Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Poll Says Too Much Immigration (Read 16280 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Poll Says Too Much Immigration
Reply #75 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:02pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 9:35pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 9:12pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 9:18am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:41am:
Walking around parts of Rockhampton, I am lulled into the thought that 99% of Australians are white and that our birth rates are well above replacement levels. Visiting places like Brisbane, as I did 10 years ago, I have the impression that Australia is 75% white and that people don't give relationships too much thought. I have not been to Sydney. But I hear that it is 66% white, and people are so self-absorbed that I cannot really consider that place to be a reflection of Australia.

Btw, Jasin, if you are reading this... migrants are the section of the Australian community that are having fewer children. I would have this impression that white Australia is still growing, whilst the non-white migrant and Australian born non-white community are just getting absorbed into white Australia or not breeding enough.

Actually in parts of Sydney and Melbourne you'd think you were in Asia or the ME.
BTW Muslim families have more children than non-muslim families.

We are simply importing people that will exacerbate the problem.  If we allow 1 million foreigners in here every 4 years  what outcome do you think we will have?  hmmmm.

Remember, Grendel. We're not against a multi-racial society with one unified culture.

Your point would be what?
That the facts I noted are wrong? Roll Eyes

You said "Actually in parts of Sydney and Melbourne, you'd think you were in Asia or the ME."

That shouldn't matter, should it? If the majority were assimilated into one culture??

Confused again it seems eh Auggie.

Yes it does matter we live in Australia a secular Western Democracy.  That is the basis of our culture remember.

Under multiculti there is no Assimilation.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Quote:

Really?  For example.....The Italians, the Greeks, the Chinese, the Vietnamese, the Lebanese....and you are not satisfied to allow time to do its thing.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #77 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:30pm

Do try to make a point and not start a guessing competition.

BTW... Yes they are all nationalities.

Italians are not Chinese and Chinese are not Australians etc, etc, etc...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:38pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:30pm:

Amazing revelation.  Thought we were discussing assimilation. 

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #79 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:50pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Why not rise up as a people and hijack all the resources flooding out of Queenslund and instead force the government there to build some manufacturing industry for those resources that will benefit you all??

Then bulldoze Rockie and start again...

Rockhampton is slowly but surely being bulldozed and renewed. It has actually changed its look in the last 15 years quite substantially.

I don't know what kind of industry we use as a resource that gets exported for cheap. Rockhampton is a mining hub for interior CQld. We do meat processing, railway, service industries, and not a great deal more. If we could get a recycling plant up and running and doing something to make material for money, then that would be something. Other than that, we are relying on a military base expansion for the United States army to use. Trying to get money that way.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #80 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:56pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:38pm:

Under a pure assimilation, we would not have multiculturalism. However, assimilation would imply a loyalty to the country in which they live. We might make new migrants assimilate to a certain point. But we cannot force someone to abandon EVERY part of their old heritage.

For example, a Croatian migrant might barrack for Croatia in the soccer, whilst he is living in Australia. But his children might barrack for Australia and/or Croatia in the soccer. Though, their children (the Croatian migrant's grandchildren) would probably go for AFL, rugby, league, or cricket and not consider their Croatian heritage too much, except whenever granddad comes around for Summer Solstice celebration festivities -- I happen to be thinking 40 years into the future.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #81 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:56pm:

Under a pure assimilation, we would not have multiculturalism. However, assimilation would imply a loyalty to the country in which they live. We might make new migrants assimilate to a certain point. But we cannot force someone to abandon EVERY part of their old heritage.

For example, a Croatian migrant might barrack for Croatia in the soccer, whilst he is living in Australia. But his children might barrack for Australia and/or Croatia in the soccer. Though, their children (the Croatian migrant's grandchildren) would probably go for AFL, rugby, league, or cricket and not consider their Croatian heritage too much, except whenever granddad comes around for Summer Solstice celebration festivities -- I happen to be thinking 40 years into the future.

What about a half Croat half Serb? He'd always be trying to kill himself!

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:44pm

No and no we weren't discussing anything. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #83 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:19pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:56pm:

What about a half Croat half Serb? He'd always be trying to kill himself!

You would wonder what it was that got his mum and dad together to the point that he was born.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #84 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:43pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
Walking around parts of Rockhampton, I am lulled into the thought that 99% of Australians are white and that our birth rates are well above replacement levels. Visiting places like Brisbane, as I did 10 years ago, I have the impression that Australia is 75% white and that people don't give relationships too much thought. I have not been to Sydney. But I hear that it is 66% white, and people are so self-absorbed that I cannot really consider that place to be a reflection of Australia.

Btw, Jasin, if you are reading this... migrants are the section of the Australian community that are having fewer children. I would have this impression that white Australia is still growing, whilst the non-white migrant and Australian born non-white community are just getting absorbed into white Australia or not breeding enough.

Actually in parts of Sydney and Melbourne you'd think you were in Asia or the ME.

We are simply importing people that will exacerbate the problem.  If we allow 1 million foreigners in here every 4 years  what outcome do you think we will have?  hmmmm.

Remember, Grendel. We're not against a multi-racial society with one unified culture.

You said "Actually in parts of Sydney and Melbourne, you'd think you were in Asia or the ME."

That shouldn't matter, should it? If the majority were assimilated into one culture??

Yes it does matter we live in Australia a secular Western Democracy.  That is the basis of our culture remember.

That wasn't the issue, Grendel. You're obfuscating. You said that you had an issue 'with certain communities looking like Asia or the ME. It wouldn't matter if they were just Australians with a different racial complexion, would it? Because if it did, then that would make you wacist.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:43pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:02pm:

That wasn't the issue, Grendel. You're obfuscating. You said that you had an issue 'with certain communities looking like Asia or the ME. It wouldn't matter if they were just Australians with a different racial complexion, would it? Because if it did, then that would make you wacist.

Not me I don't obfuscate you must mean bwian.
if you choose to be an Idiot.... this is what I said...
Which has nothing to do with RACISM...
YOU NEED TO APOLOGISE. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Seems to me YOU are so easily confused on this subject... I don't care, but don't lie about me like bwian does.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #86 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:32pm

Multiculturalism has failed: let’s cut immigration, refugee intake

Sherry Sufi
The Australian
12:00AM July 16, 2018

John Howard, as prime minister, removed references to multiculturalism when he renamed the Department of Immigration more than a decade ago. His critics wondered, what’s in a name? The issue wasn’t the term but the principle that underlies it.

There have been two multicultural experiments in history. The first was empires. That failed. The second is mass immigration. That’s on the verge of failure.

Empires were still around last century, but due to constant wars they didn’t have fixed borders. In defeat, the borders shrank; in victory, they expanded. New territory meant absorbing new nations. This meant constant shifts in demographics. Tensions led to strife between people.

Jewish struggles for independence against the Roman Empire more than 2000 years ago show how ancient is the human desire for self-preservation. From the Maccabean Revolt before Jesus Christ to the Bar Kokhba revolt after him, Jewish people had long sought independence. It took until 1948 to be free at last.

The Ottoman Empire ruled over Macedonians, Albanians, Bulgars, Greeks, Arabs, Jews and Armenians among others, but the rulers were Turks. It crumbled after World War I.

The British Empire ruled three-quarters of the planet. India was once its “jewel in the crown”. Despite his British education, Mahatma Gandhi led a nonviolent ­revolt to oust India’s British rulers.

The Soviet Union was the last to crumble, as late as the 1990s. Estonians, Lithuanians, Georgians, Kazakhs, Uzbeks and a dozen other nations were brought together under one state, but their rulers were Russians. The Soviet Union is gone.

The age of empires was over. What replaced it was the nation state. Empires over two centuries broke down into independent countries with their own flags, anthems, emblems and jurisdictions.

Unlike shrinking and expanding empires that underwent constant demographic shifts, nation states have demarcated borders. Where Spain ends, Portugal starts. Where India ends, Pakistan starts. Where the US ends, Mexico starts.

This grand tessellation of nations remains the formula for the 193 UN member states. Global consensus supports it on the basis that each and every nation has the right to sovereignty and self-preservation. But mass immigration undermines the nation state. Non-Western countries understand this and choose to opt out accordingly. Yet the West continues to participate in this second multicultural experiment.

Our academic and political elites often remind us that absorbing more people is “good for the economy” because of more lower-skilled workers, higher gross domestic product and cheap labour. Although tendentious at best, even if this were construed as a net benefit, the reality is that this ­motivation is driven by an unrelenting guilt from our colonial past.

What seems like rational policy is actually based on emotion. Mass immigration defeats the whole point of nation states replacing empires. Instead of transcending tribalistic tendencies, mass immigration provides the seedbed for inter-ethnic hostilities and re-­creates the conflict-prone environments of imperial times. Except back then, the rulers came to the ruled by force. Today the ruled come to the rulers by choice.

Nowhere are conflicted loyalties more pronounced than in the case of imams within Australia’s Muslim community who waste disproportionate amounts of time complaining about imaginary “white privilege”, “racism” and “Islamophobia”. In 2015, for example, the grand mufti of Australia said racism and Islamophobia were the “causative factors” behind terrorism in Australia.

Despite the obvious fact that Islam is not a race, such misguided claims seem all too common among mainstream Islamic leaders. If their efforts were spent combating the conspiracy theories about the US and Israel that continue to paralyse Muslim public opinion, they would do more to stop terrorism than anything a government policy could accomplish.

The Romans were pagan, the Ottomans were Muslim, the Brits were Christian and the Soviets were communist. The first multicultural experiment failed for all equally. No societal framework can sustain itself for long if it ends up becoming a laboratory of ­conflicted loyalties. Australia still participates in the second experiment. It’s time to opt out.

There is a time and place to appreciate diversity and to be charitable to those from beyond our shores. Australia has been, and still is, one of the most generous nations on earth to immigrants from all walks of life.

But as the age-old adage goes: charity begins at home. Self-preservation comes first. The way forward is to scale back our annual intake of legal immigrants from 190,000 to half that.

The reduced intake should be from regions with compatible values and goals.

Our refugee intake should also be scaled back from 13,750 to half that, with a focus on those most in need. Resettling the victims of hate crimes from the rural carnage in South Africa should remain a priority, for example.

pt 1.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 3:33pm

pt 2.

There should be a temporary freeze on intake from countries with populations hostile to the West. Skills shortages in the workforce should be overcome through renewed focus on training and ­apprenticeships for unemployed Australians first. We have plenty of eager young women and men willing to gain experience; we don’t need to outsource our jobs overseas.

These are among the key ideas set to be debated at the West Australian Liberal Party’s annual state conference in Perth next month. No doubt, Howard knew there was more to multiculturalism than a mere term. The underlying principle was as complex and problematic in his times as it remains in ours. It’s high time we did something about it.

The only party against mass migration and multiculturalism is PHON...

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #88 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:33pm

The problem is not immigration.

The problem is the quality of immigrant we are getting now.

Dole budging, parasitic, twisted, thieving, violent, barbaric non-contributing cultists are no good for any country.

They are now being recognised all over the world, and I can attest to this, as worthless and nothing but trouble where ever they infect the country they can.

The US don't want them, Sweden don't want them, Finland don't want them, The French don't want them,  most Germans don't want them China won't have them.

The PLAGUE has been seen for what it is.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
The problem is not immigration.

The problem is the quality of immigrant we are getting now.

Dole budging, parasitic, twisted, thieving, violent, barbaric non-contributing cultists are no good for any country.

They are now being recognised all over the world, and I can attest to this, as worthless and nothing but trouble where ever they infect the country they can.

The US don't want them, Sweden don't want them, Finland don't want them, The French don't want them,  most Germans don't want them China won't have them.

The PLAGUE has been seen for what it is.

I disagree....  Immigration especially in large numbers under the policy of Multiculti IS indeed the Problem

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Send Topic Print