Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
William Tyrrells dad.. (Read 3149 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

William Tyrrells dad..
Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:18am

[urlhttps://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/william-tyrells-dad-brendan-collins-breaks-silence-im-so-sorry/news-story/49b2633a47220de0823c9aa8965c3474][/url]

In his first interview since his son disappeared without trace, Brendan Collins told how he has searched in vain for his son digging in bushland with a shovel since his release from Silverwater jail two weeks ago over drugs and theft charges.

Yesterday, police searching for William were fitted with GPS trackers to avoid missing a single clue as they searched through 600sq m of dense scrub in Kendall where the toddler went missing almost four years ago.

Speaking haltingly to his son through The Daily Telegraph, Mr Collins, also known as Brendan Clifford, said just weeks ago: “I’m so sorry for whoever’s done this to you William, I don’t know who took you in your Spiderman suit.

Brendan Clifford, said: “I’m so sorry for whoever’s done this to you William.”
I’ve been out looking for you with a shovel digging in bushland… I know there’s no point.

“I think you’re dead, I think someone has hurt you bad. I’m so sorry I couldn’t help you.”

Through heavy sobs, he went on: “I tried to run away with William when he was nine months, we were happy, just me and him for seven weeks, until DOCs took him into care.

“I know I’ve had a history of drugs problems but I’d never harm my boy.

“DOCS took him from me to keep him safe and now… he’s probably dead.”

Stuck between hope and despair, Brendan, who struggles with depression and is living with his mother Natalie Collins in Maryland, near Newcastle, revealed police questioned him over the nation’s most baffling missing child case.

He believes harm came to his son days in the lead-up to William’s kidnapping when he was three.

William’s abduction on September 12, 2014 sparked one of the biggest manhunts in Australian history and his biological father’s split with the boy’s mother Karlie Tyrrell and descent into drugs, crime and mental problems.

William was removed around the age of eight months and placed with the foster care family with whom he was living when he was abducted from a quiet cul-de-sac in the NSW mid north coast town of Kendall, at his foster grandmother’s home.

There is no suggestion any member of William’s foster or biological family had anything to do with his disappearance.

Mr Collins and Ms Tyrrell both say they have suffered the debilitating effects of losing a son.

Mr Collins was released this month from prison after serving a two-month non-parole period of a seven-month sentence for theft and minor drug offences.

Karlie Tyrrell has a violent past with convictions for serious assaults against female police officers and destruction of property.

Sentencing Mr Collins in January, Magistrate Kathy Crittenden acknowledged he had suffered under the weight of his son’s 2014 abduction and set an earliest release date for March 14.

Collins was convicted of eight charges of having stolen items in his possession including bank cards, toys, novelty items and clothing.

He was also convicted of minor drug possession after police found him with a “minuscule” amount of methamphetamine, or ice and a glass pipe.

If still alive, William Tyrrell would be celebrating his seventh birthday in June.

NSW Police Strike Force Rosann has an open and active investigation into the mystery of William Tyrrell’s abduction.

“The first person the police came looking for was me, I wasn’t with William when he went missing, he was with his foster carers in Port Macquarie,” Mr Collins said.

“I’m still furious over that, what a slap in the face, I was at home in Granville.

“Silverwater was self-inflicted but I’m of a healthy frame of mind now, I’m clean and off ice - I don’t even smoke cigarettes when I’m stressed anymore.

“William is constantly on my mind”

“I don’t know if I’ll ever find him. I’m not sure I want to.”

“My parole officer wants me to see a phycologist over William, I will when I get some money because I get flashbacks of him in that spiderman suit playing I the garden.”

williams dad owe it to this little boy to stay strong and clean....if there is only one good thing to come from this... that would be a good start...

my heart goes out to all those affected!   I know its affected me   so to all those close it would be a thousand times worse..

we need to know what happened who did this... Sad Sad

someone is still out there with this on their conscience...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: William Tyrrells dad..
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:10am

There are a lot of missing persons. Some havent ever been found. More go missing every year. Never know what happened to them Sad.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:12am

The trip I did north a couple of weeks ago with the four psychic ladies was in relation to William Tyrell.  The funny thing is that, on a previous venture there for the same reason, we passed a young kid wearing a Spiderman outfit, putting out the bins at a house on a dirt road.... can't see it as relevant, since I can't see a kid still wearing a Spiderman outfit three years after being abducted and it's a popular garb for kids ... but it was a startling thing to see given the reason we were there.

Two of the psychic ladies* want to go back and I said no - not during a police search.  They don't want any interference, and specifically said they don't want any more psychics or dreamers to give 'clues'.  Must drive them crazy - it does me.

*I call them the CLAMs - Crazy Ladies of Australia Meetings

I still think it was an 'inside' job somehow - one look at the street shows the extreme remoteness of the possibility of anyone just coming along and picking up a kid who had only arrived there the previous night unannounced, but you never know.

People who do those things aren't like you and I.... they don't think the same way..... so working it out rationally is no real help ....

Most missing persons don't vanish from a back yard.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:12am:
The trip I did north a couple of weeks ago with the four psychic ladies was in relation to William Tyrell.  The funny thing is that, on a previous venture there for the same reason, we passed a young kid wearing a Spiderman outfit, putting out the bins at a house on a dirt road.... can't see it as relevant, since I can't see a kid still wearing a Spiderman outfit three years after being abducted and it's a popular garb for kids ... but it was a startling thing to see given the reason we were there.

Two of the psychic ladies* want to go back and I said no - not during a police search.  They don't want any interference, and specifically said they don't want any more psychics or dreamers to give 'clues'.  Must drive them crazy - it does me.

I still think it was an 'inside' job somehow - one look at the street shows the extreme remoteness of the possibility of anyone just coming along and picking up a kid who had only arrived there the previous night unannounced, but you never know.

People who do those things aren't like you and I.... they don't think the same way..... so working it out rationally is no real help ....

had the psychic ladies given the police any inform   that maybe led to this new search grap??>...

its easy to dismiss  I sort of do and sort of dont.. I do get the odd premonition .  I usually know when someone I havent seen for a while will get in touch... I also give out warning   to the family if they take no notice  it usually works against them,...havent seen any bodies yet   [?]...but you know I always say  WHY NOT.....why couldnt this have substance?...

just because you cant see it  or in this case feel it   doesnt mean it isnt!..

I would most certainly get heart palpitations if I saw a child in a spiderman suit.......no matter what time passes...to me it shows that that little boy is quite close...do I believe hes a alive? although it breaks my heart no I dont.....but I dont think hes far away....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:41pm

sadly grap  this little boy came from such a dysfunctional family  it took the police some time to eliminate all of them......this took some of the heat away sadly...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:09pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:40pm:

had the psychic ladies given the police any inform   that maybe led to this new search grap??>...

its easy to dismiss  I sort of do and sort of dont.. I do get the odd premonition .  I usually know when someone I havent seen for a while will get in touch... I also give out warning   to the family if they take no notice  it usually works against them,...havent seen any bodies yet   [?]...but you know I always say  WHY NOT.....why couldnt this have substance?...

I would most certainly get heart palpitations if I saw a child in a spiderman suit.......no matter what time passes...to me it shows that that little boy is quite close...do I believe hes a alive? although it breaks my heart no I dont.....but I dont think hes far away....

It's possible that two of the ladies did that - they were going to.... but as I explained to the ex this morning, it takes a long while to organise a search like this, not just a few days....

I am struck by the fact that the boy's father went digging around only a few days before the search began....... was he searching or hiding evidence?  Who verified he was in Granville on the day William disappeared?  Family dynamics in a dysfunctional family can be incredible and mid-boggling to the average person, and with drugs and such involved, who knows what state of mind the members have and what they would consider to be a rational action at any given time - such as taking their child out of foster care and feeling he would be better off dead than with all the crap he would have to deal with.  One ICE addict I met once was slammered for killing his girl-friend's tiny son, beating him so badly he literally tore the child's scalp off.... insane is the only word and life without should be the sentence.  If he'd been imprisoned for dealing or even usage, that child would be alive without all that incredible suffering.... but why any woman would go anywhere near such a monster is beyond me.

I told you - these people do not think like you and I, and trying to interpret their mindset and actions is as valid as trying to understand why a parent would kill his/her entire family.... we just don't think the same way.  There have been cases of women killing seven kids out of the idea that those kids would be better off dead, or a man killing his family because they would be better off dead ... NOBODY is better off dead, but their offset mindset tells them this is a realistic option.

If this is an 'inside job' as I feel... it may well be because of drug-addled delusion about what is best for the child.... they don't think like we do.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:21pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 2:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

It's possible that two of the ladies did that - they were going to.... but as I explained to the ex this morning, it takes a long while to organise a search like this, not just a few days....

I am struck by the fact that the boy's father went digging around only a few days before the search began....... was he searching or hiding evidence?  Who verified he was in Granville on the day William disappeared?  Family dynamics in a dysfunctional family can be incredible and mid-boggling to the average person, and with drugs and such involved, who knows what state of mind the members have and what they would consider to be a rational action at any given time - such as taking their child out of foster care and feeling he would be better off dead than with all the crap he would have to deal with.  One ICE addict I met once was slammered for killing his girl-friend's tiny son, beating him so badly he literally tore the child's scalp off.... insane is the only word and life without should be the sentence.  If he'd been imprisoned for dealing or even usage, that child would be alive without all that incredible suffering.... but why any woman would go anywhere near such a monster is beyond me.

I told you - these people do not think like you and I, and trying to interpret their mindset and actions is as valid as trying to understand why a parent would kill his/her entire family.... we just don't think the same way.  There have been cases of women killing seven kids out of the idea that those kids would be better off dead, or a man killing his family because they would be better off dead ... NOBODY is better off dead, but their offset mindset tells them this is a realistic option.

If this is an 'inside job' as I feel... it may well be because of drug-addled delusion about what is best for the child.... they don't think like we do.

yes drugs and alcohol are usually involved  when it comes to children dying.....the little 5 yr old last week stabbed by his dad.... everyone saying what a wonderful dad he was.. yet all the while he has serious mental issues.... I dont care who you are   someone in charge of children   whether they have mental or drug issues  there are always signs.....I find it so hard to believe that little boy wasnt removed form a bad situation    its all very well blaming the Healthy dept but seriously who left that child alone with that man???????.........

there is no one size fits all grap......and its still a  huge learning curve.. a lot of people are on the wrong meds for their condition........meds are getting stronger  its the same with children....heres a pill that will fix it come back in 6 months...   its not good enough....... every day I hear of someone whos not coping    it must be at crisis  point......and our children are slap bang in the middle...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:30pm

Indeed - it seems his mother also was of a violent and criminal nature, apparently from drug abuse.

Sad , and young William would have been better off without them. I've said before - I have a niece like that, drug-addicted etc, and she's had 6-7 kids taken from her for their own good.  Her sister is married with a degree and a good family after being brought up by her father's sister and her husband ... just goes to show.

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 6:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Indeed - it seems his mother also was of a violent and criminal nature, apparently from drug abuse.

Sad , and young William would have been better off without them. I've said before - I have a niece like that, drug-addicted etc, and she's had 6-7 kids taken from her for their own good.  Her sister is married with a degree and a good family after being brought up by her father's sister and her husband ... just goes to show.

gosh its tough for sure  so you know first hand....7 children taken away 

I cant understand why they do not cut and tie her tubes when they deliver the last  child...

we not only allow this we actually pay them  usually a pension of some sort.....  no accountability whatever...by your niece I mean..

I am sick of hearing about it to be honest.... no disrespect to you grap  but in general its an everyday thing......kids on waiting lists because there is not enough foster homes....ye gods... where the hell are we heading????

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 4:38pm

cods wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:30pm:

gosh its tough for sure  so you know first hand....7 children taken away 

I cant understand why they do not cut and tie her tubes when they deliver the last  child...

we not only allow this we actually pay them  usually a pension of some sort.....  no accountability whatever...by your niece I mean..

I am sick of hearing about it to be honest.... no disrespect to you grap  but in general its an everyday thing......kids on waiting lists because there is not enough foster homes....ye gods... where the hell are we heading????

I just read that 20,000 kids need fostering in NSW and 49% of those are in the Hunter and close region....

My niece gets a pension - she has all the illnesses under the sun and is totally unemployable.  As a child she was gorgeous and could have been an actress or air hostie or whatever - instead she ran off with a druggie boyfriend at sixteen and never looked up again.  Now she is a lost cause, and I cannot do anything for her since it would be a bottomless pit.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 4:43pm

cods wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:09pm:

yes drugs and alcohol are usually involved  when it comes to children dying.....the little 5 yr old last week stabbed by his dad.... everyone saying what a wonderful dad he was.. yet all the while he has serious mental issues.... I dont care who you are   someone in charge of children   whether they have mental or drug issues  there are always signs.....I find it so hard to believe that little boy wasnt removed form a bad situation    its all very well blaming the Healthy dept but seriously who left that child alone with that man???????.........

there is no one size fits all grap......and its still a  huge learning curve.. a lot of people are on the wrong meds for their condition........meds are getting stronger  its the same with children....heres a pill that will fix it come back in 6 months...   its not good enough....... every day I hear of someone whos not coping    it must be at crisis  point......and our children are slap bang in the middle...

I could do all the drugs and booze in the world, and I'd never hurt my kids. I rarely drink but when I do I'm a happy drunk and just want to hug people Smiley

I think some people are just farkn evil.

IBI

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 5:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 16th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
I just read that 20,000 kids need fostering in NSW and 49% of those are in the Hunter and close region....

My niece gets a pension - she has all the illnesses under the sun and is totally unemployable.  As a child she was gorgeous and could have been an actress or air hostie or whatever - instead she ran off with a druggie boyfriend at sixteen and never looked up again.  Now she is a lost cause, and I cannot do anything for her since it would be a bottomless pit.

John Howard's baby bonus in 2004 was responsible for the baby boom. There were never going to be enough resources to cope with the thousands of unwanted children born to irresponsible, hopeless and addicted parents. Are children even safe with foster parents? Who would take their eyes off a 3 year old playing in an unattended backyard near bushland?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2018 at 5:37pm

mantra wrote on Jun 16th, 2018 at 5:02pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 16th, 2018 at 4:38pm:

John Howard's baby bonus in 2004 was responsible for the baby boom. There were never going to be enough resources to cope with the thousands of unwanted children born to irresponsible, hopeless and addicted parents. Are children even safe with foster parents? Who would take their eyes off a 3 year old playing in an unattended backyard near bushland?

well I am n ot into baby booms being the cause of anything mantra   we have better media coverage today    because to me its always been there

we didnt have the "stolen generation"  because white people didnt like black people....

this has got away from the fact this is a little boy lost   we have no idea what has happened to him   and all I know is some mongrel   make that mongrels.. out there know exactly whats happened to this child....

I would be a basket case now if he was my grandson...I would have dug that whole area up with my bare hands.....

if they find just the smallest thing that links to William  it will be worthwhile....I am praying something will come out of this search...

I often wonder why they dont use dogs more...must be a reason.. Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print