Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Poll Says Too Much Immigration (Read 16296 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Poll Says Too Much Immigration
Reply #15 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:01pm

freediver wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:05am:
I have seen several articles in the mainstream media over the last few years highlight the fact that immigration is masking our true economic performance. GDP is going up, only because of immigration. Per capita GDP is actually going down slightly.

Immigrants are being used as bank fodder to fuel the economy with borrowed money so the gov doesn't have to borrow it themselves. Like all ponzi schemes they eventually blow up in the end !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:09pm

The country doesn't have the infrastructure to sustain the present levels of immigration. Considering that probably 80% plus of the place is uninhabitable, the rest is very much overpopulated.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:30pm

Grin

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:37pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:30pm:

They didn't ask if you had a criminal record. They sent you out no questions asked.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:39pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:37pm:

They didn't ask if you had a criminal record. They sent you out no questions asked.

You took it seriously.....ah, takes all sorts....

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:39pm:

Why did I make a joke about it then. I love my convict ancestry. Most aussies do.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #21 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:42pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm:

Why did I make a joke about it then. I love my convict ancestry. Most aussies do.

Not all?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:44pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:42pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm:

Not all?

Why wouldn't they? Those convicts set the platform for the whole country. Australia was bush when they started working.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:09pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:01pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:05am:
I have seen several articles in the mainstream media over the last few years highlight the fact that immigration is masking our true economic performance. GDP is going up, only because of immigration. Per capita GDP is actually going down slightly.

Immigrants are being used as bank fodder to fuel the economy with borrowed money so the gov doesn't have to borrow it themselves. Like all ponzi schemes they eventually blow up in the end !

It's the opposite of a ponzi scheme. When the market crashes, those people will still be here, paying for rent and groceries and selling dim sims. The real downside is that we loose the best thing about this country - all the empty space.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:20pm

Western Sydney where I live is bursting at the seems now. The traffic is terrible. I doesn't help things when immigrants are all living in the same places. I believe the social engineers believed that immigrants would spread out. All that has happened is that the immigrants have moved in and the white people have spread out. Labor love it because they are guaranteed of winning high migrant seats.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:22pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:20pm:
Western Sydney where I live is bursting at the seems now. The traffic is terrible. I doesn't help things when immigrants are all living in the same places. I believe the social engineers believed that immigrants would spread out. All that has happened is that the immigrants have moved in and the white people have spread out. Labor love it because they are guaranteed of winning high migrant seats.

Remember, no matter how bad it is, it can always get worse. You still live in paradise compared to most people on earth.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:25pm

freediver wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:22pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:20pm:

Remember, no matter how bad it is, it can always get worse. You still live in paradise compared to most people on earth.

I do realise that FD. Many migrants are lovely people. It's the dickheads that give them a bad name. It's the culture clashes that are hard to deal with. Indians are generally stoney faced sneaks. I'm not too fond of them. I find arabs generally nicer people than Indians believe it or not.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 4:16pm

One Nation have been saying that and more from the beginning

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #28 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:31am

Imrah wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
I read last week somewhere that 66% of our population growth last financial year was from immigration.  I think that Darwin would prefer a population diversify by more like around 10% for the most successful adaptation to our changing environment.  Growth is for capitalists.  Darwin said nature does not move in jet airplanes.

Considering the birth rate is below the replacement rate, 66% of our population growth being from immigration is something we need not fret. If women averaged 2.1 children per woman, our population growth rate would only account immigration as being 10%.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:41am

Walking around parts of Rockhampton, I am lulled into the thought that 99% of Australians are white and that our birth rates are well above replacement levels. Visiting places like Brisbane, as I did 10 years ago, I have the impression that Australia is 75% white and that people don't give relationships too much thought. I have not been to Sydney. But I hear that it is 66% white, and people are so self-absorbed that I cannot really consider that place to be a reflection of Australia.

Btw, Jasin, if you are reading this... migrants are the section of the Australian community that are having fewer children. I would have this impression that white Australia is still growing, whilst the non-white migrant and Australian born non-white community are just getting absorbed into white Australia or not breeding enough.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print