Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Yet another politician rorts the taxpayer (Read 4327 times)
matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Yet another politician rorts the taxpayer
Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:29am

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Re: Yet another politician rorts the taxpayer
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:34am

Liberal = corruption. Move along , nothing new to see here.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:37am

great isnt it... heres another one

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/joe-hockeys-lavish-lifestyle-as-...

JOE Hockey billed taxpayers almost $70,000 on booze, breakfasts and babysitters in just six months as our ambassador to the United States.

The sacked treasurer, who took up his $360,000-a-year job in Washington in 2016, racked up bills totalling $69,770 from July to December last year and continued billing taxpayers thousands for babysitters to mind his children while he wined and dined VIPs.

The selfie-obsessed Liberal MP-turned-diplomat justified his $3340 babysitting bill in October as “supporting Australian businesses abroad”.

He also claimed thousands of dollars for intimate lunches and dinners which helped him “build networks and institutional links”.

But the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade says Mr Hockey’s expense claims are within the rules and entertaining is “an important tool” to build contacts and influence.

we are sitting ducks matty?.... their very own ATMs.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:39am

macman wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:34am:

it is everywhere... but when it you own side its pretty depressing....  funny thing is  I never see any lefty upset when its his own side....the silence is amazing...

obeid the worst case we have ever had   and the silence from the left...was staggering.....in fact if you mention  his name now they get all twittery.. Grin Grin

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 8:03am

Obeid and Macdonald and Tripodi are all corrupt arse*&^%$ and most labor people will be the first to condemn them. But raising their cases every time you are trying to defend your own multiple times more corrupt lot doesn't wash.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 8:10am

and yet lefties do it all the time....gawd they are still Howard bashing and he left you guys  heap of Surplus to waste.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   your never happy!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:20am

"I have learnt that spending money you have not worked for fundamentally changes who you are and inhibits your capacity and ability to become all you could be."

An obvious graduate of the Aquascoot School of Economic Thinking and Social Moral Superiority.

I'd say she was schooled in saying this so as to establish her 'Liberal' credentials... sounds just like the sort of rubbish a Lib would mumble darkly while helping self to swathes of public money at every opportunity.

Politics of Inclusion, BTW = Politics of Exclusion of others... what you hand willy-nilly to one you take from another.... Libs love to harp on that when it's "the other side's" policies etc - but never when it is themselves.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:26am

cods wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:39am:

it is everywhere... but when it you own side its pretty depressing....  funny thing is  I never see any lefty upset when its his own side....the silence is amazing...

That's your selection bias at work, cods. You don't remember anything that challenges your worldview. Oh, and the fact that Labor hasn't been in government now for nearly five years, so not many examples to discuss.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:27am

Sam Dastyari?

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:49am

cods wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:39am:
obeid the worst case we have ever had   and the silence from the left...was staggering.....in fact if you mention  his name now they get all twittery.. Grin Grin

You're really blind to the criticism then. Never make comments like that on a forum with a search function.

I started a bloody THREAD criticising Obeid.

Obeid is still collecting parliamentary pension
You even posted in it. Post #1.
cods wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 9:27am:
it makes you sick doesnt it....

you know what I think?

they are covering in case they get caught in the future...and thats all they seem to be there for   their amazing hand outs... Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

as if this person deserves anything from tax payers..

And then there's my observations about the lack of criticism of corrupt Liberals by "rightards":

Bam wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 11:11am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:58am:
cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:50am:
and Labor are happy to turn a blind eye to all their corruption members  like Obeid and McDonald.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

amazing thomo and williamson ripped millions off the poorest workers...and not a word from the left.. Angry

The Labor personages who have ripped off etc have been roundly criticised from all sides.  I don't recall anyone holding back on them.

Indeed ... I haven't defended Obeid or Macdonald for their corrupt conduct. Corruption is to be condemned unconditionally.

Yet, strangely, when Liberals are caught out, criticism of their conduct from the rusted-on Liberals in the forum is hard to find.

Examples - TEN NSW Liberals had to stand aside due to corruption allegations raised in ICAC. Several Federal Liberals attended several weddings on the taxpayers' account.

Yet even this week, we had this kind of rubbish still being posted:
bogarde73 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 1:51pm:
... it would be a crying shame if this Lib govt in NSW was put out of office.

As far as I can see, they have been far & away the best govt of any persuasion in this nation for a long long time.
Ably led now by Baird, and by O'Farrell before him ...

Obviously for bogarde, CORRUPTION is something to be ignored if it's LIBERALS doing it.

I criticise all such conduct because it's wrong ... it would be nice if everyone else did the same - especially the rightards.

I have been consistent in my criticism of Obeid.

Bam wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 12:06pm:
Quote:
When the journalist ... asked how much he could make from the development, Mr Stevens then began to wave his hands and arms up and down in the journalist's face.

If this politician is abusing his position for personal gain, that is corruption as bad as what Obeid and Macdonald did in NSW.

No wonder he's not willing to talk about it.

You have been consistent in your wilful blindness.

Bam wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 7:40pm:
cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 6:32pm:
Bam wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
cods wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 5:31pm:
totally shameful...I am disgusted...

slush funds where have I heard that before????..

so do you lefties agree that anyone found by either ICAC or a ROYAL to be corrupt /breaking their own rules/stealing/lying/cheating..you name it?..

needs to be hung out to dry..

or are you only after Lin scalps...which is a shame.

but not entirely unexpected..as I do not recall any lefties being sickened by the Obeid corruptions in fact they didnt like any righty talking about it.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think you're suffering from the same disease as Sinodinos and others - selective amnesia. There's been loads of condemnation from across the political spectrum denouncing corrupt behaviour in general without regard for political affiliation. You won't find many left-leaning posters defending Obeid.

It is good that ICAC exists to kick over the political rocks to see what hides beneath. Like most posters, I want political corruption brought forth and punished without regard to political affiliation.

We cannot, however, look at the outcome of the latest ICAC hearings without some sense of irony. This is why Abbott's ill-judged tweet gets reposted a bit.

really perhaps you can post some up.. as you seem to have such a good memory you wont have a bit of trouble finding them will you?

Use the search function and look for "Obeid" and "corrupt"

Quote:
and no I didnt see any of that....but would like to read what I missed..

You were posting in those threads. You should be well aware that very few people (if any) were defending Obeid, even among the left-leaning posters.

(post edited for brevity)

And wilful blindness it is ... you are simply not able to change your mind on this. You simply REFUSE to see.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:55am

Grendel wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:27am:
Sam Dastyari?

I believe, without fear of contradiction, that Big Sam or Shanghai Sam or Sam Choy Bao was skinned here (and elsewhere)... no points for the vapid suggestion that nobody said anything against him - anyone who says that simply can't read.

Same as every other ostensibly 'Labor' personality who rorted... they are roundly caned as are all such offenders - now stick with the subject.

Long ago thommo was OUTED BY HIS OWN UNION IN 2007, fer chrissake, and has been roundly condemned by EVERYONE.  Jesus God!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:36pm

Yes because Labor is lily white.

Politicians = corrupt. I still can't believe that there are people who think that one side is any less or more grubby than the other.      

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 1:50pm

matty wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:36pm:

Politicians = corrupt. I still can't believe that there are people who think that one side is any less or more grubby than the other.      

Nobody said that - the subject matter is yet another politician - the Party involved is the current majority leader in bad acts..... pretty simple, really.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 4:38pm

matty wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:36pm:

The problem that this particular politician has is her blatant hypocrisy. She's opposed to "welfare", but she wants her free money.

The entitlements of all politicians should be scrutinised and their entitlements should be tightened a lot. If it's appropriate to lump unemployed Australians with mountains of red tape and exceptions to earn their $275 a week, the politicians should play by similarly strict rules to earn their $280 a day for staying in Canberra. If it's appropriate to conduct unethical experiments on unemployed Australians by imposing the clusterfsck card on them under the guise of limiting alcohol and tobacco consumption, claiming alcohol and tobacco on parliamentary entitlements should be banned. If it's appropriate for social security recipients to get debt letters making wildly ambitious debt claims, it's appropriate to scrutinise all parliamentary expenses line by line. One set of very lax rules for the rulers, another much stricter set for the vulnerable...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 5:42pm

She has learned very quickly!

Link.

Quote:
South Australian Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi has told a Kenyan television program that her $200,000 salary is "not a lot of money" in Australia.

Gee....what did she earn in the Country of her birth.

Show a Lib a trough and the snout heads straight for it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print