Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
You clearly live within a very small and limited (Read 732 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
You clearly live within a very small and limited
Jun 20th, 2018 at 9:21am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 20th, 2018 at 7:36am:
Yadda wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 10:40pm:

Lesson learned....
Smoking weed or using other psychotropic drugs, doesn't improve our mind nor our cognitive ability.

True, but neither does
the pretense of spirituality

IV,

You clearly live within a very small and very limited reality.

My commiserations, to you, and to those just like you.

'spirituality' [the spirit realm] isn't a pretense [for many people who are alive].

And, i would argue, just because we human beings can't readily see or comprehend or adequately define 'something',
doesn't mean that 'something', 'is not there'.

e.g.
We have bacteria, inside our body, and on our skin.

Is your argument, that before we developed electron microscopes, that those bacteria on our skin did not exist ?

e.g.
ATM, something 'motivates' my physical body.

If i die tomorrow, life would have departed from my body.

We humans only 'see' and understand [i.e. comprehend] 'life', in its expression,
within an 'active', living body.

But what is it [i.e. 'life'] ?

IV, you don't know, and i do not know,
and neither can either of us properly define, just what 'life' is.

But i am happy to refer to that 'life' within my body, as the 'manifestation' of a spirit [within us].

IV,

There are a myriad of     real    'things', which human beings have little or in fact, no comprehension of.

e.g.
Many aspects of quantum mechanics, have     their 'reality'     only in theory, in the theories about its 'workings'.

Q.
Are the scientists who create these quantum mechanics theories, simply priests by another name ?

Q.
And are you going to accuse those scientists those priests of practicing some new, and arcane religious devotion, in their field of study ?

Ecclesiastes 9:4
For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
6  Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: You clearly live within a very small and limited
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 2:57pm

We both live in a "small and limited reality," the difference is that mine is real, and does not require quotes, or other people's affirmation, living or dead. The thing that is not small about your claim, is your monumental conceit.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: You clearly live within a very small and limited
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 5:08pm

Nice.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print