Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How Do You Sleep At Night? (Read 4375 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: How Do You Sleep At Night?
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:04pm

Jasin wrote: "People don't like Trump because he is 'honest'."

I don't think that is the only reason people dislike Trump. I agree with him on immigration, NK and the UN. But I dislike him because he is a cretinous low-brow with no talent other than a very dubious business acumen. He's a sleazy misogynist, and he will sh1t all over the environment when he gets around to it. And I despise his excuse for English composition and dismal ability in public speaking.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:19pm

A wise man wrote that not everything walking around on two legs is human

Enormous efforts are underway to separate individuals' intuition from consciousness

Those individuals' intuition knows when it's confronted by the non-human, despite the non-human's solicitors claiming he/she suffers 'mental ill health', PTSD, damaging childhood, etc.  The Law is a shadow of what it was originally created for.  Result:  non-humans walk the earth.  They walk our streets.  We marry them.  They are parents, teachers, clergy, etc.  They are released to do more damage

Individuals want the non-humans removed from the gene-pool, from streets, from schools, from places of worship, from politics, etc

As long as majority real-humans retain their intuition and sense of right and wrong, your world will be reasonably safe

The day real-humans completely surrender their intuition and sense of right and wrong, your life and the lives of your loved-ones will be in danger and dire-straits

So judge not, sanctimonious OP.  Judge not

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:27pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:17am:
Hi Imrah (whoever you previously were?).

... at least I can look myself in the mirror - regardless if it is a 'win' or a 'loss'. I'm not afraid to lose as I really do have 'nothing' to lose, from being honest. People like me because I am honest. It's like 'trust'.

Thanks very much for all your replies since I passed out drunk for the second time this week, all alone on the forum at the end of the evening.  I went to the last bathroom call of the night singing *The Eagles' Take it to the limit coincidentally, just remembered.

I like those words, JaSin.  Largely what I was thinking yesterday when I started this rant.  Much the same question regarding the conscience.  One of the interesting things I have learned from having been told as a youngster to always be totally honest, is that nice guys don't finish last, honest guys finish last, (if they don't get crucified young). 

Politics & Honesty.  Not a good match judging from the nightly news.  + It might be asking a bit much for me to harangue a politics forum about honesty, isn't it?  Maybe this place is not such a sad cafe' after all.  Thanks.

* I am not as much of an Eagles fan as it might look from my lyrics this week, although my appreciation has grown since Harley Davidson did Europe on Tuesday.

+ excuse twisted grammar.  I'm in a silly mood this afternoon.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:41pm

I start on my left side, and usually turn a few times.

IBI

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:50pm

PZ547 wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:19pm:
The day real-humans completely surrender their intuition and sense of right and wrong, your life and the lives of your loved-ones will be in danger and dire-straits

So judge not, sanctimonious OP.  Judge not

You nailed it PZ.  Right where the aisle meets the trancepts.  Straight through my bleeding heart.  That was the exact reason I joined a politics forum that Saturday afternoon.  No wonder I get a little sanctimonious when I'm drunk.  Thanks for your insight.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 3:08pm

cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:48pm:
wanting and having are not the same thing...

I cannot think of a better bone of contention to dribble over on a sunny Friday afternoon, Cods.  You can't always get what you want.  By the same token, we don't always want what we get.  Personally, I prefer to have what I want, whether a physical, emotional, intellectual or spiritual need, (emotional needs are 99% wants), than to tolerate what I have been given. 

Thank you for such a profound question to lazily ponder over at the end of another thrilling week here at the forum.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 3:39pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
Jasin wrote: "People don't like Trump because he is 'honest'."

I don't think that is the only reason people dislike Trump. I agree with him on immigration, NK and the UN. But I dislike him because he is a cretinous low-brow with no talent other than a very dubious business acumen. He's a sleazy misogynist, and he will sh1t all over the environment when he gets around to it. And I despise his excuse for English composition and dismal ability in public speaking.

I'm with you. Trump reminds me of that Dain Ironfoot character (played by Billy Connelly) in the movie Hobbit (3rd). Tactless, unpleasant - mounted on a Pig ...but honest and dedicated to his 'America'. Not the bias of Africa, Asia & Europe ...which the Media seems to be.
He will 'fail' in the end, but he puts up one hell of a fight and is the true essence of the 'American' battler.

So who was Imrah previously?
Honest answers only  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:00pm

The meaning of 'have'.  There's a US Eng. meaning along the lines of, "I'll have my pool cleaner do the spa when she comes", which is a directive; ownership. 

I think that the Eng. Eng. meaning is about the idea of 'having' something happen to you; service. 

If in the course of my life, I have someone do unto me some thing, then that may be some thing which I want, or it may not.  Because someone does some thing to me which I do not want them to, it does not mean that I will necessarily sleep with a clear conscience the night after I retaliate out of vengeance.  All that does is make more gross misery in this world. 

Not meaning to evangelise but the Christian concept about turning the other cheek reflects Kant's categorical imperative depending on what angle one looks at them.  That is why I prefer to do unto others as I would hope that they do unto me, as I want it to be.  It builds more harmony and negates the geopolitical entropy, besides the fact that Jesus was allegedly onto it a long time ago before we even had The Internet.  Smart cookie that bloke.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:17pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

HA!  You can't win the lotto with no balls, JaSIn.  Imrah never knew this place existed until that Saturday Aussie told me how polite s/he was.
Sorry for calling you a girly-man last night, Aussie.  I was role-playing. Kiss

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:38pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

HA!  You can't win the lotto with no balls, JaSIn.  Imrah never knew this place existed until that Saturday Aussie told me how polite s/he was.

So, how did you find this place?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:52pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
Imrah wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

So, how did you find this place?

DuckDuckGo, but don't tell the NSA, promise? 

Mate?  Let us put yesterday behind us on a Friday afternoon and be friends next week.  The only allusion to any 'Lisa' I made was when I mentioned a young lady with sparkling blue eyes and a long blonde pony-tail.  She was tall and slender - athletic like a 400m medallist, but I didn't know that at the time.  I just remember that she stood out from the crowd because she wore a light-grey long skirt, (which was the winter girls' uniform there), and then she always wore a light-grey long-sleeved woollen jumper with a v-neck which had two slim stripes, gold and burgundy. 

They were not our school colours.  The jumper colour matched the colour of her hair and the colour of her bright blue eyes, and she sat next to me in grade one and she turned six when I was still only five.  I forget her birthday now, but her name was Lisa Jones.

You were confused last week, mate.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 5:55pm

Hey!  Aussie!  Hurry up and kiss me you layabout, I haven't got all night, you know!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 6:30pm

So, how did you find this place, "Imrah?"

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 7:47pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 6:30pm:

That means war, Aussie. 

Don't forget your aerogard.

Goodnight and Happy Dreams, Mate.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 7:49pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 7:47pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 6:30pm:

That means war, Aussie. 

Don't forget your aerogard.

Goodnight and Happy Dreams, Mate.