Go get 'em Clive! (Read 8603 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Go get 'em Clive!
Jun 23rd, 2018 at 2:54pm

Link.

Quote:
Townsville Mayor Jenny Hill will defend a $3 million lawsuit for alleged defamatory comments she made about embattled businessman Clive Palmer.

Mr Palmer has accused Councillor Hill of making false and damaging statements that were published in a Courier Mail article in January.

The comments were about Mr Palmer's involvement in the collapse of the Queensland Nickel refinery, which saw 800 workers sacked.

Mr Palmer lodged the claim against Cr Hill, who is also a member of the Queensland Labor Party, in February.

In documents lodged with the Brisbane Supreme Court and obtained by the ABC, Cr Hill outlined, through her solicitor, her intention to defend the case.

It was easy to take free kicks when Clive was at a financial ebb, and many did feeling bullet proof, but now the worm has turned and it is his turn.

That's Justice whatever the outcome of this bit of litigation......and you can bet the Mayor is being legally represented at the expense of rate-payers.  Clive will be footing his own legal bills.

Go Clive!

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Re: Go get 'em Clive!
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:35pm

Yesterday's would be dictator trying vainly to take centre stage again

I notice his thinned waistband has expanded once more,  with his ill fated attempt at the fading glow of his halcyon days

A waste of time and space

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:51pm

red baron wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:35pm:
Yesterday's would be dictator trying vainly to take centre stage again

I notice his thinned waistband has expanded once more,  with his ill fated attempt at the fading glow of his halcyon days

A waste of time and space

Ask the Mayor of Townsville if she believes that now he has her in the cross-hairs.

You can expect more litigation now he has the resources to fund them.

Go get 'em Clive.  If someone has transgressed, they must be brought to account.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:25pm

Clive has always been a serial litigator....

Quote:
Mr Palmer, a serial litigator, has vowed to challenge any move by the administrators and ASIC over the battle for Queensland Nickel and recouping $300 million in debts.

Quote:
Mr Palmer is a serial litigator, having launched defamation proceedings against a string of politicians, including ongoing proceedings against Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/dont-expect-senate-defectors-to-take-the-honourab...

Quote:
The response of their parties has been to threaten legal action. Clive Palmer of course has the means to carry this out. He is a serial litigator with deep pockets. However, it is not clear what the basis of any case brought by Palmer would be, or indeed whether he has any plausible legal argument at all.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/seeney-lawsuit-about-integrity-palmer

Quote:
Clive Palmer is suing Queensland's deputy premier for defamation, only a month after he did the same thing to Premier Campbell Newman.

But the mining magnate-turned-federal MP, who once listed litigation as a hobby in his Who's Who entry, says the action is about personal integrity and denies he is a serial litigant.

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:33pm by Grendel »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 5:01pm

Yes, he litigates, and he wins.......for example, a Judgement worth Billions to him.

I guess you'd rather he not bother litigating to protect his rights which are often trashed.  The Chinese had to be forced through litigation....and I suspect others will soon be in the same boat.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 5:50pm

now maybe his ex employees   will sue him for their entitlements   I would like to see that..

its laughable  $3 mil..his name stin ks   apart from one person who will remain nameless....

and as for legals taking up his case 

shame on them  they too are money hungry and will do ANYTHING even defend the indefensible for money

no wonder they spend their lives in the gutter... 

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 6:26pm

cods wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 5:50pm:
now maybe his ex employees   will sue him for their entitlements   I would like to see that..

Ya see, cods....as I have tried to explain to you a zillion times, and you just blithely ignore it because it suits your silly aganda....those ex-employees were not Clive's.  They were the employees of 'BHP.'

Quote:
its laughable  $3 mil..his name stin ks   apart from one person who will remain nameless....

You can name me cods.  No skin off my nose.  As far as I am concerned personally, I would never ever trust Clive with anything in my real life, after he shafted his loyal mate, Bill Shoch.

Quote:
and as for legals taking up his case 

shame on them  they too are money hungry and will do ANYTHING even defend the indefensible for money

no wonder they spend their lives in the gutter... 

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

You have no idea about the obligations of Lawyers.  Should a Doctor have the right to pick and choose which patient he will treat?

On what specific basis Cods, do you reckon Lawyers ought to triage just which select group of people whose rights he will seek to protect?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 7:24pm

Yet another exercise in futility by the PILLSBURY DOUGH BOY......WTF hasn't the tubby twat sued in Australia.......?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 8:56pm

Bondie did time. When's Clive's time in the stripey hole?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 8:56pm

imagine how fat and ugly his legal team are getting   revolting stuff...ugh!

I bet they are the same ones who defended Cowan
a murdering paedophile...

my skin crawls..

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 12:11am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 8:56pm:

Probably when he is Barnaby Joyce's cellmate.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:55am

Bam wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 12:11am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 8:56pm:

Probably when he is Barnaby Joyce's cellmate.

What a load of crap nonsensical political bias.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:56am

Aussie wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 5:01pm:
Yes, he litigates, and he wins.......for example, a Judgement worth Billions to him.

I guess you'd rather he not bother litigating to protect his rights which are often trashed.  The Chinese had to be forced through litigation....and I suspect others will soon be in the same boat.

Oh dear fans are so ignorant of facts...  he doesn't always win now does he... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 9:29am

His life is of a litany of trampling over workers' rights

But like the rest of us when he leaves and he isn't getting any younger nor thinner, this mortal coil ,he will leave with nothing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 9:50am

he is a good example of the UGLY AUSTRALIAN   in every respect..

Skase and Bond  took a lot of little people down on  their sorry thieving road.....and this guy has done the same only he flaunts it by swanking round Europe on cruise ships with his even uglier family.....

lets not forget the FAKE I am too sick for court routine... Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

he  even stole Bond and Skase' sympathy cards... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print