Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Perth on the First of July. (Read 2737 times)
Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth on the First of July.
Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:07pm

They don't make global warming like this very often, those sky people.  22 degrees on the first day of July.  Time for the beach!

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Perth on the First of July.
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:15pm

Already?  11ºC here.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:19pm

First of June is usually sunny in Perth, just like first of December it usually rains.  The first of July is very rarely this warm and clear-skied as this, as far as I remember the last few decades. 

Rainfall has been apparently the highest June in five years according to some report somewhere.  This is like the icecream after a good month's hard rainfall.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm

Very warm day here in QLD as well, last night was almost hot  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:40pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:31pm:

That must be such a rare occurance, honourable comrade.  A warm day in Queensland?  That's worth sharing, my frucking oath, mate.  How warm exactly is Mackay this afternoon if you're not on that DST yet?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:50pm

Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:40pm:

That must be such a rare occurance, honourable comrade.  A warm day in Queensland?  That's worth sharing, my frucking oath, mate.  How warm exactly is Mackay this afternoon if you're not on that DST yet?

OKay, fair enough.  Thanks for reducing the thread to a pointless level with the Queensland aspect.  I am sure that localised global warming for a good outcome has no place in your party's agenda this month, so I apologise for mentioning that damned reality in a place like this.  Queensland is the best thing that ever frucking happened to Perth!

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:09pm

Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:50pm:

OKay, fair enough.  Thanks for reducing the thread to a pointless level with the Queensland aspect.  I am sure that localised global warming for a good outcome has no place in your party's agenda this month, so I apologise for mentioning that damned reality in a place like this.  Queensland is the best thing that ever frucking happened to Perth!

Last week it was -4 where I live Cheesy and further south than Perth I’m not really sure what u r getting mad at though  Wink Wink Wink
Maybe make a list of your demands on how u want ppl to respond in your posts  Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:15pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:09pm:

Last week it was -4 where I live Cheesy and further south than Perth I’m not really sure what u r getting mad at though  Wink Wink Wink
Maybe make a list of your demands on how u want ppl to respond in your posts  Cheesy

Fair call, Don.  I was sorry even before I ranted the second time.  I wanted to celebrate the exceptional sunny clear weather in Perth today, which is why I made a specific point about Perth, itself.  I am not the only member who saw the sky here this morning.

Queensland is also occasionally known to enjoy good weather one day, and beautiful the next.  Today was beautiful by Perth's July 1 standards,  I was targetting Sandgropers, but I can understand now that the members here just want to argue anything, and don't care about reality.  I am glad you had a nice day in some other place too.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:39pm

Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:15pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:09pm:

Fair call, Don.  I was sorry even before I ranted the second time.  I wanted to celebrate the exceptional sunny clear weather in Perth today, which is why I made a specific point about Perth, itself.  I am not the only member who saw the sky here this morning.

Queensland is also occasionally known to enjoy good weather one day, and beautiful the next.  Today was beautiful by Perth's July 1 standards,  I was targetting Sandgropers, but I can understand now that the members here just want to argue anything, and don't care about reality.  I am glad you had a nice day in some other place too.

It ok I wasn’t starting a fight, we have had cold weather last few weeks and last few days been rainy too. Weather changed today and we went out to enjoy it. Excellent sunny day. Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:57pm

Gonna piss down in Perth tomorrow, apparently.

There's a 90% chance of getting 20 - 40 mm.

Nice  Smiley

IP Logged

Bobby.

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:28pm

Melbourne and Geelong both down to 2 degrees C tonight.

I feel like Scott of the Antarctic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Falcon_Scott

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:56am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:57pm:
Gonna piss down in Perth tomorrow, apparently.

There's a 90% chance of getting 20 - 40 mm.

Nice  Smiley

Indeed.  I got the 2017-18 sheets washed and hung out in the sun yesterday, all fresh and ready for the 2019-20 fin' year.  Solar Power!

Try drying a week's laundry on a day like this one.  I just did.  This is the correct government policy for July in Perth today.  Wind is good from the north  this next couple of days ... full of icicles but still over 20 kts.  Solar power is more efficacious technology than wind.  I forecast clean, dry clobber for Wednesday.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:58am

Bobby. wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:28pm:
Melbourne and Geelong both down to 2 degrees C tonight.

I feel like Scott of the Antarctic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Falcon_Scott

Base camp too far away?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:04am

lee wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:15pm:
Already?  11ºC here.

2C here - -4 or -5 in mornings

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:46am

The good thing about the country versus the city is that when it rains in the country, it's over in ten minutes.  Maybe it comes back in an hour or less, but it only lasts another ten minutes.  There is still plenty of time in the country day to get things done without getting soaked.

In the city, when it rains, it rains all day.  Must be to do with the population.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print