Send Topic Print
State of Origin (Read 1680 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
State of Origin
Jun 24th, 2018 at 11:19pm

... and New South Wales takes the cup for this year, with a 2-0 games advantage over Queensland...

Whoo-hoo!

I've been conscientiously NOT wearing my NSW SOO jacket (the one I wore on the plane with Matt Rogers many years ago when NSW was trumps), because every damned time I do - Queensland win... taken to wearing my Wallabies jacket and they bloody well lose to Ireland....

NSW won despite their coach being the Sydney Roosters player who once took home MY woman... I don't mind, Cool Brad... women are like that.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: State of Origin
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 8:42am

I was expecting NSW to win this year. Qld was down in the dumps with injuries... and did not play to expectations, anyway. Then they put up an ordinary game tonight.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 6:36pm

I was thinking that Queensland is now in the position Australia New South Wales was over the past few years... relying on older and tried and tested players. Unfortunately not only are those players aging, but also opposing teams have long ago worked out how to handle and contain them.

Billy Slater still had some bite early, but was a shadow of his former running game success.. and
Greg Inglis is aging and carrying injuries....

Some good players there.. Maquire was like a block of concrete in the forwards, and the younger backs were pretty good.

Expect a different style in the third match.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2018 at 7:24pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 7:29pm

They had to rig the game , or the Sydneysiders would have sooked and given up on League if they didnt win

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 7:35pm

Queensland had a big advantage in the decision making positions. Thurston , Cronk, Cam Smith. Last night Queensland's decision making in these positions was awful. Poor kicks, bad decisions and bad passes in attack. Other than that I don't believe there isn't  too much difference between the teams. If Queensland could get some good blokes in these positions I believe they could have the advantage again.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 7:41pm

Haven't watched this poor excuse for a football code in years.

N.ational
R.edneck
L.eague

One of the dumbest sports going around.
Where it's only attraction to its own players is the violent right to touch fellow men.
Men touching Men ...but a bit more roughly so as not to appear Gay Roll Eyes
They love putting their hands all over one another.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 2:47am

Had a brief look on the news about the penalty try. By the way the commentators spoke on the radio about it, I thought it was a certain penalty try. But, on television, it seemed like a soccer style diving.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 2:56am

You would have to be the only guy I have ever heard of who needs to quantify how gay some sport is on the homosexual index, Jasin. Is that some kind of attempt at a passive-aggressive call for a mate?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:19am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 2:47am:
Had a brief look on the news about the penalty try. By the way the commentators spoke on the radio about it, I thought it was a certain penalty try. But, on television, it seemed like a soccer style diving.

I watched it live and it looked pretty clear-cut to me... it wasn't just a matter of the player being in the way and standing his ground, he moved sideways and even pushed with nobody else in sight for the ball .... a clear penalty try.

A couple of other decisions were a bit suspect, from memory one each way.. and some the holding down penalties are ridiculous - you have to give a few seconds to get up and such, and over the past few weeks some of those have been near instantaneous calls.  Then a few minutes later you'll see someone hold on three times as long right near their try line and nothing happens.

I sometimes felt that the referee was biased towards Queensland, so he probably felt he owed NSW the penalty try to restore balance.

― John Adams

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:34am

You southern trash wouldn't know it, but even winning can become boring...

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:08pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:19am:
I sometimes felt that the referee was biased towards Queensland, so he probably felt he owed NSW the penalty try to restore balance.

I had not watched a game of Origin in full for about 15 years. Only the one in Brisbane in 2004, which Qld won, and I was at the game, did I watch a full game of Origin. Just about every year, NSW seems to get the favouritism from the referee. It seems traditional that the referee goes with the money. But, as I said, I have not watched a full game in 15 years.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:11pm

The Heartless Felon wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:34am:
You southern trash wouldn't know it, but even winning can become boring...

The way NSW celebrated a rare series win, it was like they had finally discovered how to make the wheel. Meanwhile a Qld series win is like finding another way to make a more melodic song.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:12pm

NRL: A Game of Rednecks watched by Gays
AFL: A Game of Gays watched by Rednecks

Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 2:17pm

Southern Boys got yer fiddle....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print