Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
There can be NO excuse for this (Read 2932 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: There can be NO excuse for this
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:43pm

Quote:
She gets in moods where she is mean and nasty to everyone

Spots quote.

I am sorry to tell you, that is what happens in the early stages. They know something is wrong, but they can no longer define what is happening to them, or why, and they get frustrated, angry, and MEAN. It is normal, and it is human, and it is never a good time to end a person you loves life, because you will remember them THAT way.
Later, they become more docile, more grateful, more childlike. Sweet even.
Later they become, less responsive, harder to maintain, and protect, baby like, just much bigger.
Later they become less human like, more vegetative, an empty husk.

I repeat, it is not noble it is just coping with poo, figuratively, and otherwise.
I do not recommend this as life worth preserving, for anyone, anywhere, anytime.
I do empathise with all in this position, and sincerely hope they have the strength and fortitude to manage.

One other thing Spot said was in response to P547, in regards to concentration camp behaviour applying to anyone, he was referring to psychological studies where people can be coerced into doing just about anything, under the right stimuli. He was right, people who think "I could never do anything like that", are actually among those most likely to do exactly things like that. It goes with the territory. Say no more.
Good luck with your Mum, it is tough, but it is an act of love.
Other things can be inspired by love too, so keep an open mind.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:51pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:43pm:
Quote:

Spots quote.

I am sorry to tell you, that is what happens in the early stages. They know something is wrong, but they can no longer define what is happening to them, or why, and they get frustrated, angry, and MEAN. It is normal, and it is human, and it is never a good time to end a person you loves life, because you will remember them THAT way.
Later they become, less responsive, harder to maintain, and protect, baby like, just much bigger.

I repeat, it is not noble it is just coping with poo, figuratively, and otherwise.
I do not recommend this as life worth preserving, for anyone, anywhere, anytime.
I do empathise with all in this position, and sincerely hope they have the strength and fortitude to manage.

One other thing Spot said was in response to P547, in regards to concentration camp behaviour applying to anyone, he was referring to psychological studies where people can be coerced into doing just about anything, under the right stimuli. He was right, people who think "I could never do anything like that", are actually among those most likely to do exactly things like that. It goes with the territory. Say no more.

Philip Zimbardo, Stanford Uni, 1971.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/zimbardo.html

I read about and saw what this did to normal people years ago, it changed me knowing we were all capable. I still may be but I know it wont be as easy to make me like that anymore.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:56pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:51pm:
Quote:

Spots quote.

I read about and saw what this did to normal people years ago, it changed me knowing we were all capable. I still may be but I know it wont be easy to make me like that anymore.

The Stanford Prison Experiment has been debunked

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/13/17449118/stanford-prison-experiment-fraud-psycholo...

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:11pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:56pm:
Quote:

Spots quote.

I read about and saw what this did to normal people years ago, it changed me knowing we were all capable. I still may be but I know it wont be easy to make me like that anymore.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/13/17449118/stanford-prison-experiment-fraud-psycholo...

Yay. I'm not so sure though, we see so much in history where this is true of mankind. Civilised behaviour is an onion skin on our deeper and thicker layers of barbarism.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:29pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Quote:

Spots quote.

Yay. I'm not so sure though, we see so much in history where this is true of mankind. Civilised behaviour is an onion skin on our deeper and thicker layers of barbarism.

The conduct of the experiment was debunked but the conclusion is still probably true. And yeah civilization ends with just a few days without food Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:37pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:29pm:
And yeah civilization ends with just a few days without food Smiley

That's a good quote, where did you get it?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:40pm

But can't you see, Moshe?  If I did not send the frail and the sick to the gas chambers, the party would have ordered that they all go to the gas chambers...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:40pm:
But can't you see, Moshe?  If I did not send the frail and the sick to the gas chambers, the party would have ordered that they all go to the gas chambers...

I will lead you to the promised land! (Moshe)

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:03am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 8:50am:
people (all people) have a shadow within them

people look at the nazi camp gaurds and ask what sort of people could take a young child to the gas chamber.

and the answer is simple

someone JUST LIKE YOU.

modern society likes to think that there is a utopia of dolphins and rainbows and unicorns that can be constructed.

but thats just "wish fulfilment".  its part of the new age where people dont want to confront the reality of existence.

the reality is that life is HARSH and life is UNFAIR and if you cant accept that you become bitter and resentful about life itself.

and each individual has to do this on an individual basis
this is the basis of taking "personal responsibility".

people dont like taking responsibility much these days
they would rather virtue signal, go tsk tsk and never do the brutal work of confronting their own demons.

but that stuff will come out if you dont deal with it.

life isnt some leftard wet dream.

life is a brutal battle to control your weak and pathetic self and to push on up that hill without complaint and resentment.

and if you are a pussy and wont confront that you end up like this woman.
kicking the dog or taking it out on some helpless individual or taking it out on yourself with self contempt and a feeling of resentment

You've said it many times, Aquascoot. These people are a blight upon our stables. The alphas won't have them here, they're a drain on our paddocks and our hay supply.

As you point out, a frail filly needs to be put out of its misery, it's the law of nature, supply and demand, civilisation itself.

These people need to be put down.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #24 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:45am

Agnes wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 5:52pm:
over worked aged care workers get worn down by the difficulty of caring for the demented- some demented are quite nasty  and I have fed them and have known them to hiss at and abuse pp-and they dont care who it is- even some oldies who are not demented do that

I have seen a carer force feeding a lady who was profoundly demented it disturbed me so I  reported it- not at the time but weeks later- i didnt like doing it because she had a few young chidren and was over worked- ( I didnt actually name her but I did speak up at the time TO her )  -  I do  know how dangerous it is to force feed a dementia patient that way- ( dyspashia -)

Both my wife and son have worked in aged care. My wife loved the job until she was injured, she was studying to be an RN but because of injuries and not being able to do hands on had to settle with a Bachelor of Health Science. My youngest son worked in aged care all the while he was at UNI studing to be an RN. My son would have kicked her arse through the hierarchy if he saw someone treated like that and he has done.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #25 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 2:38am

Setanta wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:45am:
over worked aged care workers get worn down by the difficulty of caring for the demented- some demented are quite nasty  and I have fed them and have known them to hiss at and abuse pp-and they dont care who it is- even some oldies who are not demented do that

I have seen a carer force feeding a lady who was profoundly demented it disturbed me so I  reported it- not at the time but weeks later- i didnt like doing it because she had a few young chidren and was over worked- ( I didnt actually name her but I did speak up at the time TO her )  -  I do  know how dangerous it is to force feed a dementia patient that way- ( dyspashia -)

Both my wife and son have worked in aged care. My wife loved the job until she was injured, she was studying to be an RN but because of injuries and not being able to do hands on had to settle with a Bachelor of Health Science. My youngest son worked in aged care all the while he was at UNI studing to be an RN. My son would have kicked her arse through the hierarchy if he saw someone treated like that and he has done.

I was on a work placement and it was at the end of that placement that I decided I didnt want to work in aged care- the washing of asses was enough to put me off -and the dementia patients wandering up and down so depressing- I saw pp drop dead in front of me etc over breakfast- one has to have as strong resolve to stay the course- so whilst there may be the odd carer who loses her/his shiit I wasnt going to hang around and become hardened like that - the aged care industry is so depressing- watching the elderly waiting to die and the way they are treated even on a good day is still bad- not for me- if you leave your elders in one of those places an delegate the  responsibilty to strangers then you have to ask yourself did YOU do YOUR best for your precious parents at the end- could YOU have done more? They gave you their lives to raise you and only ask for a few years at the end-
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2018 at 4:35am by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #26 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 6:06am

Setanta wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
Quote:

Spots quote.

It doesnt matter if its debunked or not. Everyone is different and the people who are one way cant imagine people being the other way but there are all kinds.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #27 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 6:10am

Agnes wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 2:38am:
Setanta wrote on Jun 30th, 2018 at 12:45am:

I was on a work placement and it was at the end of that placement that I decided I didnt want to work in aged care- the washing of asses was enough to put me off -and the dementia patients wandering up and down so depressing- I saw pp drop dead in front of me etc over breakfast- one has to have as strong resolve to stay the course- so whilst there may be the odd carer who loses her/his shiit I wasnt going to hang around and become hardened like that - the aged care industry is so depressing- watching the elderly waiting to die and the way they are treated even on a good day is still bad- not for me- if you leave your elders in one of those places an delegate the  responsibilty to strangers then you have to ask yourself did YOU do YOUR best for your precious parents at the end- could YOU have done more? They gave you their lives to raise you and only ask for a few years at the end-

Yeah its not a nice job but its better than putting them in one of those places. My very first job when I was about 14 was in a nursing home. It was horrible. That was in the 70s and from what I can see they havent changed at all!

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #28 - Jun 30th, 2018 at 10:13am

I just hope I never end up in old age care (death row) rather have a heart attack and be done with it.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
Sometimes she doesnt know who i am but she still wants to live

Perfect candidate for euthanasia

She's a resouces sink

Your life is hobbled by her selfish wish to live

The State (taxpayers) are forced to fund her uselessness

That serial killer the US executed the other day -- he wanted to live too.  So did his young victims, no doubt

I saved some of those almost defunct plastic bags from the supermarket.  Tied one tightly around my head to illustrate to my spouse how we might end our lives in the future and not be a burden to our children (or anyone else)

When the time comes, if I'm able, I will lay down in front of a news office or parliament and do the deed with notes sent to anyone who can publicise it that until useless government grows some nads, the bag over head exit should go viral

Hmmm. Are you comparing my mother to a serial killer? How are you going to feel when you are 90 if your relativevs decide thats enough living for you?

Spot

That post was pretty off.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

I couldn't imagine a more off his dot poster than pz!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print