Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The Penalty Rate Cuts Are Not Fair (Read 2786 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: The Penalty Rate Cuts Are Not Fair
Reply #45 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:48pm

Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:47pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:35pm:
What you are talking about Imrah is overtime. What greggory is talking about is penalty rates. You need to discuss the same thing to have a conversation.

Spot

Overtime and penalty rates are the very same thing.  They are for fulltimers.  Casuals get a 20% loading for doing the 'unsocial' hours.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/penalty-rates Penalty rates

Quote:
penalty rates
pl n
Australian and NZ rates of pay, such as double time, paid to employees working outside normal working hours

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/overtime?s=t Overtime

Quote:
overtime
[noun, adverb, adjective oh-ver-tahym; verb oh-ver-tahym]
ExamplesWord Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
working time before or after one's regularly scheduled working hours; extra working time.
pay for such time (distinguished from straight time).
time in excess of a prescribed period.

Spot

If that's the way you kids want to move the goalposts.  Then all I can do is wish you well with your 457 visa scams.  Let them eat the cake.

I didnt move any goalposts i simply gave you the definitions

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:50pm

What you are talking about Imrah is overtime. What greggory is talking about is penalty rates. You need to discuss the same thing to have a conversation.

Spot

Overtime and penalty rates are the very same thing.  They are for fulltimers.  Casuals get a 20% loading for doing the 'unsocial' hours.

Quote:
penalty rates
pl n
Australian and NZ rates of pay, such as double time, paid to employees working outside normal working hours

Quote:
overtime
ExamplesWord Origin
noun
working time before or after one's regularly scheduled working hours; extra working time.

Spot

No point, Spot.

He's either drunk or trolling.

I suspect a little from column A, and a little from column B.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:52pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:48pm:
Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:47pm:

Spot

Quote:
penalty rates
pl n

Quote:
overtime
ExamplesWord Origin
noun

Spot

If that's the way you kids want to move the goalposts.  Then all I can do is wish you well with your 457 visa scams.  Let them eat the cake.

I didnt move any goalposts i simply gave you the definitions

Spot

Robert E. Lee must be turning in his grave this morning in Arlington cemetery.  It will make a nice carpark for the new mall if you concrete over it.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #48 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:24pm

Spot

Sorry but you are very wrong, I will attempt to explain it for you.

Overtime is paid for working additional hours after the weekly or daily hours have been completed.

i.e. if working 7.6 hours per day and are asked to work an additional two hours that would be overtime.

As would being asked to work on a Saturday if you had already worked 38 hours that week.

Overtime is hours in excess of the weekly normal hours (38 in Australia).

In the case of penalty rates they are paid when you work outside of normal hours as part of your normal weekly hours. normal hours are often around 7am to 6 pm on Monday to Friday. this is as a part of your normal hours of duty and done on a rostered basis.

This means that you work 38 hours in the week but all or some of them fall between 6pm and 7 am Monday to Friday or at any time on a Saturday / Sunday. This is not overtime as you only worked your normal 38 hour week it is payed as penalty rates.

I hope that this clarifies your confusion, a bit.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:24pm:

Spot

Overtime is paid for working additional hours after the weekly or daily hours have been completed.

i.e. if working 7.6 hours per day and are asked to work an additional two hours that would be overtime.

As would being asked to work on a Saturday if you had already worked 38 hours that week.

In the case of penalty rates they are paid when you work outside of normal hours. normal hours are often around 7am to 6 pm on Monday to Friday. this is as a part of your normal hours of duty and done on a rostered basis.

This means that you work 38 hours in the week but all or some of them fall between 6pm and 7 am Monday to Friday or at any time on a Saturday / Sunday. This is not overtime it is payed as penalty rates.

I hope that this clarifies your confusion.

I am not confused, and nor is General Lee.  It is the greedy pretend left which is attempting to confuse society, because the don't have the honesty to saw the barrel off a second-hand shotgun. 

If you do not work fulltime, then you work casual, or go on the dole.  I hope that they make them pay back all the stolen money after the next election.  I know it will not happen now, but I would rather die an honest Australian than to support political armed robbery.  Some of us still respect what brung us here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:33pm

Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:29pm:

Spot

In the case of penalty rates they are paid when you work outside of normal hours. normal hours are often around 7am to 6 pm on Monday to Friday. this is as a part of your normal hours of duty and done on a rostered basis.

This means that you work 38 hours in the week but all or some of them fall between 6pm and 7 am Monday to Friday or at any time on a Saturday / Sunday. This is not overtime it is payed as penalty rates.

I am not confused, and nor is General Lee.  It is the greedy pretend left which is attempting to confuse society, because the don't have the honesty to saw the barrel off a second-hand shotgun. 

If you do not work fulltime, then you work casual, or go on the dole.  I hope that they make them pay back all the stolen money after the next election.  I know it will not happen now, but I would rather die an honest Australian than to support political armed robbery.  Some of us still respect what brung us here.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:34pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:01pm:
Imrah wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 3:55pm:
Quote:
Mon-Fri: (8 x 1.0) + (2 x 1.5) + (6 x 2.0) = 23 hours pay for 16 hours work.

On normal week days?  Makes no sense to me.

Quote:
How do you rate the sixth day?
(2 x 1.5) x (14 x 2.0) = 31 hours pay for 16 hours work. (correction)

Where does the 2 and the 14 come from?

Those are hours at the two different kinds of penalty rates.  Time & a half and double time.  That is how we addup the penalty rates for a 16 hour day for a fulltimer.

Explain exactly what days/hours/rates you are referring to.  I can't make sense if what you have posted.  You'll have to clarify with specifics.

He is talking about overtime where the rate is time and a half for the first 2 hours and double time after that. The calculation shows for 16 hours I imagine is how covering a double 8 hr shift on overtime would look.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #52 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:37pm

On what days?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:37pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:33pm:

Spot

https://media.giphy.com/media/ypX8YZszkIXFC/source.gif

Greggery, after your foolish mischief, you obvioudly realise I have no choice!  No choice at all but to concrete over your blue star and punish you for being uncouth in class like that. Whatever has gotten into you, young lady???

Go and stand in the corner and think about whitefellas, this minute!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #54 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:38pm

Spot

If not confused you are just wrong have it how you like.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:41pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:38pm:

Spot

If not confused you are just wrong have it how you like.

So you want to get rid of the Upper House then?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #56 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:41pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:37pm:
On what days? 

Depends on the award but generally any day except for Sunday where overtime is generally paid at double time all day.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:42pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:37pm:
On what days? 

Depends on the award but generally any day except for Sunday where overtime is generally paid at double time all day.

BECAUSE Sunday is the seventh day, dunderklumpen!

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:44pm

PS:  711 sells coffees for $1.00 a cup, 24/7.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:57pm

Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print