Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
What are you watching? (Read 6589 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: What are you watching?
Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:21pm

I have seen season 1 & 2. Some comments here.

The religious right seizing control, create a dystopia.

“We taught them (females) to read. We won’t make that mistake again!”

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:35pm

itis dark agnes very dark    anything to make men look bad... and women look stooopid....no thanks...miserable long faces   and women treated worse than cattle....

you can see by monks remark... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its how he thinks  and wishes the world was really like that...

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #32 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:54pm

If that was true I would have called it a utopia.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:59am

cods wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:35pm:
itis dark agnes very dark    anything to make men look bad... and women look stooopid....no thanks...miserable long faces   and women treated worse than cattle....

you can see by monks remark... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its how he thinks  and wishes the world was really like that...

I should have asked you first cods- even the one episode I saw was one epsiode too many  Undecided disturbing-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #34 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 1:50am

See this:

“We taught them (females) to read. We won’t make that mistake again!”

That is a Q U O T E , a quote from an episode.

My comments are not in quotes.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #35 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 1:51am

“anything to make men look bad... and women look stooopid”

That is not what the Handmaid’s Tale is about at all.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 8:29am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 1:51am:
“anything to make men look bad... and women look stooopid”

That is not what the Handmaid’s Tale is about at all.

what is it about then.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #37 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:42am

A dystopia, nuclear war or major nuclear accident (not specified in the book) leads to the religious right killing the POTUS & members of Congress, set up religious republic of Gilead in big part of what is US now.

Patriarchy set up, religious “commanders” as they are called form the ruling council, women are forbidden to read. Problem of human reproduction. Fertile women are rounded up and given a choice—work on removing nuclear contaminated soil or agree to bear children for the commanders—it is said the wives of the commanders are sterile, it is actually the Commanders who are but you don’t say that in a patriarchy! The rule of the theocracy is maintained by rather vicious armed Guards and Eyes (spies on the populace.)

The tale follows the life of June (Offred, the pronoun “of” and the name of the commander, Fred Waterford) as she is trained by the “Aunts” for her role then her life in the Waterford household incl the sex with the Commander until she escapes and writes her Tail.

It is a warning of the power of the religious right who resent women being educated, able to live their life their way not the religious right’s way etc.

Is it dark? Well, yes, it is a DYStopia. To say the attitudes of the patriarchy are my attitudes is REALLY offensive, nothing in my posting history here and in my fine forum or in our email correspondence can lead you to say they are my attitudes. That was a rotten thing to say, cods!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #38 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:45am

Have a look at this thread

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:25pm

At the moment I am rewatching odyssey 5. It was a scifi show that ran in the UK a long time ago and was cancelled so fast the last 6 episodes werent aired. I have the boxset which includes the 6 episodes but it still ends on a cliffhanger. Sad. Anyway its one of the bbest scifis i have seen.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #40 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:36pm

Agnes imploding and desiccating.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 2:19pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:42am:
A dystopia, nuclear war or major nuclear accident (not specified in the book) leads to the religious right killing the POTUS & members of Congress, set up religious republic of Gilead in big part of what is US now.

Patriarchy set up, religious “commanders” as they are called form the ruling council, women are forbidden to read. Problem of human reproduction. Fertile women are rounded up and given a choice—work on removing nuclear contaminated soil or agree to bear children for the commanders—it is said the wives of the commanders are sterile, it is actually the Commanders who are but you don’t say that in a patriarchy! The rule of the theocracy is maintained by rather vicious armed Guards and Eyes (spies on the populace.)

The tale follows the life of June (Offred, the pronoun “of” and the name of the commander, Fred Waterford) as she is trained by the “Aunts” for her role then her life in the Waterford household incl the sex with the Commander until she escapes and writes her Tail.

It is a warning of the power of the religious right who resent women being educated, able to live their life their way not the religious right’s way etc.

Is it dark? Well, yes, it is a DYStopia. To say the attitudes of the patriarchy are my attitudes is REALLY offensive, nothing in my posting history here and in my fine forum or in our email correspondence can lead you to say they are my attitudes. That was a rotten thing to say, cods!

who is in CONTROL OF THE RELIGIOUS POWER?...

Quote:
No, I was just angry that she made that cheap shot, especially as we had a fair bit of email correspondence so she would know Gilead is not my ideal!

strange yet you rushed out on mothras recommendations to buy the book so you could coak it up.....and you seem to believe every word mothra says....well you agree with her... especially when she in full flight about ozpol and its members...

yum yum.. so delish taking pot shooting at cods and agnes....where would you be without us??.. Wink Wink

I bet your little empire would dry up without ozpol and PA...to rubbish....

if we said half the things about you and yours   you would be hysterical....

you were and you have agreed with mothra through this black saga....you cant deny that.....so whos calling you out????..

btw you called me a witch.....amongst a few NASTY other things....so what you cracking up about?

tell agnes about the women working in the fields... Sad

are they slaves or what?.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 2:20pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:36pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin thats monk havent your read his page yet...

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #43 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 2:32pm

cods wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 2:20pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:36pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin thats monk havent your read his page yet...

Cods frolicking. The sun is over the yardarm.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 2:53pm by Unforgiven »  

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #44 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 3:18pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 9:42am:

and you just thought you would rise above all that and call her a vile bitch -  you sychophantic gimp- you deserve everything you get-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print