Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Poll Says Too Much Immigration (Read 16277 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Poll Says Too Much Immigration
Jun 30th, 2018 at 6:51pm

By Brooke Rolfe For Daily Mail Australia
03:02 AEST, 20 June 2018

For the first time in history the majority of Australians believe there are too many  immigrants entering the country, according to social research figures.
Nearly 55 per cent out of 1200 people thought the number of migrants coming to Australia was 'too high', in data collected by Social Research Centre in Melbourne.
Results from surveys carried out between March 5 and 25 revealed not everyone was happy with economic and social implications migrants were having on the country.

Research has revealed Australians believe there are too many immigrants entering the country.They showed points for dissatisfaction were up 14 points since last year and a staggering 17 points since 2014. 
About 10 per cent of people said it was 'too low', which was about the same amount as it was in 2014 and slightly down from about 18 per cent last year.
Immigration had not met the planned amount of 190,000 for the current financial year, with numbers still hanging significantly down.

Debate was recently sparked by New South Wales Labor leader Luke Foley who controversially highlighted a 'white flight' trend bought about by migrant families.
He was referring to low-income migrants forcing Anglo families out of affordable housing areas in Sydney's western suburbs.
Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton argued Labor was no longer an advocate for 'middle Australia' after it rejected a motion proposed by Conservatives senator Cory Bernardi.
'They voted to reject the notion that Australia's immigration program should operate in the interests of all Australians,' Mr Dutton told The Australian.

'They are captured by the radical left of their party.'
The motion called on the government to review migrant intake levels and to make sure it had no detrimental impacts on the economic, social or security interests of locals.
A separate Lowy Institute poll also found Australians to have the lowest level of trust in the United States ever recorded, with a 28 point fall since 2011 marked by a narrow majority of 55 per cent saying they trust the country to 'act responsibly'.
Nearly three quarters of Australians think the government has allowed too much investment from China, up from just 56 per cent in 2014.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Poll Says Too Much Immigration
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:00pm

I read last week somewhere that 66% of our population growth last financial year was from immigration.  I think that Darwin would prefer a population diversify by more like around 10% for the most successful adaptation to our changing environment.  Growth is for capitalists.  Darwin said nature does not move in jet airplanes.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:08pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
I read last week somewhere that 66% of our population growth last financial year was from immigration.  I think that Darwin would prefer a population diversify by more like around 10% for the most successful adaptation to our changing environment.  Growth is for capitalists.  Darwin said nature does not move in jet airplanes.

Link.

Quote:
Over the year, net overseas migration rose by 250,100 people, accounting for 63.2% of Australia’s total population growth.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:11pm

The poll is right.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
Imrah wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:00pm:

Link.

Quote:
Over the year, net overseas migration rose by 250,100 people, accounting for 63.2% of Australia’s total population growth.

Thank you for the gracious clarifications, Aussie, and happy Saturday.  ABC rounded it to 2/3rds.  They are not big on the addps over there.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Johnnie wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
The poll is right.

Yes.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:58am

Thousands every day, its out of control, drown them.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 1:02am

Kill their kids

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:33am

Well that's a no brainer.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:05am

I have seen several articles in the mainstream media over the last few years highlight the fact that immigration is masking our true economic performance. GDP is going up, only because of immigration. Per capita GDP is actually going down slightly.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:05am

Grin Grin Grin

Proof that the WHITE MALE is a weak 'spermer'.
To keep the population of this part of the world ticking over - white women need more genetic diversification of sperm to fertilise their eggs, if they are to become the ALPHA BREEDING FEMALES here.

The White Race is struggling here already!
Most of it is AGED with nothing but little white fluffy dogs for grand-kids.
Most of the Rural kids are all 'junkies'.
3/4 of BIG city populations a NON-white.
The Sperm Bank in Albury is crying out for Sperm donors - most which are now coming in as Indian/Pakis.
Because white race can't BREED naturally - they need IVF's, etc.

Sydney is full of Asians
Melbourne culturally serves 'Asia' (with its Sport).
Both cities 'betray' white Australians like a total sell out and yet the Media bases its 'Australianism' upon them both.

Face it - your White Anglo Saxon race is a defunct, old, child-less, junkie/drunk, minority living in an Aged Care Facility surrounded by non-whites.

White is a 'physically' inferior manifestation here in Australia.

...funny how 'white' NZ'ers can outbreed all other races, even the 'yellow' pineapple Maori Polynesians too  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #11 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:38am

1200 people? Come on . . ..

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:10am

INFERIOR WHITE RACE

Dr Mengele would be ashamed!  Grin

Gay white Race of Australia: where the women are liberated more towards being millionaires (Reinhart), Culturally Superior (Quentin Bryce) & Power-mongerers (Gillard) ...while the men are left playing with themselves down by a billabong (surrounded by sheep).
Grin Grin Grin Grin

White Australia: Being out-bred and multi-cultured  Grin Grin Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:48am

It is absurd to continue to fill the major city centres with what are often the dregs of their own society.  Unfortunately, everyone in the world is NOT equal or similar in outlook, as shown clearly by the never-ending rise of organised ethnic crime gangs, who essentially view the law with contempt.

The entire aim of this is to continue the senseless spiral to nowhere of never-ending building and construction, which is far from a tax-paying venture in many ways, and does not install long-term infrastructure for the nation.  Even my son, who is in the building trades, says the only reason he gets to much work and money is because it is the only game in town.

As usual - I say to make hay while the sun shines, and put your money where it counts in the long term.

The other issue is immigration mix and what useful purpose these people are being put to as a way of earning their spurs here.  Long-term solid infrastructure projects should be the norm, not just packing them like sardines into the major city centres, and destroying the lifestyle and character of the Australian Way.

Working on infrastructure instead of lounging around on pensions and unemployment benefits while assuming that this is a 'basic pay' just for being here and helping this nation out by bringing to it various and sundry views including political and religious ones, is not a useful way to deal with and integrate immigrants.

They should be put to work in the gulags where arbeit will macht them frei, and if they develop criminal or radical attitudes towards/against this nation, they are either shipped out or sent to Devil's Island for the term of their natural life to work out their issues in isolation.

Besides - we don't want to end up in the same situation as Britain - so overcrowded that when all falls down, millions will perish, many from savage fighting between different groups.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2018 at 11:06am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 11:08am

freediver wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:05am:
I have seen several articles in the mainstream media over the last few years highlight the fact that immigration is masking our true economic performance. GDP is going up, only because of immigration. Per capita GDP is actually going down slightly.

Thats why politicians and businesses want our high population growth to continue. Business want the extra customers that a high population growth produces.

The reason most people in the poll want a reduction in immigration is that our infrastructure is not keeping up with this population growth.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print