Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Aussies have plastic bag withdrawal symptoms (Read 4152 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Aussies have plastic bag withdrawal symptoms
Reply #15 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:04am

Amadd wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 3:26am:
Where can I buy some bin liners?

Oh, maybe the supermarket sells them.

Yeah, that is the other issue. Getting Australia to become non-reliant on plastic anything. Got any suggestions? Biodegradable wrappings?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:18am

What kind of plastic bin liners would they sell?  Country or western?

It is quite normal for sane adults to demonstrate some resentfulness when their lives are being screwed over by a corporate marketing scam.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am

Setanta wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:45pm:
Gordon wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:36pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:28pm:
Was talking to someone we know at Coles in Lismore Square today, they've been getting abused for not providing bags even though there has been countdowns to no plastic bags for ages with signs out the front. Some spit the dummy and refuse to pay 15c for the new bags and leave their groceries. It's not as if they made the policy but they certainly cop the flack for it. There're some stupid people on this planet.

They make great bin bags so we grabbed a heap the evening before they stopped using them.

Ppl are stoopid. I haven't used supermarket bags for ages.
I Keep a few flexible tubs in the back of the car then unload straight from the trolly into the tubs.

I reckon the supermarket bags are crap for the bin, they split and leak.

We use them for a few bins around the house. Nappy bin in bathroom, recyclable plastics like cling wrap, bin beside my computer desk that gets paper. I find them really handy.

I use the shopping bags in kitchen garbage bin, I have been collecting them for quite a few months I have a large supply.

Coles and Woolies had bins to recycle these shopping bags so what was the problem with them?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:51am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am:
Was talking to someone we know at Coles in Lismore Square today, they've been getting abused for not providing bags even though there has been countdowns to no plastic bags for ages with signs out the front. Some spit the dummy and refuse to pay 15c for the new bags and leave their groceries. It's not as if they made the policy but they certainly cop the flack for it. There're some stupid people on this planet.

They make great bin bags so we grabbed a heap the evening before they stopped using them.

I Keep a few flexible tubs in the back of the car then unload straight from the trolly into the tubs.

We use them for a few bins around the house. Nappy bin in bathroom, recyclable plastics like cling wrap, bin beside my computer desk that gets paper. I find them really handy.

I use the shopping bags in kitchen garbage bin, I have been collecting them for quite a few months I have a large supply.

Coles and Woolies had bins to recycle these shopping bags so what was the problem with them?

They weren't making them money.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:24pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:49am:

The mixed-up shop down the road was still giving them away last time I made the mistake of needing to go there.  They get one of their retard nephews to sit there out the back with a pair of scissors and cut a little triangular hole in the bottom of each bag, so they can't be used for kitchen scraps or they'll leak potato-peel juice on the tiles .. unless you double-bag left-over right.  He always cuts around 1/3 in from one side so it can be done, but it just means two bags to do the job of one.

What is the political meaning of that?

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #20 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:33pm

they banned plastic bags then charge you to use them-  never  use them anymore

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:04am:

Yeah, that is the other issue. Getting Australia to become non-reliant on plastic anything. Got any suggestions? Biodegradable wrappings?

shops in ACT havent given away plastic bags for yonks.....seriously   a mile down the road in Queanbeyan  they were still using plastic bags for groceries....yet we had to buy them.....

it is a scam thats for sure... A GREENs scam  yes we have a green govt.. mixed with labor.....they do not believe in free plastic shopping bags   but its ok to cut down a whole avenue of trees.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and it also ok for rich developers to cut down masses of trees.....

oh the trees dont make paper btw   they are shredded 
and used for infil somewhere... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes sense to some!

what doesnt come in plastic anymore???>..even my plastic food containers come wrapped in plastic....

does anyone know how to get a new toothbrush out of their plastic packaging   without the use of a chainsaw?... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:37pm

cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:27pm:

shops in ACT havent given away plastic bags for yonks.....seriously   a mile down the road in Queanbeyan  they were still using plastic bags for groceries....yet we had to buy them.....

it is a scam thats for sure... A GREENs scam  yes we have a green govt.. mixed with labor.....they do not believe in free plastic shopping bags   but its ok to cut down a whole avenue of trees.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

makes sense to some!

what doesnt come in plastic anymore???>..even my plastic food containers come wrapped in plastic....

does anyone know how to get a new toothbrush out of their plastic packaging   without the use of a chainsaw?... Angry Angry

What do the shops in Fyshwick wrap their products in?

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:38pm

makes sense to some!

This is how I usually handle that sort of packaging:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:44pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:38pm:
[quote author=ID999 link=1530447551/4#4 date=1530466007]Where can I buy some bin liners?

makes sense to some!

This is how I usually handle that sort of packaging:

Toothbrushes are usually easy because the back is paper and you just pop them thru the back.

This sorta works, not always.

IBI

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:59pm

My family does most of its shopping at Aldi and has done so for years. However, in the greater scheme of things the banning of plastic bags is just another "Pissing on a Bushfire" environmental scheme that does little in reducing either landfill or garbage dotting the environment, let alone stop the accumulation of garbage in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Unless you're planning on going back to "the Good Ole' Days" of either buying everything in glass or tin containers and bagging everything else that wasn't, then there's no point in being so smug about the Bag Ban as you're still buying a tonne of crap that's wrapped in plastic, and in many cases it's the most sensible and hygienic choice. Also, what happens to your "reusable" bag once it is broken - do you just throw it out?

I think if we really wanted to eliminate garbage that has no value in being recycled then we'd have it processed in such a way that it can be utilised as a fuel for small scale power generation.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:05pm

That's exactly what I used them for ... so in effect they were reusable.

My daughter used them for dirty nappy disposal

I also used them to put fish & crab pot bait in to freeze.

None were just thrown out after going grocery shopping... they were all stored for future use ...

including repacking with groceries/supplies we would put into large container tubs to take camping ... those then reused for garbage whilst away.

I believe that the non biodegradable plastics used in wrappings/containers around grocery items & the plastic in reusable bags is a bigger problem ... that along with plastics around toys, hardware & electronic items.

At least the biodegradable bags would breakdown in sunlight & turn to dust in a couple of months or less.
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:17pm by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #27 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm

I've been using Aldi's reusable bags for years

Get over it! All these lazy polluters whose garbage ends up in the oceans killing off the marine life or in landfill which never break down!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm

Oh the irony ey?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:11pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:13am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:10am:
freediver wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:12am:
I picked up some take-out last week, in a "reusable" plastic bag. Just like the old ones, but the plastic was probably about ten times as thick. Obviously'y it's not going to be re-used for anything if it is covered in food.

Now we have to buy bin liners. They only get used once now.

Exactly!

It's achieved nothing (except extra profits for Coles and Woolies).

I know a lot of ppl that have been buying bin liners for years and chucking away the food bags ... so it will make a difference.  Wink Wink

Yeah well they're dills ey

bin liners are made from the same shyte plastics as the bags they used to hand out ...

they were never free .... their cost was always factored into overheads & that would be reflected in the price of groceries ...

which will not be adjusted .... so with having to buy reusable bags - plastic or cloth ....

they are double dipping. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print