Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The psychopath next door (Read 1881 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

The psychopath next door
Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:41pm

CEOs are top of the list followed by lawyers and media. Trump exactly fits the profile of a psychopath.

The military is not mentioned which is surprising.

Here's a good one. Agnes fits the model for a female:

"Women show emotional instability, verbal violence, and manipulation of social networks"

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/features/psychopaths-top-10-and-bottom-10-professions

Quote:
The Psychopath Next Door

PSYCHOPATHS: TOP 10 - AND BOTTOM 10 -  PROFESSIONS

Experts believe that psychopaths are attracted to some professions over others. Their prevalence in the general population is about one per cent. But studies show that - as an example - an estimated 10% of CEO's may be psychopaths.

This ranking (mentioned in the film) is compiled by Oxford psychologist Kevin Dutton, author of The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success.

The list of jobs with the highest rates of psychopathy
1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (TV/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police Officer
8. Clergy Person
9. Chef
10. Civil Servant

The list of jobs with the lowest rates of psychopathy
1. Care Aide
2. Nurse
3. Therapist
4. Craftsperson
5. Beautician/Stylist
6. Charity Worker
7. Teacher
8. Creative Artist
9. Doctor
10. Accountant

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The psychopath next door
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm

what about people at monks misery   un4????...

I think they could qualify...

Mental Health Professionals..

Alcoholic Cider Makers..

people who like Blue dopey Faces..

the list is endless..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:05pm

High stress jobs show the highest proportion of psychopathy. Lower stress jobs show least amount of psychopathy. Seems reasonable. Teaching is a high stress job. But you have to be able to show empathy to be able to teach properly. My high school had two teachers (in different departments) that lacked any real empathy. One lasted over 11 years at the high school before he was given the arse. The other must have stayed the first year before smacking off to another school. Both are on record as having attacked students, and neither cared.

Trump is more of a sociopath. He knows the difference between right and wrong. But he needs to identify with and manipulate people who will further his career.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:46pm

cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm:

Alcoholic Cider Makers..

the list is endless..

Cods has launched itself past psychopathy into the unknown depths of mentality dosorders.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:39pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:46pm:
cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm:

Alcoholic Cider Makers..

the list is endless..

Cods has launched itself past psychopathy into the unknown depths of mentality dosorders.

I thought I would join you for 5 min  just to see what you go through....I didnt like the blue tinge though   so will leave you to it pet! Smiley

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:32pm

It's a mirror - only a true psychopath would deny his own insanity.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:35pm

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:19am

psychopathy often gets a bad rap. Psychopaths often make excellent law enforcement officers for one thing. And in times of war  a psychopath is exactly who you need at the helm, able to make decisions without the worrisome burden of a conscience. And no Grappler, psychopaths are not insane, it is not a mental illness.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:44am

cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
I thought I would join you for 5 min  just to see what you go through....I didnt like the blue tinge though   so will leave you to it pet!

Cods you seem to be vacuous and despondent since your better half Bogarde73 did a runner.

You've had your 5 minutes respite. Back down the rabbit hole you go.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:12am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
High stress jobs show the highest proportion of psychopathy. Lower stress jobs show least amount of psychopathy. Seems reasonable. Teaching is a high stress job. But you have to be able to show empathy to be able to teach properly. My high school had two teachers (in different departments) that lacked any real empathy. One lasted over 11 years at the high school before he was given the arse. The other must have stayed the first year before smacking off to another school. Both are on record as having attacked students, and neither cared.

Trump is more of a sociopath. He knows the difference between right and wrong. But he needs to identify with and manipulate people who will further his career.

Care aide is very high stress job

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:39am

rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:19am:
psychopathy often gets a bad rap. Psychopaths often make excellent law enforcement officers for one thing. And in times of war  a psychopath is exactly who you need at the helm, able to make decisions without the worrisome burden of a conscience. And no Grappler, psychopaths are not insane, it is not a mental illness.

Course not - all that harm done to others without remorse and out of pure self-interest is perfectly normal.  Most such forced into the sociopath position of making decisions that affect others, while knowing the possible results, struggle with it for life.  Psychopaths have no such problem, and even pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

A 'law enforcement officer' who upholds the law with perjury and treachery and falsifications and refusal to do a proper job is NOT a good law enforcement officer.

Even 'Blood and Guts' Patton wept over dead and wounded, while still seeing it as the only way.  What you are discussing is a dichotomy, not a single self-enclosed syndrome, which latter is what psychopathy is.

The difference would appear to be that the sociopath in the positions you describe subordinates personal feelings to some 'greater cause' and suffers as a result, whereas the psychopath not only is unaware of his/her psychopathy, but actually does it for pure self-interest and has no remorse.

Law enforcement officers are in no way anywhere near the situation of having to subordinate personal feelings to some 'greater good', such as a military officer may have to do - they have a choice at every step, and only the truly good ones do right regardless of personal outcome.  Law enforcement officers don't generally deal with life and death - though they like to imagine they do - so are not under the same constraints. Police suffer the lowest rate of felonious death in the community, most never draw a weapon in anger, most rarely confront a genuine violent situation - though they love to play it up along the lines that every time they go out the door they may not come back.

Helps with the kudos, the camaraderie and the retirement package that far too many seek early often by any means including genuinely psychopathic behaviour- all part of 'police culture' and sense of entitlement.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:51am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:44am

In the 'Old' days of our great grandfathers:
Life was (physically) Hard, but (mentally) Simple.

In the 'New' days of our great grandchildren:
Life will be (physically) Easy, but (mentally) Complex.

...this is the New Age of Technology make things physically 'easier' with replacing manual labour, but mentally more complex with all the computerisation.
I got paid a mint working Labourer in Sydney, because every young bloke wants to do IT and other 'mental' jobs.
I got paid to 'work out'!  Wink Grin

With the explosion of 'MENTAL' work and existence in the NEW Worlds (Namerica, Oceania, Sahul, Samerica) with the 'mascot' being the big-headed Alien. There is also a high TOLL of 'MENTAL STRESS' ...and psychosis  Shocked
It's like the brain exhibits a 'broken leg' or worse, incurable paraplegia.
I've worked stressful 'mental' jobs that pay a lot of money because of the mental stress level, where you see other workers with blood-shot eyes from the mental stress of concentration.
Avg Concentration level for the most intelligent is 2.5 hours.
Tongue

So little wonder that the people of the New Worlds with their 'technological' advantage over Old, are exhibiting mental stress ...and baldness.  Cheesy

The trick in the Old Worlds was to 'evolve' away from the physically strong, but mentally weak 'Cave Man' (mascot) state of being. Being educated and smart proved the 'advantage' of reaping power and wealth.

...but in the New Worlds of the big-headed, weak-bodied 'Alien' (mascot), its definitely the reverse.
Being mentally strong, but physically weak - is for the poor and unempowered ...in a society that has its 'commoness' based upon technology. Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:51am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:12am:

Spot

It is. But you have to have a certain personality to actually engage in that profession. My job can be high stress. But if you can breeze through that if you be pragmatic. I would have to change my personality if I got into the care profession.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:51am:

Spot

It is. But you have to have a certain personality to actually engage in that profession. My job can be high stress. But if you can breeze through that if you be pragmatic. I would have to change my personality if I got into the care profession.

Care work is easy!
I used to take my paraplegics to the pubs in Leichardt and Petersham (Oxford Tavern in the old days) so they could all get LEGLESS!  Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:31am

Jasin wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:04am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:51am:

Spot

Care work is easy!
I used to take my paraplegics to the pubs in Leichardt and Petersham (Oxford Tavern in the old days) so they could all get LEGLESS!  Grin Grin

So you didnt do the work just went to the pub

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print