Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Judge orders EPA to prove anti AGW (Read 516 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Judge orders EPA to prove anti AGW
Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:57am

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/judge-orders-epa-to-produce-science-b...
Credit: Andrew Harrer Getty Images
EPA must produce the opposing body of science Administrator Scott Pruitt has relied upon to claim that humans are not the primary drivers of global warming, a federal judge has ruled.
The EPA boss has so far resisted attempts to show the science backing up his claims. His critics say such evidence doesn’t exist, even as Pruitt has called for greater science transparency at the agency.
Now, a court case may compel him to produce research that attempts to contradict the mountain of peer-reviewed studies collected by the world’s top science agencies over decades that show humans are warming the planet at an unprecedented pace through the burning of fossil fuels.
Not long after he took over as EPA administrator, Pruitt appeared on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” where he was asked about carbon dioxide and climate change. He said, “I would not agree that it’s a primary contributor to the global warming that we see.”
The next day, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, or PEER, filed a Freedom of Information Act request seeking the studies Pruitt used to make his claims. Specifically, the group requested “EPA documents that support the conclusion that human activity is not the largest factor driving global climate change.”
On Friday, the chief judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Beryl Howell, ordered the agency to comply.
“Particularly troubling is the apparent premise of this agency challenge to the FOIA request, namely: that the evidentiary basis for a policy or factual statement by an agency head, including about the scientific factors contributing to climate change, is inherently unknowable.

Cool Pruitt just needs to get Lee and Bobby and Mechanic to show him the real evidence. (450 pages of evidence in ICE AGE) ohh and Lee how can I forget him.

I guess when Pruitt give's the evidence it will show who is right.
Can I hear the ringing bells of a conspiracy..........

So we will all know the answer to this within a year, isn't it exciting. Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2018 at 8:04am by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Judge orders EPA to prove anti AGW
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:32pm

Oh, what a circus!

Go democracy  Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:29pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:57am:
Cool Pruitt just needs to get Lee and Bobby and Mechanic to show him the real evidence. (450 pages of evidence in ICE AGE) ohh and Lee how can I forget him.

So how to prove a negative? Wink

There is no seminal paper that says any of the "AGW" is CO2 induced. It is an hypothesis rather than a theory. IF there is a CO2 component - how much? How do we differentiate between Natural changes and Anthro changes?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:52pm

lee wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:57am:

So how to prove a negative? Wink

There is no seminal paper that says any of the "AGW" is CO2 induced. It is an hypothesis rather than a theory. IF there is a CO2 component - how much? How do we differentiate between Natural changes and Anthro changes?

well email Pruitt he will need your knowledge.  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:15pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
well email Pruitt he will need your knowledge.

Nope. The EPA, NOT Pruitt, only have to show the science. Not the computer models, the science. Wink

The computer models are computer games not science. I am sure you understand computer games. Wink

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:22pm

lee wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
well email Pruitt he will need your knowledge.

Nope. The EPA, NOT Pruitt, only have to show the science. Not the computer models, the science. Wink

The computer models are computer games not science. I am sure you understand computer games. Wink

Computer games?

Roll Eyes

Sounds like lee is a total f***head without a cause except for sucking daddys dicky to me  Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:28pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:22pm:
Computer games?

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk."

Attributed John von Neumann

Computer games.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:38pm

lee wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:28pm:
TheFunPolice wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 3:22pm:
Computer games?

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk."

Attributed John von Neumann

Computer games.

https://www.johndcook.com/blog/2011/06/21/how-to-fit-an-elephant/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print