Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
What the Liberal party scum want to do to our ABC (Read 4359 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What the Liberal party scum want to do to our ABC
Reply #75 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:14am

oh dear wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
Bam wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:38pm:
Bam wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
Maybe the Liberals should look at privatising drought assistance.

If they did that we'd have no farming left.

I doubt that. What it will do is weed out the inept farmers who overstock their land in good times then hold out their big hats for taxpayer-funded assistance in drought years. Farms are like any other business: some are run by people who don't really know what they are doing.

We need a radical overhaul of farming practices in Australia. For example, should farms in different districts join forces so some farmers can earn a living by agisting the breeding stock of farmers in drought thousands of kilometres away? Should the Federal government tax cattle and sheep farmers in kind by taking hay as tax, to be stored safely and released as needed?

You are a smart poster Bam but at times your ignorance is astounding.

You will never find a better farmer than someone who lives from the land.

Most farmers do the right thing. The number of farms that have remained in the same family for decades is proof of this.

A few though are being propped up because they made bad decisions. Someone mentioned "Macquarie St" farmers in particular. Some of these people run the property at a loss for the tax deductions. Why should these people be allowed to rort the system at everyone else's expense?

Of course, nobody has actually addressed the core issue directly: why not privatise drought assistance? I think the implied answer is: privatisation doesn't work. Am I right?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #76 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:18am

This idiotic non-idea did come, after all, from the Young Liberals - not a group noted for their intellect and knowledge of the real world, but more noted as a nodding clown for their Party's chosen line and just as intelligent and just as relevant to real Australia.

God spare us from the twerps.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:18am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 6:52am:
it must be a fredian slip that lefties always refer to it as "our " abc.

if you want your own propaganda channel , pay for it yourselves

This is where English could do with pronouns that include clusivity. You are misinterpreting an inclusive "we" as an exclusive "we".

Inclusive "we" = I, you, possibly they;
Exclusive "we" = I, they, but not you.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:10pm

Bam wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:03am:
Grendel wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Regardless of the denial of the LW progs here and the ABc it is a politically biased left leaning prog organisation.

Link please. And not from your right-wing Quantum-type websites either. Reliable sources only.

historical fact learned through living in Australia and being a student of Australian politics current affairs and an avid abc watcher/listener.

Link yourself fool....
I am a reliable source unlike some of you...

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #79 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm

Grap....  anyone calling any branch of the ABC RW is fallacious and stupid... 

Clearly it and its staff are not....  especially those programs like Q&A, The Drum and any of the lets poke fun at the Conservatives shows...  not to mention main presenters and those in charge of programming decisions.

But like I said we need a National Broadcaster...  preferably an unbiased one.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #80 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:26pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm:

Clearly it and its staff are not....  especially those programs like Q&A, The Drum and any of the lets poke fun at the Conservatives shows...  not to mention main presenters and those in charge of programming decisions.

What is 'unbiased'?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #81 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:27pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:10pm:
Regardless of the denial of the LW progs here and the ABc it is a politically biased left leaning prog organisation.

Link please. And not from your right-wing Quantum-type websites either. Reliable sources only.

historical fact learned through living in Australia and being a student of Australian politics current affairs and an avid abc watcher/listener.

Link yourself fool....

If you're such a reliable source then why don't you know what 'unbiased' means?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #82 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:18am:
This idiotic non-idea did come, after all, from the Young Liberals - not a group noted for their intellect and knowledge of the real world, but more noted as a nodding clown for their Party's chosen line and just as intelligent and just as relevant to real Australia.

God spare us from the twerps.

Not even the Liberal Party listens to the young liberals!

(Go on son, go back and smoke your stupid drugs with your stupid friends...)

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #83 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:30pm

Bam wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:14am:
oh dear wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
Bam wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:38pm:
Bam wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
Maybe the Liberals should look at privatising drought assistance.

If they did that we'd have no farming left.

I doubt that. What it will do is weed out the inept farmers who overstock their land in good times then hold out their big hats for taxpayer-funded assistance in drought years. Farms are like any other business: some are run by people who don't really know what they are doing.

We need a radical overhaul of farming practices in Australia. For example, should farms in different districts join forces so some farmers can earn a living by agisting the breeding stock of farmers in drought thousands of kilometres away? Should the Federal government tax cattle and sheep farmers in kind by taking hay as tax, to be stored safely and released as needed?

You are a smart poster Bam but at times your ignorance is astounding.

You will never find a better farmer than someone who lives from the land.

Most farmers do the right thing. The number of farms that have remained in the same family for decades is proof of this.

A few though are being propped up because they made bad decisions. Someone mentioned "Macquarie St" farmers in particular. Some of these people run the property at a loss for the tax deductions. Why should these people be allowed to rort the system at everyone else's expense?

Of course, nobody has actually addressed the core issue directly: why not privatise drought assistance? I think the implied answer is: privatisation doesn't work. Am I right?

Business tactics are business tactics: that's the rich pastiche that is the mediocrity!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #84 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:34pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:13pm:

As the man said - if you are leaning one way or the other, any comment or approach you don't agree with appears to be leaning the opposite way.... as for the fun poking - wait until Labrador is in the Hot Seat (Millionaires all), and see what they cop.

I clearly recall Leigh Sales ripping Gillard and Rudd to tiny bits ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:57pm

So no link then. I knew you couldn't back it up.

Link yourself fool....

You? Reliable?

Grin Grin

That has to be the worst appeal to authority fallacy I have ever seen.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #86 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:17pm

Regardless of the denial of the LW progs here and the ABc it is a politically biased left leaning
prog*
organisation.

That doesn't mean Pepper Pig is biased but Radio National definitely is.

I've never been quite able to figure out just who believes that stagnant policy  is better than progressive policy ?

Do they not own an Oxford ?

… and ANOTHER inquiry finds …

greggerypeccary wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 7:45pm:
"TWO independent audits into the ABC’s coverage of the federal election campaign and the asylum seeker issue have concluded it was impartial and its news coverage of asylum seekers was of a high standard."

"Stone assessed 46 segments from Lateline and 51 from 7.30 and concluded: “As an independent observer, I found no grounds for concern” in any measurements of bias or prioritising of particular viewpoints."

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print