Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Trump wants Americans to behave like North Koreans (Read 2117 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Trump wants Americans to behave like North Koreans
Reply #60 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 1:57pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 8:33am:
sad,

politics has always been about lying and manipulation.

read machievelii's "the prince".

the important thing is that you advance the interests of your tribe (the fine people of the USA).

they would be lambs to the slaughter if they were held to the same lofty standard that you are calling for.

It's not what I'm calling for.  I know the score, I'm aware of the honesty of politicians.  The problem is not my perceptions but what Trump claimed he would bring to the table.

Clinton was unelectable because she was, in his words, a criminal and a liar.

He was to be the better candidate because as he claimed, he was an honest man and would tell it how it is.

I am trying to hold him by the standard that HE set, not some lofty ideal I've pulled out of my ass.

Quote:
when no other nation is playing by the rules with the USA, you need a streetfighter to protect the interests of the people .

I agree with your there, but he is also playing streetfighter with his own people domestically.  You go on about how important it is for Trump to look after his people, and it is, but why does he put his own interests first above them?

Quote:
america has been traumatised over and over by allowing itself to be naive .
and you get traumatised to the extent that you dont recognise that life is harsh and inherently unfair.

But that has been because "the free market does it better" and uses automation and offshoring to save costs at the expense of the local employees.

Nothing Trump is doing, or has proposed, will fix this, despite his claims.

Quote:
surely 9/11 was a wake up call.

people have had enough of being naive
they want a president who has been thru the fire.
trump has very thick skin and he doesnt seem to give a f**k about anything but winning.

The problem is, again, he's only interested about winning for himself, like he always has.

You make all these grand proclamations about Trump and the people but he's screwing them while convincing them he's doing their bidding.

Quote:
thats a good story to sell.
people in the USA have had enough of being naive and having other countries do them over.

and not a moment too soon

But that's only what Trump is telling you.  The US has never entered into a Free Trade agreement that hasn't been in their favour if you look at the agreement as a whole.

But it boils down to this.  The above statement is true, BUT, it's not always the in the favour of the people, but instead, the corporate interests that lobby the Government.

Trump is still working for them as much as any other President has.

You're going to need to provide some policy based proof to show otherwise because his policies so far have been much of the same, OR, he's starting Trade Wars that he can take credit as doing something yes, but the outcomes will leave the fine people of America worse off.

Small limited industries may do better but the knock-on effect and the impacts to the other areas of the economy as a result of the retaliatory tariffs will do more harm and greatly outweigh the good done elsewhere. 

Or so say the economists and the experts who actually know what they're talking about, the ones Trump thinks he knows better than.

The Dunning Kruger effect all over again.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:03pm

Sad, you make some good calm and assertive claims.
Now if you can just get the rest of the lefties to remain cool and calm, you would make progress.
Use trump as the motivation to remain calm and balanced. That is the key  Cheesy

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #62 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 2:11pm

I don't think Trump wants Tyranny, he's just not afraid to go there to get what he does want.

Sure he's very pally and seems to admite other Dictators, but he just want to run the country like he would any of his businesses.

And no, I don't mean into the ground...

He just wants people to do his bidding.  To listen to every word he says, do what they're told and above all else, don't question him.

He needs people to blame when things go wrong, and he wants to take credit when things go right.

When those around him don't stand up to him when he's making bad decisions that will lead to failure, said failure becomes their own, even if they were only showing malicious compliance as he demanded of them anyway.

You can't win with someone in charge like this. 

It's only made worse when they act like this for their own personal validation and verification and when their ego is as fragile as Trumps, it's a recipe for disaster.

But regular people see how those around Trump treat him and they want this for themselves, this is where his admirations and adoring fans come from.

They see emulating him as the American dream.  To be rich and famous.  And it may be the american dream.

But America needs more more than ever, the smarter people who see through that, who understand it's the substance of a person that matters, not the image they portray.

They are the ones who will end up doing all the hard work that will help the country prosper and recover from the mistakes of old, even if in spite of Trump rather than him wanting to work with them.

We know Trump already thinks of himself as always being the smartest person in the room. 

He really is a dangerous person when in a leadership role, and he's the smacking president...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print