greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:38am:
Employing preteens now.

Jesus!    Roll Eyes

jesus indeed.

when you go into contribution.
when you contribute your positive energy
much more will come back to you
your cup will runneth over.

the rich get rich and the poor get poorer.

thats not s triumphant statement.
that is a law of nature like the law of thermodynamics or the law of gravity.

if you fail to understand that, you are screwed

11 year old girls should be at home, being 11 year old girls.

We have laws in our state to stop the exploitation of children.

I'd hope that the neanderthal states have similar child labour laws.

That 11 year old girl has the rest of her adult life to work.

Let her be a kid for the few remaining years she has.

Jesus!   Roll Eyes

an 11 yo girl doing what she is passionate about
developing a social network of successful people
getting to enjoy the smile of someone who earnt it
AND getting cash.

yes, she'd be much better off at home watching an ABC documentary telling her to feel shame due to her white priveledge or maybe watching her mum and dad "fat steve and fat janeen" sit on the couch and "complain" about their "sad little story"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A child being exploited, and being paid cash in hand by the unscrupulous employer.

I have far more respect for our children.

how tragic to have a mindset that all work , is, by definition , exploitation.

thats as pathetic as the idea that all rich people got there by oppressing poor people

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Newstart Is No Start
Reply #31 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:36am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:32am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:17am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:13am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:08am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Employing preteens now.

Jesus!    Roll Eyes

jesus indeed.

Jesus!   Roll Eyes

AND getting cash.

yes, she'd be much better off at home watching an ABC documentary telling her to feel shame due to her white priveledge or maybe watching her mum and dad "fat steve and fat janeen" sit on the couch and "complain" about their "sad little story"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A child being exploited, and being paid cash in hand by the unscrupulous employer.

thats as pathetic as the idea that all rich people got there by oppressing poor people

Child exploitation, and tax avoidance.

Disgusting.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:49am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:36am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:32am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:17am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:13am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:08am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:50am:
Employing preteens now.

Jesus!    Roll Eyes

jesus indeed.

Jesus!   Roll Eyes

AND getting cash.

Child exploitation, and tax avoidance.

Disgusting.

red tape, over regulation, toxic negativity, the fun police

Disgusting .

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:51am

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 9:58am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:22am:
mozzaok wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:06am:
Quote:
a 11 yo with no skills other then turning on a tap and placing a biscuit of hay on the ground

Quote:
starts looking after Mr Packers polo horses and at 18 ends up sitting on a yacht in the south of france with Mr Packer and his polo mates , ends up looking after his polo club in marseilles on 200 k a year.
Scoot

What freakin' world do you live in??
You cast aspersions on people playing computer games as being out of touch, well, they look like bloody Einstein compared to you.

I can assure you any 18 year old girl being offered 200k a year by the likes of a Packer, or his ilk, would certainly need to be able to TURN ON more than a bloody tap.
Scoots safety net would be sign up with centrelink where they give you a metal detector, and say now fek off until you've found enough gold to retire on.
Flippin hell the people around here are cretins.
Sorry, cretins, is not right.
Arsehole Cretins.  Yep, that's better.

well thats all a bit negative.

part of the reason that an 11 yo  girl can be employed and someone with a bad attitude wont be is this exact point.

employers (people with capital) want people who will add to the business.

someone who is negative is a liability
someone who is positive is an asset.

all successful business people accrue assets.
they are always on the look out for the person with the great smile, the positive vibe, the generous attitude.

youre going to hate this story (because you have a negativity addiction ) but on my kids lives its true.
my sister in law was looking for a job. she was at her dentists. she was cracking jokes with him whilst he did a filling. at the desk , she was just vibing with the recpetionist. the dentist came out and she, just bold as brass, asked him if he needed any new staff to give her a call. she has been working there for 7 years now. he even took her on a trip to san diego to a dental conference.

you need to change your attitude.

then your cup will "runneth over" 
Wink Wink

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:01am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 7:31am:
Yeah the labour party is just like the liberal party nowadays. Our choices are far-right or far-right.

Quote:
There is also a perception perpetrated by both sides of politics that there are plenty of jobs out there and that the current low rate of pay is necessary to force people back into work.

Isnt working is it? Seems if its going to force ppl into work it would have done it. There arent any jobs out there to force them into.

Spot

Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:09am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
minarchist wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:36am:
Aqua I want YOU to get off your ARSE and create 620,000 jobs so we have no more unemployed in Australia.
Then stop bringing in more people to Australia in a rate greater than our job vacancies can cope with.

In some countries they have an unemployment program called Starvation. Basically, you take any job that's available, and stop whining about how great your s--t smells when you can't get the job you want, or your starve and die. Not surprisingly, unemployment is very low in such countries!

And when there are more people unemployed than there are jobs available - what then?

I'm curious.

Well my post was intended to be sarcastic, but judging from the proceeding posts I've opened a can of worms.

I'll take the case of Indonesia. Last year, the unemployment rate was 5.8%, or 7 million working adults. In the same year, the estimated death rate due to malnutrition was 11.24 persons per 100,000 people, or approximately 25,000 people. Even if you assume that the 25,000 who did die were working adults, that leaves 6,975,000 unemployed people who didn't die of starvation. So how did they survive? There could've been a number of avenues, such as using your savings, charity, relying on family and friends, having your wife and/or children take up work until you find a job, street vending, selling items at traffic intersections, etc. It's obviously not a situation anyone here would want to be in but it's not necessarily a death sentence to be unemployed in a country without government funded unemployment insurance.

In a developed country with a variety of rules and regulations, government funded unemployment insurance is a necessity.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:10am

Double post.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:13am

minarchist wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:09am:
Aqua I want YOU to get off your ARSE and create 620,000 jobs so we have no more unemployed in Australia.
Then stop bringing in more people to Australia in a rate greater than our job vacancies can cope with.

In some countries they have an unemployment program called Starvation. Basically, you take any job that's available, and stop whining about how great your s--t smells when you can't get the job you want, or your starve and die. Not surprisingly, unemployment is very low in such countries!

And when there are more people unemployed than there are jobs available - what then?

I'm curious.

Well my post was intended to be sarcastic, but judging from the proceeding posts I've opened a can of worms.

I'll take the case of Indonesia. Last year, the unemployment rate was 5.8%, or 7 million working adults. In the same year, the estimated death rate due to malnutrition was 11.24 persons per 100,000 people, or approximately 25,000 people. Even if you assume that the 25,000 who did die were working adults, that leaves 6,975,000 unemployed people who didn't die of starvation. So how did they survive? There could've been a number of avenues, such as using your savings, charity, relying on family and friends, having your wife and/or children take up work until you find a job, street vending, selling items at traffic intersections, etc. It's obviously not a situation anyone here would want to be in but it's not necessarily a death sentence to be unemployed in a country without government funded unemployment insurance.

Yes, we know the starvation bit was sarcastic.

However, you said "you take any job that's available".

The point is, the jobs just aren't available.

There are more people unemployed than there are jobs.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:38pm

Just how many times do we have to tell them this???

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:41pm

OK one more time for what appears to be the mentally retarded here...

Grendel wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 9:32am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 8:13am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 7:50am:
Aqua there simply arent enough jobs. You can be enthusiastic as you like but if it doesnt exist . . . .

Spot

thats not how it works.

as an example, i have a neighbour, millionaire, in his 60's.
he is always out doing odd jobs like spraying lantana or moving bits of fallen timber and burning them.
his wife is always at him to take her to europe but he says he cant find anyone reliable that he would trust to look after his joint .

so there is a job there waiting for someone, BUT you would have to know the guy and he would have to trust you and then its yours. the odds he would go to a job agency and advertise are zero.
the odds that he would meet some enthusiastic  17 yo at a working bee at the local pony club and give  him a job are 100 %.

now all you have to do is go be that enthusaistic kid and get noticed

What don't you understand about there are no jobs.

We have 770,000 unemployed and only 150,000 job vacancies...  that leaves 620,000 Australians without a job to even apply for

Enthusiasm cannot get you a job when there are none to be got... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
You can be enthusiastic till the cows come home you will still be unemployed. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 2:47pm

minarchist wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:09am:

I'm curious.

In a developed country with a variety of rules and regulations, government funded unemployment insurance is a necessity.
when we are arresting 14 year old Indonesian fishermen risking 10 years in jail here for a wage of around $50 that doesnt help your argument. But you were wrong anyway, unemployment is extremely high in Indonesia and the unemployed generally live in abject poverty. The fact that most dont starve to death as they do in countries like India is due to the governments program of providing basic food supplies to the poor which of course is a form of welfare..

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #42 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 7:28am

A 21 year old I know lost his job about 7 months ago and got a new one last week! Yay! Only took him 6 months. Thats pretty good going IMO.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 4:53pm

Well at 21 he wouldn't have run into any Ageism would he... there is a lot of that going on in Australia today.

Work your butt off all your life then with 10-20 years to go till retirement tossed on the unemployment heap, possibly never to get a full time job ever again. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 6:12pm

Well, once the Political Industry 'fractures' into many different little 'Independent' nations here on this big 'continent'.
You might find that the 'empowerment' will come from the ART Industry, as the world already has one 'Political' region of the world: North America (The West).

Politics is only keeping base here by default of the UK/USA.
It's a static existence, with no getting ahead and providing people with a 'future' that they need here.

So out with Politics & in with Art ...afterall, it is our fastest growing Industry - more so than Politics.

Anyway - with Centrelink. We all know that the people in the Cities are the 'bludgers' of Centrelink and the Rural people are the Battlers.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print