Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The Penalty Rate Cuts Are Not Fair (Read 2741 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: The Penalty Rate Cuts Are Not Fair
Reply #75 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:11am

All these years there hasnt been such a problem with penalty rates. If employers wanted ppl to work unsocial hours they paid them. Why all of a sudden in these times where a coffee costs about 10 bucks can they suddenly not afford it?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:33am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:11am:
All these years there hasnt been such a problem with penalty rates. If employers wanted ppl to work unsocial hours they paid them. Why all of a sudden in these times where a coffee costs about 10 bucks can they suddenly not afford it?

Spot

That's right.

Workers aren't asking for anything extra.

They just want to retain the entitlements that have been in place for 100 years.

They're not asking for more money - they're just asking that their wages aren't cut.

How is that unreasonable?

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #77 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 6:46am

Union fights back against sexist push to cut hairdressers’ penalty rates
4th of July 2018
My Sunshine Coast

The Australian Workers' Union, acting on behalf of Hair Stylists Australia, is fighting back against a coordinated push from employers to trim the Sunday penalty rates of hairdressers by 50 per cent.

The AWU established Hair Stylists Australia last year to represent the interests of the lowest paid trade in Australia: hairdressing.

The Australian Industry Group, operating on behalf of Hair and Beauty Australia, has lodged a submission to the Fair Work Commission arguing penalty rates for hairdressing should be cut in light of the cuts experienced by retail and hospitality workers.   Sad

However, the AWU, in conjunction with the SDA, has now lodged a countering submission to the Commission arguing the employers' rationale is sexist and wrong.

"Hairdressing is a trade like any other. It is simply incorrect to line it up against unskilled work," said Daniel Walton, National Secretary of the AWU.

"Hairdressers train for as long as other trades to get their certificate. The only difference is they're predominantly women, predominately young, and have traditionally not had a union to represent their interests.

"Hairdressers should be compared to other trades like plumbing, bricklaying, and carpentry — none of which are facing a push for pay rates to be cut.

"We are facing a wage crisis in this country and the inequality gap is growing by the month. Working people are crying out for a pay rise, and yet here we see greedy employers going after the lowest paid trade in the country.   Sad

"It is a disgrace that employers have banded together to try and snatch away a big chunk of the modest take-home pay that hairdressers have.

"Hairdressers now have industrial strength and we will fight this as hard as we can.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #78 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:02pm

I am almost too afraid to ask, but a few years ago when I was just chanting along to Labor Policy, like the dumb fek fanboys banging this Penalty Rate drum today, was I so shallow and stupid? I remember I was always a self righteous bugger, but I do not remember being this stupid.
Grendel, Longy, Soren, freekick time, sink the boot in now.
Juliar and similarly retarded fekwits, do not bother, your opinions will never impress any person with IQ's beyond double digits.

I was never impressed greatly with the prowess of most fellow travellers, at the time, but now so often they sound just like a mirror version of Juliar, just a brainless fanboy, foghorning the party line.

So, I won't waste too much energy on this, because anytime a point they cannot address is raised, they just ignore it and bang on with some equally spurious inanity. They move the goal posts so often they do not even know what direction they should even be kicking anymore.

So, keep them, they have been around for ages, end of argument.
Great argument, worked for slavery, denial of women's rights, bleeding the sick, jail homosexuals, need I go on?
Keep doing stuff because we have done it for ages passes no intellectual or moral test, it is just declaring habituation inviolate.

Bill Shorten in an astounding short sighted and unrealistic interpretation of how the world works, was so confident that everybody of any decency, would think just like he does.
With that in mind, he lobbied hard to have the Liberal Government put the decision for how we should proceed into the future with Penalty Rates, to a commission of trained professionals to decide, the Fair Work Commission. An entity set up by previous Labor government I think, so with confidence he expected to see them mirror his stance, and VOWED to stand by and support, whatever they decided.
What they decided was that Bill was talking shite, and penalty rates needed to be severely changed.

Bill's promise???? Well that got a big Fek You.
Now I will take a leaf out of his book, I am sick of stating the obvious that disingenuous turds already know, but pretend no longer means anything.
So, FEK YOUS ALL.
The final word is that an umpire was appointed, it made a decision your team promised to respect, but they lied. Now they are sooking.
Sook on snowflakes, and, FEK YOU.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:10pm

mozzaok wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:02pm:
I am almost too afraid to ask, but a few years ago when I was just chanting along to Labor Policy, like the dumb fek fanboys banging this Penalty Rate drum today, was I so shallow and stupid? I remember I was always a self righteous bugger, but I do not remember being this stupid.
Juliar and similarly retarded fekwits, do not bother, your opinions will never impress any person with IQ's beyond double digits.

I was never impressed greatly with the prowess of most fellow travellers, at the time, but now so often they sound just like a mirror version of Juliar, just a brainless fanboy, foghorning the party line.

So, I won't waste too much energy on this, because anytime a point they cannot address is raised, they just ignore it and bang on with some equally spurious inanity. They move the goal posts so often they do not even know what direction they should even be kicking anymore.

Great argument, worked for slavery, denial of women's rights, bleeding the sick, jail homosexuals, need I go on?
Keep doing stuff because we have done it for ages passes no intellectual or moral test, it is just declaring habituation inviolate.

Bill Shorten in an astounding short sighted and unrealistic interpretation of how the world works, was so confident that everybody of any decency, would think just like he does.
With that in mind, he lobbied hard to have the Liberal Government put the decision for how we should proceed into the future with Penalty Rates, to a commission of trained professionals to decide, the Fair Work Commission. An entity set up by previous Labor government I think, so with confidence he expected to see them mirror his stance, and VOWED to stand by and support, whatever they decided.
What they decided was that Bill was talking shite, and penalty rates needed to be severely changed.

Now I will take a leaf out of his book, I am sick of stating the obvious that disingenuous turds already know, but pretend no longer means anything.
So, FEK YOUS ALL.
The final word is that an umpire was appointed, it made a decision your team promised to respect, but they lied. Now they are sooking.
Are you sure the current umpire was appointed by a previous labor Government? Its easy to get the results you want if you place an umpire who has vested interests.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:12pm

mozzaok wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:02pm:

Great argument, worked for slavery, denial of women's rights, bleeding the sick, jail homosexuals,
need I go on?

So, FEK YOUS ALL.

Yes folks, he really is comparing penalty rates to slavery, denial of women's rights, bloodletting, and jailing homosexuals.

Moreover, he's also putting up a straw man: "Keep doing stuff because we have done it for ages".

Dear oh dear.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #81 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:40pm

Gee MrPig, if only I cared as much as you.

I guess you never said people deserve penalty rates because they've been around for decades.
If I pretend I believe you will you just fek off?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print