Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Aussies have plastic bag withdrawal symptoms (Read 4112 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aussies have plastic bag withdrawal symptoms
Reply #30 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:12pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:29am:
I think the overall effect will be less plastic. I found the supermarket bags to have a high failure rate. Many rip and couldn't be used as bin liners and often they'd fail as bin liners and you'd need a second one.

I'd prefer no bags and just buy the bin liner.

Surely you're joking?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:14pm

The smarter ones amongst you should view this as the start of the end of single use plastics. Get used  to it, single use plastic has to disappear. Purchasing plastic bin liners instead is just stupidity. Get used to living plastic free, change your lazy
ways.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:16pm

cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:27pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:04am:
Amadd wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 3:26am:
Where can I buy some bin liners?

Oh, maybe the supermarket sells them.

Yeah, that is the other issue. Getting Australia to become non-reliant on plastic anything. Got any suggestions? Biodegradable wrappings?

shops in ACT havent given away plastic bags for yonks.....seriously   a mile down the road in Queanbeyan  they were still using plastic bags for groceries....yet we had to buy them.....

it is a scam thats for sure... A GREENs scam  yes we have a green govt.. mixed with labor.....they do not believe in free plastic shopping bags   but its ok to cut down a whole avenue of trees.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and it also ok for rich developers to cut down masses of trees.....

oh the trees dont make paper btw   they are shredded 
and used for infil somewhere... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes sense to some!

what doesnt come in plastic anymore???>..even my plastic food containers come wrapped in plastic....

does anyone know how to get a new toothbrush out of their plastic packaging   without the use of a chainsaw?... Angry Angry

They never ever gave them away ... their cost was always factored into the cost of your groceries.

It's the same with the fuel shopper dockets scam.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #33 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:16pm

rhino wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:14pm:
The smarter ones amongst you should view this as the start of the end of single use plastics. Get used  to it, single use plastic has to disappear. Purchasing plastic bin liners instead is just stupidity. Get used to living plastic free, change your lazy
ways.

Yes! Rhino has it! Use paper bags in your bins! Save the planet!

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:19pm

red baron wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm:
I've been using Aldi's reusable bags for years

Get over it! All these lazy polluters whose garbage ends up in the oceans killing off the marine life or in landfill which never break down!

Yeah well how about they start in SE Asia & 3rd world countries?  Roll Eyes

They're massive plastic polluters.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:20pm

I dont care if I spend $10 a week on paper bags, they are a renewable resource and generally plantation timber provides the pulp, helps the economy and biodegrades back into the environment quickly. Im sure a lot of you can remember before we had plastic bags.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:20pm

ways.

Impossible.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:21pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:19pm:

Get over it! All these lazy polluters whose garbage ends up in the oceans killing off the marine life or in landfill which never break down!

Yeah well how about they start in SE Asia & 3rd world countries?  Roll Eyes

They're massive plastic polluters.
western countries started the use of single use plastics, not Asian. Leading by example is not such a bad thing.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:24pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:20pm:
ways.

Impossible.
Strange. However did people survive 50 years ago without single use plastic? Didnt anyone tell them it was impossible?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #39 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:37pm

rhino wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:24pm:
ways.

Impossible.
Strange. However did people survive 50 years ago without single use plastic? Didnt anyone tell them it was impossible?

Metal and glass and even leather

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #40 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:49pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:28pm:
Was talking to someone we know at Coles in Lismore Square today, they've been getting abused for not providing bags even though there has been countdowns to no plastic bags for ages with signs out the front. Some spit the dummy and refuse to pay 15c for the new bags and leave their groceries. It's not as if they made the policy but they certainly cop the flack for it. There're some stupid people on this planet.

… a female Woolworths staff member was strangled and sworn at by a male customer who disagreed with the company’s bag ban at Woolworths Greenfields at Mandurah, Western Australia late last month.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/furious-shoppers-attack-supermar...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:43pm

ways.

Impossible.

We are living in completely different times.

Do you support the removal of workers penalty rates & attacks on wages & conditions in the downward spiral back to the days 50 years ago & further?

We'll have the kids back down the mine next just to assist you with your nostalgia.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #42 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:41pm

ways.

Impossible.
Strange. However did people survive 50 years ago without single use plastic? Didn't anyone tell them it was impossible?

HOPEFULLY, those damned styrene trays in the meat and fruit departments will be next to be given the arse !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 9:07pm

You have to use each bag about 50 times just to break even on plastic consumption. You were putting a lot of effort into negative results. It is basically the supermarket selling you a warm and fuzzy while further harming the environment.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 9:25pm

ways.

Impossible.

I remember my mum going to the fruit and veggie shop....where you were served you didnt serve yourself..she would buy the spuds the guy would weigh them up and tip them into her canvas bag...if anything needed wrapping it was in  newspaper....

then it all went posh and it was brown paper bags....then they became they were taken over by the dreaded plastic bag...

what annoys me the most is   we the consumer never asked for these changes    they were all basically forced on us....then suddenly they become a NO NO and we the consumer  get to pay for it all over again...

the whole packaging thing has now got completely out of control.....has anyone bought a kids toy that comes in a smart box usually with a try me sign on it.. saying its for the under 2s... and when you get it home it takes two of you, a pair of scissors, a saw and screwdriver. to get the thing open.... Angry Angry Angry Angry

I have never seen packaging like it....I bought some batteries the other day,...dont ask me I think they are still lying in a corner somewhere.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print