
What happened to the same sex marriage boom?

It is likely to boom over the next decade.

Very likely an increase in volume as facilities and gear up to support the industry.

I know of 3 same sex marriages to take place in the next few months, they say that the main reason for delay is the lack of suitable facilities and preparation time.

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

You understand that there are a limited amount of wedding facilities available that gays can be a tad fussy and that not all facilities are available to them.

Then there is the period of engagement following a proposal. This started about 4 months ago.

How many Hetro marriages are organised in under 4 months of the engagement and why should same sex marriages be any different ?

You will find than many facilities are booked well over 6 months in advance.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm

For muppet man auggie.

London, England, Aug 3, 2013 / 06:03 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Following legislation that permits same-sex marriage in the U.K. yet prohibits the Church of England from performing the ceremony, a gay couple are planning to sue to be able to marry in their church.
“We are happy for gay marriage to be recognized – in that sense it is a big step. But it is actually a small step because it is something we still cannot actually do,” Barrie Drewitt-Barlow told the Essex Chronicle Aug. 1.
“We need to convince the church that it is the right thing for our community for them to recognize as practicing Christians.”

There's loads of them.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #171 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:32pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:28pm:

Next!

Cite me a legal case where a court has actually ruled in favour of this, otherwise this is just bullshit.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #172 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
For muppet man auggie.

London, England, Aug 3, 2013 / 06:03 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Following legislation that permits same-sex marriage in the U.K. yet prohibits the Church of England from performing the ceremony, a gay couple are planning to sue to be able to marry in their church.
“We are happy for gay marriage to be recognized – in that sense it is a big step. But it is actually a small step because it is something we still cannot actually do,” Barrie Drewitt-Barlow told the Essex Chronicle Aug. 1.
“We need to convince the church that it is the right thing for our community for them to recognize as practicing Christians.”

There's loads of them.

Did they sue? Did they win?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:11pm:

Very likely an increase in volume as facilities and gear up to support the industry.

I know of 3 same sex marriages to take place in the next few months, they say that the main reason for delay is the lack of suitable facilities and preparation time.

suitable facilities?

what does that mean?

You understand that there are a limited amount of wedding facilities available that gays can be a tad fussy and that not all facilities are available to them.

Then there is the period of engagement following a proposal. This started about 4 months ago.

How many Hetro marriages are organised in under 4 months of the engagement and why should same sex marriages be any different ?

You will find than many facilities are booked well over 6 months in advance.

Bullshit. Anybody can rent out a hall. That's what many people do. Absolute rubbish.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #174 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Apparently the Uniting Church has excepted it now.

Well - if they've excepted it, that means they don't accept it....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:34pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
For muppet man auggie.

There's loads of them.

Did they sue? Did they win?

I hope not.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #176 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:16pm:
Apparently the Uniting Church has excepted it now.

Well - if they've excepted it, that means they don't accept it....

What poo are you talking now, Grap?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #177 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:35pm

Well - many will have to sever their live-in ties so that Centrelink etc won't catch up with them.... you know - double dipping for First Home Owners grants and such...

For every silver lining there's a clod who'll fall for the dark cloud inside....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:32pm:

Next!

Cite me a legal case where a court has actually ruled in favour of this, otherwise this is just bullshit.
Just citing that cases have come up. You asked for it.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #179 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:36pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:36pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:32pm:

Next!

Just citing that cases have come up. You asked for it.

I asked where they have been ruled in favour of. Any one can sue for a frivolous case.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Send Topic Print