Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Australian SAS committed atrocities in Afghanistan (Read 8206 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Australian SAS committed atrocities in Afghanistan
Reply #30 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:52pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:29pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:12pm:
It's amazing how many Ozpolitic members are in favor of Australian troops committing atrocities while they condemn atrocities committed by others.

Sheer evil and hypocrisy from the usual suspects, Denizens Valkie, Gordon, Bobby, and Gnads. Lip-service patriots.

When you live in a world where atrocities are committed, you are not likely to come out smelling like roses yourself. I find it sad we send our people that are at least somewhat civilised to be corrupted by what they are faced with. To make it to the SAS, psychopaths are weeded out, to turn our soldiers this way, if it's true, you can blame those they had to fight. Or those who ordered them there.

Military forces are created to get psychopaths off the streets in their home country and send them overseas to kill foreigners.

What sort of person would seek a lifetime career in the military?

My Grandfather was a full Colonel, is that a career in the military? Yeah, sure. My family has served for generations and they are not psychopaths. In fact they are why you are free to type this crap.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #31 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:54pm

If you hate australia and love Afghanistan so much,  piss off and go live there.

I'll pay for your ticket.

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #32 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:00pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
If you hate australia and love Afghanistan so much,  piss off and go live there.

That's a bit harsh on Setanta. Will you have to mortgage?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #33 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:05pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:00pm:

Meh, I probably have family there. Not all of them escaped after 1947.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:07pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:00pm:

No comments on the Taliban rape squads or coopting kids to their death squads.
I bet you're a weak as piss turd who would join the likes of taliban given half the chance.

Maybe your only chance of sex would be from a captured sex slave.

Honestly,  hate Australia this much, go experience the joys of islam in Afghanistan.

IBI

IP Logged

Benson

Australian Politics

England
Reply #35 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:20pm

Valkie wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
And of course the freaks they were fighting were soooooo
Honest
Fair
Moral
Just and of course

Would never have done anything close to an atrocity.

When fighting against a foe who has no rules.
One must throw the rule book out the window.

Fully agree. Can't see the sense in being civil and catching them when they've no concern for anyone else. Just send them on their way with bullet up their you know what.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #36 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:20am

Gordon wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:07pm:
... Maybe your only chance of sex would be from a captured sex slave. ...

Is that Doctor Two-fingers Gordon's recommendation.

Doctor Gordon is implicitly supporting atrocities by the SAS?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #37 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:59am

It's amazing how many Ozpolitic members are in favor of Australian troops committing atrocities while they condemn atrocities committed by others.

Sheer evil and hypocrisy from the usual suspects, Denizens Valkie, Gordon, Bobby, and Gnads. Lip-service patriots.

Although I can't speak on behalf of the other forum posters, I bet that they would see the abhorrence of war crimes, regardless of who committed them. I don't condone war crimes committed by the SAS. But I would make the bet that they have committed some to make a point to their enemies. The army in East Timor, allegedly, used dead bodies of the enemy to interrogate the enemy prisoners. Apparently, it was effective in extracting information, without having to cut into the bodies of the interrogated. Though... I would choose a different strategy.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #38 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:06am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:59am:

Although I can't speak on behalf of the other forum posters, I bet that they would see the abhorrence of war crimes, regardless of who committed them. I don't condone war crimes committed by the SAS. But I would make the bet that they have committed some to make a point to their enemies. The army in East Timor, allegedly, used dead bodies of the enemy to interrogate the enemy prisoners. Apparently, it was effective in extracting information, without having to cut into the bodies of the interrogated. Though... I would choose a different strategy.

The difference is that our soldiers fight the scum who try to kill them.

The scum, send filth into our countries, not to kill soldiers, but to kill innocent children.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #39 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:15am

Unforgiven wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:29pm:

When you live in a world where atrocities are committed, you are not likely to come out smelling like roses yourself. I find it sad we send our people that are at least somewhat civilised to be corrupted by what they are faced with. To make it to the SAS, psychopaths are weeded out, to turn our soldiers this way, if it's true, you can blame those they had to fight. Or those who ordered them there.

Military forces are created to get psychopaths off the streets in their home country
and send them overseas to kill foreigners.

What sort of person would seek a lifetime career in the military?

The military doesn't recruit psychopaths - they recruit ordinary people, which is precisely why there is a high percentage of burn-out.

You've forfeited any right to comment with that ridiculous comment.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #40 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:55pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:15am:
The military doesn't recruit psychopaths - they recruit ordinary people, which is precisely why there is a high percentage of burn-out.

You've forfeited any right to comment with that ridiculous comment.

So, Grappler contends that military personnel are not psychopaths at the time of recruitment.

PTSD rate in the military is only 11-20%. That is not to say there aren't other undiagnosed or unrecognized psychiatric conditions in military personnel.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #41 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:25pm

They should not have been there, in the first place. The Northern Alliance drove the Talibs (Scholars of Mohamed) out of Kabul. So far, so good. All the West needed to do was keep the NA armed, but George Bush needed to look tough with the US electorate after 911. And so Australia got roped into an unwinnable war. The difference between the rare atrocities committed by Australian troops and those committed by the Scholars of Mohamed is that civilised people abhor such conduct and deal with it, while the Scholars use atrocity as their prime strategy, and believe it is ordained by God.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:34pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
They should not have been there, in the first place. The Northern Alliance drove the Talibs (Scholars of Mohamed) out of Kabul. So far, so good. All the West needed to do was keep the NA armed, but George Bush needed to look tough with the US electorate after 911. And so Australia got roped into an unwinnable war. The difference between the rare atrocities committed by Australian troops and those committed by the Scholars of Mohamed is that civilised people abhor such conduct and deal with it, while the Scholars use atrocity as their prime strategy, and believe it is ordained by God.

The Northern Alliance only has control in Afghanistan because of US military intervention. If The US didn't get involved the Taliban would still have control. Still, I agree. We should never have got involved in that craphole. But we are a small minnow in the world that needs our alliance with the US so China doesn't invade us.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #43 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:44pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:25pm:

After the 911, the US should have gone in with everything they had and given them 12 months of shock and awe, and killed any fighting age male that smelled like a Taliban, then got out.

As for changing hearts and minds, bugger that. They're culturally stone age. Leave them to their tribal squabbles and just drone strike anything that looks like a threat to western security.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:20pm

Afghanistan has been through 5 election cycles since the intervention.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print