Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
What are you watching? (Read 6743 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: What are you watching?
Reply #15 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:58am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:15am:
Grendel wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:06am:
Dexter is one of the best shows to come out of the US.
Wire in the Blood one of the best from the UK.

But Game of Thrones is absolutely unmissable...

Sanity was doing those 2 for $40 deals with all the seasons 1 to 6 for Game of Thrones. I managed to collect all of them for $96 (20% off for orders over $100). Took me 2 months to watch the entire series. Then we all did the wait for season 7 to air. After that, probably 6 months for the series to come out on dvd. But then there was another 4 months to wait until the series was eligible to be part of the 2 for $40 deals Sanity had been doing since 2016.

I still await VideoEzy to bring out an ex-rental blu ray for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Thank you for reminding me about Dexter.

Have heard Dexter is good and I got into Game of Thrones late about Episode 6- I loved it at once- but Kit Harrison disappointed not standing up to the  Queen Cersi and effectively  emasculating himself-and at only 5ft 9 too short- yes height does matter- the coupling with the Dragon queen was pathetic after all the build up- the whole story went to shyt in that the pacing was way off and the finale was banal- did not really leave me wanting to see the next season - they botched it well and truly

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #16 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:18pm

West World was very good and there is another season coming- well worth watching

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:23pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 6:44pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:50am:
Jasin wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:58pm:
I can see now why I've hardly watched any TV in years.  Roll Eyes

I thought it was because you live in an old van.......

The lifestyle sure does help one ...with 'reality'  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 7:43pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:58am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:15am:
Grendel wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:06am:
Dexter is one of the best shows to come out of the US.
Wire in the Blood one of the best from the UK.

But Game of Thrones is absolutely unmissable...

Sanity was doing those 2 for $40 deals with all the seasons 1 to 6 for Game of Thrones. I managed to collect all of them for $96 (20% off for orders over $100). Took me 2 months to watch the entire series. Then we all did the wait for season 7 to air. After that, probably 6 months for the series to come out on dvd. But then there was another 4 months to wait until the series was eligible to be part of the 2 for $40 deals Sanity had been doing since 2016.

I still await VideoEzy to bring out an ex-rental blu ray for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Thank you for reminding me about Dexter.

Have heard Dexter is good and I got into Game of Thrones late about Episode 6- I loved it at once- but Kit Harrison disappointed not standing up to the  Queen Cersi and effectively  emasculating himself-and at only 5ft 9 too short- yes height does matter- the coupling with the Dragon queen was pathetic after all the build up- the whole story went to shyt in that the pacing was way off and the finale was banal- did not really leave me wanting to see the next season - they botched it well and truly

Been there since Season 1...  totally disagree with your opinion re the show and the last season etc.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #19 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:06pm

oh come on the last ep was thrown together adhoc- why the rush- why stuff up something that important - all the elements were there for a great finale so HOW did they botch that up- knowing we had to wait so long for the next season? I decided then and there if the was the best they could do I wasnt coming back to after such a long break- talk about messed up planning and production issues-? that said i guess i will take a peek at the next season - and they should give us more than one season extra as well and have heard it will come in the form of a long movie type format- ends need tying up- Cersi has to go to go- Kit Harrison has to grow another 6 inches and the white walkers what next for them- I think season 8 should be series of eps as has come before and maybe make it an extra long feature at the end
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:35pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:58pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:06pm:
oh come on the last ep was thrown together adhoc- why the rush- why stuff up something that important - all the elements were there for a great finale so HOW did they botch that up- knowing we had to wait so long for the next season? I decided then and there if the was the best they could do I wasnt coming back to after such a long break- talk about messed up planning and production issues-? that said i guess i will take a peek at the next season - and they should give us more than one season extra as well and have heard it will come in the form of a long movie type format- ends need tying up- Cersi has to go to go- Kit Harrison has to grow another 6 inches and the white walkers what next for them- I think season 8 should be series of eps as has come before and maybe make it an extra long feature at the end

Wow  Shocked Something different from someone who writes "What's your fav colour?" topics. She must be off the wine ...grammer and spelling still suck.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #21 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:26pm

"more better" is back with his grammar and punctuation bullshyt
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:52pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:37pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:18pm:
West World was very good and there is another season coming- well worth watching

Series?

Westworld is a movie from the '70s, starring Yul Brynner.

Was one of my favourites, when I was a kid.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:40pm

It must be a remake then  Greg- it was a wonderful series a couple years ago and season 2 just finished on HBO - seriously trying to get my hands on it- now that you have pointed that out will watch that movie for sure

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:54pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:40pm:
It must be a remake then  Greg- it was a wonderful series a couple years ago and season 2 just finished on HBO - seriously trying to get my hands on it- now that you have pointed that out will watch that movie for sure

I must have watched this 20 times when I was a kid.

I'll have to check Stan and Netflix for the series.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #25 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 2:05pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:54pm:

its not on either but I did find it just now on Putlocker ( the second season) and the first season would be there as well- I am so happy now that is my viewing sorted for the duration- and thanks for telling me about that movie- will watch it- if you watch it- enjoy- its good

http://putlockertv.ws/watch/kvXP9wve-westworld-season-2.html

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 6:40pm

Westworld stars Anthony Hopkins...  it aint bad.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #27 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 8:42am

Last night, I caught "Nightcrawler," an extremely well made movie about a sociopath who becomes a TV news video maker by turning up at horrific accidents. The script and acting are tight, and the camera work is really good. Its unlike the usual Hollywood thriller in that there is no good guy-bad guy dichotomy.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #28 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 8:53am

Agnes wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 2:05pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:54pm:

its not on either but I did find it just now on Putlocker ( the second season) and the first season would be there as well- I am so happy now that is my viewing sorted for the duration- and thanks for telling me about that movie- will watch it- if you watch it- enjoy- its good

http://putlockertv.ws/watch/kvXP9wve-westworld-season-2.html

Just like big Arnie in Dah Derminatah .. Yul Brynner was type cast as the robot... always admired his willingness to go bald shaven (God bless his pointy little head) and he had a great, sharp voice and 'steamy' eyes for the ladies ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #29 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 9:58pm

It's all over the internet atm- a Handmaids Tale- I tuned into episode one season one tonight and wow- I dont think I can watch this dark and oppressive series- anyone else seen it- that said it looks very good - not sure I will go any further though-

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:04pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print