Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Thai kids stuck in a cave (Read 18625 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Thai kids stuck in a cave
Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:31pm

Nice to have a good news story for a change .

They'll be in there for a while longer but glad they've been found.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Thai kids stuck in a cave
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:35pm

Did they see some aboriginal 'hand-work' on the walls.
That's where all Aboriginal men went to do some 'sacred' hand work.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:04pm

An incredible story.

I'm glad they found them.

We'll see a movie within 18 months.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:12pm

More soccer teams should be left in caves

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:42pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Nice to have a good news story for a change .

They'll be in there for a while longer but glad they've been found.

Found alive!  The whole dirty dozen plus the idiot who got too excited to read the weather forecast, but Chiang Rai has other virtues. I am sure it was just human error manifested in some vulcanic warning sign regarding bipedal hubris ...

I have had the pleasure of writing some happy letters today, so that just proves to me that God is good.  Allah Akbah!

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:55pm

Ee-gad, a bunch of 13 year old boys stuck down a deep dark cave. I wonder what they were doing down there.

Bobby?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:57pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Ee-gad, a bunch of 13 year old boys stuck down a deep dark cave. I wonder what they were doing down there.

Bobby?

No SBS.  Their ages ranged from 11 to 16 and there were twelve of them plus one authority.

What the fruck is wrong with you, Karnal?  Are you deaf or blind?

Or just stupid?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:09pm

Bobby?

I bet you had a few thais in your cave last time you where over there.

IBI

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:08pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:09pm:

Bobby?

I bet you had a few thais in your cave last time you where over there.

RSI bothering you, is it Gordy.  You know that if you have a good imagination, you can use the other wrist and find happiness again.  Think of Vietnamese girls if you must, because they know how to cure your sore wrists in your imagination if you only open your cursed mind!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #9 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:19pm

I have wondered why anyone would be able to get lost going into a cave to the point that simply turning around and going back would be the right thing to do. But then, at age 13, I did get a bit lost in the orientation of my new high school.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 12:10am

Bobby?

The person who led them there at a time of possible heavy rain is an idiot.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Amazing
Reply #11 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 2:23pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/thailand-cave-rescue-reports-divers...

NEW footage released by the Royal Thai Navy has revealed the state of the cave-tapped Thai soccer team and their coach.

The teenagers appeared to be in good spirits in the video captured yesterday, which showed the 12 boys wrapped in blankets talking to Thai Navy SEAL divers.

“After eating, they have more energy,” the Navy wrote as the caption.
Two doctors have volunteered to stay with the boys as rescuers fret about volatile weather conditions.

Heavy rainfall could add to the flooding in the Thamg Luang cave network, according to the New Zealand Herald. It means the boys, who can’t swim, might be stuck there until monsoon seasons ends in October.

But in what is being described as a “huge sacrifice”, two of Thailand’s navy doctors have agreed to stay with the young boys and their coach for as long as it takes to free them.

It is understood rescue teams have been pumping 10,000 litres of water out of the caves every hour, but there are concerns more rain could threaten the air pocket where the team has taken refuge

Top Thai Navy officer Commander Rear Adm. Arpakorn Yookongkaew said there was “no need to hurry”, and the soccer team would be brought out when they were physically and mentally ready, the Bangkok Post reported.

“It may be four months, one month or one week. There’s no need to hurry,” he said.

“The first plan is to reduce the water level and get them out but if we can’t, we will have a backup plan.

“Anyone who is ready first will be brought out. They will be brought out gradually,” he added. Safety is the priority.”

But the weather forecast alarmed others, according to the Bangkok Post, including Thailand’s Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda, who said the mission was a race against time.

“As rain is forecast in the next few days, the evacuation must be sped up. Diving gear will be used. If the water rises, the task will be difficult. We must bring the kids out before then,” Gen Anupong said.

The water and food-starved soccer team have had four days of worth of food supplies delivered to them, according to the Bankgok Post, as well as rejuvenating mineral salts and 70 oxygen tanks.

And after having no contact with the outside world for 10 days, the young boys are now able to contact their parents after phone cables were brought into the area.

when I heard they had found the boys... I thought "yippee"   that was it...

but apparently not.....this will be another mighty rescue for the record books....I pray it all ends well..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Amazing
Reply #12 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 2:39pm

Indeed....amazing.

Link.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 2:58pm

oh trust you... I will ask a gmod to move it for YOU..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:01pm

please Mr gmod   would you move this thread to the link  Mr Winger has put up.....

as you can see he is not in the least bit interested in the subject  matter.....he just cant stand the thought of more than one thread about the same topic...

NOW    if it was about a sewer  that he delights in talking about..... I am sure he would in fact say the more threads the merrier... Smiley Smiley

thankyou  Mr Gmod..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print