Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Italy Refuses To Let Reffo Boat Dock. (Read 2873 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Italy Refuses To Let Reffo Boat Dock.
Reply #30 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Auggie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:04pm:
Auggie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:56pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:47pm:
For Auggie's viewing pleasure Smiley From 1:20

Good one. Never seen that before.

But, really dig Chris Walken.

If you get nothing else from this thread,  watch that movie. Smiley

Look, I have no doubt that Italy would be a vastly different country if they Moors had succeeded in establishing a state in Italy. I also think that it doesn't help to use this example as an argument against mass migration. There are plenty of more important reasons against mass migration, primarily economic terms, and issues with integration, etc.

I'm ok with migration provided it's at a rate that doesn't overwhelm the hostculture

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #31 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:45pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:13pm:
I'm ok with migration provided it's at a rate that doesn't overwhelm the hostculture

The host culture in Australia was overwhelmed by migration and genocide.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:45pm:

mmm ASIO is still looking for the guy that let you in....

wont be long now! Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:03pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:06pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:59pm:
Auggie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
Quote:
Africa is bursting at the seems and this is a spill over  of people. If it's left unchecked Italy's race and culture will be changed.

*Seams*

And that is bullshit.  Most of these refugees are in boats because the West is bombing their Homes.

Sorry Aussie, that's a very 'leftard' argument. These people are coming to the West because they want a better life.

Of course....but what I want addressed is.....what is the problem living in their own Country.  No-one just ups and leaves, puts their Life in jeopardy only because they reckon the grass is greener next door.

Why do indians move to the schitshine coast then?

dont forget the Jews in Tasmania gordy....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyesthey are there unwillingly...... they prefer to be in the Middle East..........damn cheek!

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #34 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:51am

Quote:
Africa is bursting at the seems and this is a spill over  of people. If it's left unchecked Italy's race and culture will be changed.

*Seams*

And that is bullshit.  Most of these refugees are in boats because the West is bombing their Homes.

Sorry Aussie, that's a very 'leftard' argument. These people are coming to the West because they want a better life.

That's how Australia was populated. By people seeking a better life.

After those people got their better life, their descendants want to prevent other people getting the same opportunity.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #35 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:25pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:51am:
Quote:

*Seams*

After those people got their better life, their descendants want to prevent other people getting the same opportunity.

Incorrect, unforgiven.

We only want to prevent ‘some’ people and those who will find it difficult to integrate into society.

It was different back in the 1950s: the world wasn’t as populated and there was an expectation that people would integrate.

Different now.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Auggie wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:25pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:51am:
Quote:

*Seams*

Incorrect, unforgiven.

We only want to prevent ‘some’ people and those who will find it difficult to integrate into society.

It was different back in the 1950s: the world wasn’t as populated and there was an expectation that people would integrate.

Different now.

Aye, but we took mostly White, European-based, and relatively civilised people who pretty much shared similar backgrounds and values ..... even the Italians, noted by the Allies as lovely people to war with, were pretty much OK and shared Catholic ideas*, the Greeks often came here because of their civil war and were pretty much an Allied nation ...

*a pair of British SAS officers on the run in Italy sheltered for a night with a farming family, and the matriarch decried the war and told them they must sleep with the girls tonight.... it would be good for them....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #37 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 11:47pm

Ah, so you are OK with it happening to Italy/Europe now, just not Australia 200 years ago? How about you deal with the times we live in rather than dwelling in the past?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 8:54am

Setanta wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 11:47pm:

Ah, so you are OK with it happening to Italy/Europe now, just not Australia 200 years ago? How about you deal with the times we live in rather than dwelling in the past?

Touche`!

Footnote:-  Rome must keep Hannibal's hordes from North Africa out or be destroyed... that's the elephant in the Alps ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #39 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:02pm

Quote:

*Seams*

Ummm... why would you run to your enemy if you are being bombed by them?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #40 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Quote:

*Seams*

Africa is getting bombed by the west so badly that it's forcing people to flee???? That's news to me. You might  want  to show us some proof hey? They are escaping their own wars amongst other things cabbie.

More to the point, why are the Western coalition bombing the Middle East to a point that the Middle Easterners' skin colour are turning black? I think you are mixing up sub-Saharan Africans with the Middle East.

The news going on over there is that Western forces are targeting specific places to bomb. I doubt any of the 'refugees' are escaping the bombing, seeing as THEY are not getting indiscriminately bombed. Nor are the 'refugees' escaping to a place away from the direction of the bombers' homeland.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:14pm

Migration from a developed country to an undeveloped country. Then these migrants made an undeveloped country into a medium economic power of 25 million. In the last 40 years, especially in the last 25 years, we have had in intake of migrants from countries that are hostile to western standards. Particularly the Middle East and Africa. Out of the 25 million Australians, hundreds of thousands of these twits have not been all that helpful in developing Australian into a first world power.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print