IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Death by grog
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:55pm

Mm'kay?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:58pm

Darwin Award?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:55pm

15 years old... I hope they catch those responsible for putting it on the net....

its hard enough protecting them from sex fiends on the net  without this... Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:59pm

cods wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
15 years old... I hope they catch those responsible for putting it on the net....

its hard enough protecting them from sex fiends on the net  without this... Angry Angry Angry Angry

I showed that story to my girl.  It's going to be hard to steer her around the drinking culture in Sydney,  but as an almost non  drinker,  I hope my example helps

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:09am

One must question the mentality of the young today.

Hey, look at this, cutting off your head is fun.......go for it.

I'll bet we would get some doing it.

What ever happened to common sense?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:28am

risk taking, especially amongst young men , is a biological activity aimed at raising their sexual status.
(go to any skateboard park and see the boys peacocking)
women , at a deep level , want the sperm that will produce a kid who is courageous, brave and will crush it in life.

women are ruthless with the nice guy, they wont sleep with him, because his sperm will produce a meek child who will be destroyed in this brutal world.

its a little harder to work out risk taking in young women .

some of it (and this would seem to me why so many women become hooked on mdma) is that women like to feel that gooey loved , rainbows and dolphins and unicorns , type of thing.
thats why they decorate their rooms with it.
alcohol can relieve a lot of negative neurotic emotions but its NOT the way to go.
walking the narrow road to success makes you confident and self assured and is legit.
trying to "fake" the same state by using booze or a pill is trying to "cheat the biological system".

young kids need to be mentored to walk that hard road, climb that mountain with rocks in their back pack, do something hard and THEN you can feel confident and chilled.  booze is not the answer

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:59am

At least she didnt eat tide pods

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:18am

So she made a cocktail?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm

Sadly, she was very alone, and/or, very stupid.
She lived in the country, her parents should have just grown some marijuana and told her to smoke a joint or two if she wanted to get high.
To drink alcohol by yourself, you usually need to be a much older, much more f'd up person.

My daughter doesn't want to touch anything, she even thinks grass is bad, yes, it's crazy, I know, but she is still young. My boy is much older, but when he was a teen he was exactly the same. I encouraged him to take drugs and drink but he just wasn't interested, I mean, what more can a parent do, you cannot get stoned for them.
Luckily he has now seen the light, but only on a very occasional, special circumstance basis, you know, just a teensy dabble. Oh the shame, oh the shame and the pain.
Hi on life isn't the worst thing I suppose, but I do wonder sometimes where I went wrong.
I mean he hasn't even tried hard drugs at all, let alone hallucinogens, but I try and live with it, as best I can.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:44pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
Sadly, she was very alone, and/or, very stupid.
She lived in the country, her parents should have just grown some marijuana and told her to smoke a joint or two if she wanted to get high.
To drink alcohol by yourself, you usually need to be a much older, much more f'd up person.

My daughter doesn't want to touch anything, she even thinks grass is bad, yes, it's crazy, I know, but she is still young. My boy is much older, but when he was a teen he was exactly the same. I encouraged him to take drugs and drink but he just wasn't interested, I mean, what more can a parent do, you cannot get stoned for them.
Luckily he has now seen the light, but only on a very occasional, special circumstance basis, you know, just a teensy dabble. Oh the shame, oh the shame and the pain.
Hi on life isn't the worst thing I suppose, but I do wonder sometimes where I went wrong.
I mean he hasn't even tried hard drugs at all, let alone hallucinogens, but I try and live with it, as best I can.

She wasn't in the countryside, that's the Hills District in Sydney. Not much to out there for kids except ride horses, study their bibles or drink.

I hope to teach my kids that alcohol isn't an integral part of having fun.

IBI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print