Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Poll Says Too Much Immigration (Read 16278 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Re: Poll Says Too Much Immigration
Reply #135 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:59pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:42pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:12pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 9:59pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 9:56pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 9:13pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:57pm:
So Auggie, interesting name you picked...  why?

The original Auggie was Caesar Augustus and was more interested in politics than SJW causes.

Really? How so?

It wasn't that long ago you joined, go back and read your posts.

edit: I could be wrong but I believe your introductory post said you were on the right.

I honestly don't remember.

I do concede that I moved further toward the right, but now I'm swinging back to the Left, trying to find my place.

By the way, what do you have against Social Justice? Do you think it's a bad thing?

I think that as an ideology it sucks. There are so many things that need work that worrying about someones "feelings" pales into insignificance. I don't care about you or most people's "feelings". Identity politics suck hairy donkey balls. I'm almost of the opinion that we need a war to make these softcocks realise what really matters and make them work with the rest of us rather than undermine our society. No, I'm not in favour of war but sometimes I think that is what it would take to make dim witted SJWs see reality.

edit: Are you triggered yet? Grin

I know the old 'Rightist' rhetoric of 'facts don't care about your feelings'. Unfortunately, life's a bit come complicated than that.

For e.g. are you more likely or less likely to gain support for policies if you go around offending people?

Is hate speech more likely to less likely to motivate people to become violent??

That wouldn't be a problem but you lefties are  so easily offended.

Really? Did hate speech play a role in fomenting jealous and hatred toward Jews in Nazi Germany? Or were the Germans already Jew-haters??

The Jews held the German economy in their hands while people were starving. That's where the hate speech permeated.

Your analysis of the 1930's German economy is once again juvenile.

No, the Jews didn't hold the Germany economy; if they did, don't you think they would've used their economic power to stop the Nazis.

The hate speech motivated people to hate Jews and blame them. It's a vicious cycle.

The point I'm making is that hate speech starts when enough people are not satisfied with something. Certain Jews did hold immense wealth in depression era Germany and innocent Jews  got caught up in it. A lesson to governments- if you don't want racism in Australia  then re-think filling up our country with immigrants with the publics consent. People are angry about certain things and immigration is one of them.

People are never satisfied; they (and politicians will always blame someone for the country's problems. Hate speech CAN (being the operative word here) motivate and inspire people to commit malicious acts.

Regarding your second point: first the Jews weren't immigrants to Germany. They'd been there for centuries and were as German as the Kaiser.

Next, you're now saying that it's governments' fault for 'letting in migrants' to a country and completing absolving people of responsibility for their own actions. Most people have throughout history been able to comfortably adapt to a multiculturalism, and in this global age it's almost imperative.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:00pm

The discussion on mass immigration is long overdue for discussion. Labor love it because immigrants usually vote Labor. The business world loves it because a desperate worker is a good worker and it drives down wages. The ordinary working stiff sees no benefit at all. Their neighbourhoods change and become congested. Then people get frustrated and irrational  because they aren't being heard. And then comes the hate speech. Hate speech is a symptom of a bigger disease. Leaders need to start listening. It needs to be talked about.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #137 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:05pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
The discussion on mass immigration is long overdue for discussion. Labor love it because immigrants usually vote Labor. The business world loves it because a desperate worker is a good worker and it drives down wages. The ordinary working stiff sees no benefit at all. Their neighbourhoods change and become congested. Then people get frustrated and irrational  because they aren't being heard. And then comes the hate speech. Hate speech is a symptom of a bigger disease. Leaders need to start listening. It needs to be talked about.

The issue with immigration seems to be that it's not managed correctly. Having migrants flocked to the bigger cities probably isn't a great idea.

I would be open to actually preventing migrants from working in Sydney and Melbourne, and confining them, temporarily to other cities.

The smaller cities could accommodate migrants more easily than the bigger cities.

The Government should re-line Sydney and Melbourne for 10 years. If they want to visit, they can, but they can't work there or live their for a prolonged period of time.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:05pm:

The issue with immigration seems to be that it's not managed correctly. Having migrants flocked to the bigger cities probably isn't a great idea.

I would be open to actually preventing migrants from working in Sydney and Melbourne, and confining them, temporarily to other cities.

The smaller cities could accommodate migrants more easily than the bigger cities.

The Government should re-line Sydney and Melbourne for 10 years. If they want to visit, they can, but they can't work there or live their for a prolonged period of time.

How can you tell migrants where to live? Because they didn't take note of where new migrant groups went they let ethnic districts emerge. Migrants want to live with their own kind. They don't want to live out in the country surrounded by aussies. Like you alluded to- people are angry because it hasn't been planned properly and is too much too fast.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #139 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:12pm:

How can you tell migrants where to live? Because they didn't take note of where new migrant groups went they let ethnic districts emerge. Migrants want to live with their own kind. They don't want to live out in the country surrounded by aussies. Like you alluded to- people are angry because it hasn't been planned properly and is too much too fast.

I simply came up with that idea at the top of my head. I don't know how it would or if it would work in reality. I know that some countries require citizens to live and work in the capital/large city, but I don't know how it would work in Australia.

I think it's better to have migrants live in Australia in a community of not their choosing, than to reject them; and I'm sure that migrants would prefer that too.

I see your point though: more planning is required to accommodate employment, housing etc. I think that red lining the big cities could be an interesting idea.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:29pm

Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:19pm:

I simply came up with that idea at the top of my head. I don't know how it would or if it would work in reality. I know that some countries require citizens to live and work in the capital/large city, but I don't know how it would work in Australia.

I think it's better to have migrants live in Australia in a community of not their choosing, than to reject them; and I'm sure that migrants would prefer that too.

I see your point though: more planning is required to accommodate employment, housing etc. I think that red lining the big cities could be an interesting idea.
If you want migrants to live in regional areas then you need farming/mining type people. Because that's what they mostly do out there. Indians for instance drive taxis and do factory work etc. They come from big cities. Many of these low skilled migrants they are bringing out here would end up back in the cities even if forced to move out there . Australia needs to be more choosy. People are migrating out here and becoming uber drivers. We don't need these people.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #141 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
Auggie wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:19pm:

If you want migrants to live in regional areas then you need farming/mining type people. Because that's what they mostly do out there. Indians for instance drive taxis and do factory work etc. They come from big cities. Many of these low skilled migrants they are bringing out here would end up back in the cities even if forced to move out there . Australia needs to be more choosy. People are migrating out here and becoming uber drivers. We don't need these people.

They're becoming Uber drivers because we don't recognise their qualifications. Many of these taxi drivers have a high education in their own country. But, because we want to make money, we force them to study again.

Many of the Punjabi immigrants could work on farms; they're mostly rural aren't they?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #142 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 10:01pm

In order to ensure that qualified overseas professionals meet Australian standards for certification, they need to be scrutinised close up and receive remedial training before being turned loose on the public... plenty of examples of malpractice by foreign trained doctors etc...

Yes, Effendi - I was local dentist, farrier, and camel pile removal surgeon in my village............ in spare time doubled as help for midwife.... no harder than remove camel piles ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:31pm

When I had to Vet applicants for jobs in IT, we had many from the Philippines, many included Uni certificates for various degrees etc and they didn't even have the same name on them as the applicant.  Sometimes they were not even the same sex. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:45pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
When I had to Vet applicants for jobs in IT, we had many from the Philippines, many included Uni certificates for various degrees etc and they didn't even have the same name on them as the applicant.  Sometimes they were not even the same sex. Roll Eyes

There are some strange naming customs in the Philippines.

What appears on the testamur would probably be their legal name.

On a job application, and elsewhere, they probably use their "street" name.

And, the sex of the graduate doesn't appear on a university testamur.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:57pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:45pm:

Oh dear here he comes MR excuse.... 
No gweggy I am quite aware and capable of doing my job thanks.
I never said the sex appeared on the certificate, nice try...  but
FAIL.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:58pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:57pm:

FAIL.

So what did you mean by this?

"Sometimes they were not even the same sex."

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:58pm:

FAIL.

gee , I don't know what do YOU think I meant...

That the name on the certificate didn't match the name on the application and one was male and one was female perhaps? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:19pm

Grendel wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:58pm:

FAIL.

gee , I don't know what do YOU think I meant...

That the name on the certificate didn't match the name on the application and one was male and one was female perhaps? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I've given you a perfectly reasonable explanation of why the names might not match.

Moreover, names don't have a sex.

They're just words.

However, for the sake of your argument, what "sex" are these names, for example?

- Kim

- Alex

- Chris

- Drew

- Glenn

- Jamie

- Jesse

- Kelly

- Pat

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #149 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 5:14pm

Another thread hijacked by the troll.

I have seen the same as you.
Overseas " certificates" are quite often rubbish.
I had an "Electrical engineer" from India, apply for a job and i was on the selection committee.

I asked a simple question which required a very basic understanding of Ohms law.
He didn't know OHMS law or how to apply it.

These creeps buy qualifications, read a bit and wing it.
Seen it too many times
All overseas applicants should have top pass the final year exams before they can claim qualifications.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Send Topic Print