Send Topic Print
Remember SOREN? (Read 2132 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Remember SOREN?
Jun 27th, 2018 at 11:16pm

I didn't visit this site for a long time, and in that period many familiar posters disappeared, like the always kind and polite Locutius, and the amazingly well informed and helpful Muso, but does anyone know what happened to Soren?

I used to argue with him a lot and annoy the living crap out of him, while keeping my grudging admiration for his arguments and breadth of knowledge to myself.
Because so many of us are whingeing old bastards, we do share a higher than average potential to drop off the perch.
I certainly hope that isn't the case with Soren, but wondered if any of you may know?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Remember SOREN?
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:30am

I thought Soren had disappeared a couple of years ago, but apparently he's still here under another name.

Someone mentioned it recently - but I've forgotten what it is.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:04am

mantra wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:30am:
I thought Soren had disappeared a couple of years ago, but apparently he's still here under another name.

Someone mentioned it recently - but I've forgotten what it is.

I thought i saw someone call frank soren the other day

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 10:26am

Frank is Soren.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 7:23pm

Thanks very much guys, I have not seen any posts by Frank since I have been back, but I will keep my eye out for them. He was a very smart feller, with some very interesting views.
As I get older and realise how much less I really know, compared to what I used to think I knew, I find intelligently presented arguments a lot more interesting.
Thanks again for your prompt responses, and I am glad he is still with us.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 10:47pm

Frank could not possibly be Soren.

The terms described in the opening post clearly rule him out.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 10:47pm:

Agree.  However, Mozzaok reckons Grendel is an intellect and one to be admired.  So, that is that, I reckon.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:05am

Aussie wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 11:09pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 10:47pm:

Agree.  However, Mozzaok reckons Grendel is an intellect and one to be admired.  So, that is that, I reckon.

Yes I do, and I also think he is a kindhearted decent person too.
I do not subscribe to the BS that you have to be a virtue signal signalling, social justice warrior to be good. In fact, I think that type spend more time trying to look, and sound good, than actually being, or doing, good.

You on the other hand have made yourself notable by reminiscing of days of glory as a member of the legal fraternity, as if in so doing, it automatically bestows upon you an unearned aura of intelligence and gravitas.
I remind you that my closest family are actual lawyers. Highly respected, and leaders in their respective fields. In that regard I have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with a great many of that profession, and have met many successful, but nonetheless, stupid bunts, so the mere membership of the club means very little to me.

I am an excellent judge of character, and intellect, so far you have not dazzled. Keep trying though.
Just to let you know one thing, I would be more impressed if you were the best Taxi Driver in your area, than if you were just an other pedestrian paper shuffler, king of conveyancing.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 8:07am

You guys change your names so often that I have to forget about who I am talking to and just respond to the message. But perhaps that is the point.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 8:46am

mozzaok wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:05am:
Yes I do, and I also think he is a kindhearted decent person too.
I do not subscribe to the BS that you have to be a virtue signal signalling, social justice warrior to be good. In fact, I think that type spend more time trying to look, and sound good, than actually being, or doing, good.

You on the other hand have made yourself notable by reminiscing of days of glory as a member of the legal fraternity, as if in so doing, it automatically bestows upon you an unearned aura of intelligence and gravitas.
I remind you that my closest family are actual lawyers. Highly respected, and leaders in their respective fields. In that regard I have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with a great many of that profession, and have met many successful, but nonetheless, stupid bunts, so the mere membership of the club means very little to me.

I am an excellent judge of character, and intellect, so far you have not dazzled. Keep trying though.
Just to let you know one thing, I would be more impressed if you were the best Taxi Driver in your area, than if you were just an other pedestrian paper shuffler, king of conveyancing.

An excellent and very accurate post about the resident BS artist.......Bravo!

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 9:37am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 8:07am:
You guys change your names so often that I have to forget about who I am talking to and just respond to the message. But perhaps that is the point.

Haven't ever changed my name.....  Don't see the point

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print