Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Film, Television, and Radio (Read 2071 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Film, Television, and Radio
Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:19am

What's with the above forum? It used to be about film, television and radio. Now, its become the moderators private soap-box.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Re: Film, Television, and Radio
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:48am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:19am:
What's with the above forum? It used to be about film, television and radio. Now, its become the moderators private soap-box.

It's peccary's way of promoting his own political views, whilst having the ability to remove any responses he doesn't agree with.......he can't do that on the 'Federal Politics' board.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:35pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:48am:

It's peccary's way of promoting his own political views, whilst having the ability to remove any responses he doesn't agree with.......he can't do that on the 'Federal Politics' board.

I thought he was a she ???

Mods shouldn't take part in the discussions that they are empowered to moderate.  It defeats the purpose of the entire subforum.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:40pm

Has he removed anything? What has he removed?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:40pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:35pm:

Mods shouldn't take part in the discussions that they are empowered to moderate.  It defeats the purpose of the entire subforum.

Why shouldnt he/she take part?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:53pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:40pm:

Spot

What has she removed?  Anything I wrote the first time I entered the Roseanne Barr discussion which did not fit Greggery's personal opinion.  That is why I won't waste my time in that subforum anymore. 

It is also unwise because any text you or I write there could be changed by the unscrupulous moderator and then reposted on twitter or somewhere still in your name or mine.  She likes to take screenshots of other peoples' texts.

---

Sir Spot, anyone who has to ask a question like that would not have the maturity to understand the reason.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 2:29pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 1:53pm:

Spot

What has she removed?  Anything I wrote the first time I entered the Roseanne Barr discussion which did not fit Greggery's personal opinion.  That is why I won't waste my time in that subforum anymore. 

It is also unwise because any text you or I write there could be changed by the unscrupulous moderator and then reposted on twitter or somewhere still in your name or mine.  She likes to take screenshots of other peoples' texts.

---

Sir Spot, anyone who has to ask a question like that would not have the maturity to understand the reason.

I used to be a member of another very busy forum and it was the moderators job to keep the discussions going (as well as keep it on topic etc). Nobody is going to want to be a mod of they cant take part in the topics especially if its a board they are passionate about. FD is the owner of this forum should he be allowed to post?

As for the deleting or editing of posts this is the first i have heard of it but as you can see from my tagline there are some who would do that. Somehow I doubt Greggory would have removed your posts unless they broke the rules in some way.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 2:31pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 2:29pm:

Spot

---

I used to be a member of another very busy forum and it was the moderators job to keep the discussions going (as well as keep it on topic etc). Nobody is going to want to be a mod of they cant take part in the topics especially if its a board they are passionate about. FD is the owner of this forum should he be allowed to post?

As for the deleting or editing of posts this is the first i have heard of it but as you can see from my tagline there are some who would do that. Somehow I doubt Greggory would have removed your posts unless they broke the rules in some way.

Spot

With respect, that's a bit on the 'flat-earth' side, Spot.  I see that there is no point wasting my time in this thread either.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:00pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 2:31pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 2:29pm:

Spot

---

Spot

With respect, that's a bit on the 'flat-earth' side, Spot.  I see that there is no point wasting my time in this thread either.

Flat earth? It is you that is putting forward the conspiracy theories.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print