Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print
House price collapse already started !! (Read 19394 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: House price collapse already started !!
Reply #150 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:01pm

Quote:
Can we attribute this to the RC into banks ?

Is it the needle or the bubble that causes the pop?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:23am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:05pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:56pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 4:29pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:30am:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:08am:
Absolute nonsense, prices are rising elsewhere. You have no idea what you are talking about, your posting is based on wishful thinking,  not reality. This is exactly why you are regarded as an idiot by everyone here.

Nail is an international businessman who drives a luxury car.
Anyone who is bereft of financial knowledge as he is couldnt tie their own shoelaces let alone run a business. 

Nail knows what he's talking about -

you better listen to him.
If I listened to him in the last few years I would be at least half a mil down. So, I don't think so Booby. But you go for it, you are obviously getting rich from his advice.  Wink

here we go. Walter Mitty. Cheesy LOL

I bought & sold in the last 3 years & yes I made money
but the future looks bleak to me.
your mate doesnt understand the concept of making money Bobby, you will have to explain it to him next time he drops off your Amway order.

He doesn't need your advice or mine.

like most aussies who are knee deep in debt on their property portfolios whino just hates the thought of his investments losing value because the banks will no longer throw money at suckers to buy his his old dumps from him. If you'd listened to whinos free financial advice you would have ended up like this dude who is 250K down on his property investments. Not a good position to be in when you are trying to get to sleep at night Sad

No. He would have ended half a mil ahead, while youve been trying to talk prices down I sold a property , took my profit and invested in another one which Im a couple of hundred grand ahead on. I even told you when I did it so you know I made money. Cant stand it can you?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:29pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:21pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:23am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:52pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:05pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:56pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 4:29pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 7:30am:
rhino wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:08am:
Absolute nonsense, prices are rising elsewhere. You have no idea what you are talking about, your posting is based on wishful thinking,  not reality. This is exactly why you are regarded as an idiot by everyone here.

Anyone who is bereft of financial knowledge as he is couldnt tie their own shoelaces let alone run a business. 

Nail knows what he's talking about -

you better listen to him.
If I listened to him in the last few years I would be at least half a mil down. So, I don't think so Booby. But you go for it, you are obviously getting rich from his advice.  Wink

here we go. Walter Mitty. Cheesy LOL

I bought & sold in the last 3 years & yes I made money
but the future looks bleak to me.
your mate doesnt understand the concept of making money Bobby, you will have to explain it to him next time he drops off your Amway order.

He doesn't need your advice or mine.

like most aussies who are knee deep in debt on their property portfolios whino just hates the thought of his investments losing value because the banks will no longer throw money at suckers to buy his his old dumps from him. If you'd listened to whinos free financial advice you would have ended up like this dude who is 250K down on his property investments. Not a good position to be in when you are trying to get to sleep at night Sad

No. He would have ended half a mil ahead, while youve been trying to talk prices down I sold a property , took my profit and invested in another one which Im a couple of hundred grand ahead on. I even told you when I did it so you know I made money. Cant stand it can you?

tell that to the dude who is 250K down. He took your advice and lost out big time and now the grim-reaper is coming to kick him out Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:40pm

The market is about timing, not time in the market. There you go,  I just gave you a valuable bit of free advice. I dont know whats wrong with me today, Im  feeling a little charitable towards the less fortunate.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:42pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:40pm:
The market is about timing, not time in the market. There you go,  I just gave you a valuable bit of free advice. I dont know whats wrong with me today, Im  feeling a little charitable towards the less fortunate.

yeh timing after the event. yeh right Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:44pm

What "event"?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:59pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:44pm:
What "event"?

so you got the best chair on the titanic. How good are you Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:06pm

Are you unable to answer the question? What "event"?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:10pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:06pm:

before the impending correction that you refuse to acknowledge.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #159 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:29pm

The panic has set in and the lemmings are headed for the cliff

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 6:54pm

red baron wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:29pm:

whino is going to try and stabilize prices by buying more investment properties Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:30am

yep everyone take whinos advice and get out your timing lights and buy buy buy !

Quote:
The days of property prices only going up are well and truly over

The housing market landscape has changed and so too has the behaviour of borrowers, lenders, developers, valuators and buyers’ agents. There are now many high risks associated with residential property including oversupply, credit restrictions, the impact of the Banking Royal Commission and imbalances in the market.

Add to that the prospect of an ALP win at the next federal election, and with it reforms to negative gearing and capital gains tax, and there is much cause for concern, especially if a blanket approach is taken with their introduction across the country.

RiskWise Property Research and WargentAdvisory’s The Impact Analysis: Negative Gearing, CGT & Australia’s Residential Property Markets report assesses Labor’s proposed reforms to negative gearing and the capital gains tax (CGT) discount, and the implications if implemented.

How behaviour has changed:

Investors have a major impact on dwelling prices. According to the RBA they can amplify credit and dwelling price cycles.

One of the reasons for this is because investors purchase more off-the-plan dwellings than owner-occupiers, meaning they contribute to larger upswings in construction leading to the risk of future oversupply, particularly of units, in some locations. Conversely, elevated levels of investor activity may amplify any subsequent downswing, increasing risks to the broader housing market, particularly in areas that carry a higher level of risk for oversupply.

Also, rental properties are not always fully substitute products with owner-occupied dwellings (rental properties are typically smaller, carry a higher price per square metre and are closer to CBDs).

This means there is inherent risk associated with them as they do not appeal to families looking for three bedrooms plus outdoor space, close to schools, transport and employment hubs.

An example of a recent change in investor behaviour can be seen in Footscray, Victoria, where a RiskWise report analysis for one private investor considering buying an off-the-plan unit showed it was extremely high risk.

The development was a 40-unit high rise and the unit had only two bedrooms with no car parking. It had a rental return of $450 per week for a property value of $575,000 and strata payments $600, plus it was in a very oversupplied area.

Currently there are a large number of high-rise properties being offered to a smaller number of investors.

This has resulted in a reduction in activity and had a major impact on the market, including owner-occupiers. The investor market share in Sydney decreased between January 2017 to March 2018 from 50.4% to 43%.

A similar trend was witnessed in Melbourne, from 39.1% to 34.9%.

In addition, Foreign Investment Review Board figures show residential approvals to foreign persons fell sharply upon the introduction of application fees and duty surcharges from 40,149 in the financial year 2015-16 to 13,198 in the financial year 2016-17.

Chinese authorities have also made it more difficult for its residents to purchase overseas.

Borrowers are by far more aware of the risks regarding off-the-plan and are changing their investment strategies, purchasing existing dwellings, particularly houses, rather than units.

A prime example of the impact of borrowers on dwelling oversupply and price reductions is units in inner-city Brisbane.

The area has experienced a high volume of apartment construction, stock listings and elevated vacancy rates, and there has been widespread evidence of price discounting and falling rents.......

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australian-housing-market-downturn-2018-7

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #162 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:22pm

If those price drops are real, now would be a good time to buy.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:06pm

red baron wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:29pm:
Yes. Prices are down by a whopping 1.4 percent.  Or up, depends what state you are in.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:09pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:10pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:06pm:

before the impending correction that you refuse to acknowledge.
Qld going gangbusters. W.A. at the bottom of the cycle (good time to buy). Tassie going up. Sydney and Melbourne having a market correction. Is this the "collapse" you are talking about?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print