Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Battery tech that has promice... (Read 669 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Another Battery tech that has promice...
Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:31am

https://insideevs.com/battery-pioneer-claims-solid-state-cells-gain-capacity-ove...
we noticed one of the names attached to the scholarly work belonged to one John B. Goodenough, co-inventor of the lithium battery that powers the plug-in vehicles we love. We switched off the sirens and flashing light, and rolled the robot back into its box and took a look for ourselves.
From what we can tell, this appears to be at least related to the battery breakthrough announced last year, in that it too is a solid-state cell that uses a glass electrolyte. This time around, though, a “lithium anode and a plasticizer in contact with a conventional, low cost oxide host cathode” are in play. Also, it contains no cobalt and can apparently by cycled — charged and discharged — an incredible 23,000 times.

If this works out it could be huge......
Still a lot of this tech never makes it to the real world if it can help in getting better and cheaper batteries its all good Smiley
also if it works it will change the way energy storage is perceived. Smiley Smiley
Don't hear much about fossil fuel advances these days..... Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Another Battery tech that has promice...
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:10pm

Good find.
I hope we can buy them before long.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:17pm

Just one more thing for lee and socko to pray for that does not come to fruition Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:20pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:31am:
https://insideevs.com/battery-pioneer-claims-solid-state-cells-gain-capacity-ove...
we noticed one of the names attached to the scholarly work belonged to one John B. Goodenough, co-inventor of the lithium battery that powers the plug-in vehicles we love. We switched off the sirens and flashing light, and rolled the robot back into its box and took a look for ourselves.
From what we can tell, this appears to be at least related to the battery breakthrough announced last year, in that it too is a solid-state cell that uses a glass electrolyte. This time around, though, a “lithium anode and a plasticizer in contact with a conventional, low cost oxide host cathode” are in play. Also, it contains no cobalt and can apparently by cycled — charged and discharged — an incredible 23,000 times.

Still a lot of this tech never makes it to the real world if it can help in getting better and cheaper batteries its all good Smiley
also if it works it will change the way energy storage is perceived. Smiley Smiley

The only fossil fool advancements are the costs and pollution Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:29am

https://www.nanoflowcell.com/
These guys r my favorite  "i wish it was true but its probably a scam "

Its basically a Redflow Battery and they replace the "salty water" like u can petrol. Redflow batteries work but r not very energy dense , there is a Australian home one that I think about 10kwh and the size of a pallet with a load of bricks on it and weighs as much......
Still they might just be hold the tech close to their chest but it is about 4 years old now, i'll say they will con lots of ppl to invest and die.... I really hope I'm wrong it sounds so cool. Wink Wink

It took a long time. The development team at nanoFlowcell Holdings had worked for several years to make fuel cells directly controllable. Having finally succeeded in achieving direct variable control of a fuel cell in October 2016, the company now wants to demonstrate the potential of direct fuel cell drive and has built a true eye-catcher in the shape of the world's fastest eco sports car. The QUANT 48VOLT is the prototype of a new generation of electric vehicles. It is equipped with what is currently the safest, most powerful, environmentally compatible and economical drive system for electric vehicles that could be built in series production, and provides a view of our future mobility.
With the QUANT 48VOLT, nanoFlowcell Holdings is placing a big question mark above this potential development in electric automotive technology and making its own globally unique statement: Flow cell technology in the QUANT 48VOLT enables extreme performance (>560 kW output) and exemplary range (anticipated at >1,000 kilometres) with a safe battery voltage (maximum 48 V).
The intrinsic safety of the nanoFlowcell® means its poles can be touched without danger to life and limb. In contrast to conventional lithium-ion battery systems, there is no risk of an electric shock to road users or first responders even in the event of a serious accident. Thermal runaway, as can occur with lithium-ion batteries and lead to the vehicle catching fire, is not structurally possible with a nanoFlowcell® 48VOLT drive. The bi-ION electrolyte liquid - the liquid "fuel" of the nanoFlowcell® - is neither flammable nor explosive. Furthermore, the electrolyte solution is in no way harmful to health or the environment. Even in the worst-case scenario, no danger could possibly arise from either the nanoFlowcell® 48VOLT low-voltage drive or the bi-ION electrolyte solution.

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:20pm:

very true. they are now a whole lot more powerful, much more economic and pollute 1000times less than before.

its what we call 'advancement'.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:19pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

very true. they are now a whole lot more powerful, much more economic and pollute 1000times less than before.

yup even Jag has seen the light and know batteries will be better  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:50am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:19pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

yup even Jag has seen the light and know batteries will be better  Wink Wink

if you knew anything about Jag and other manufacturers you would know that they are planning to ADD hybrids to their lineup. They are not going to ditch petrol vehicles any time soon. EV sales might be increasing rapidly, but since the starting level was 0.5% that is hardly a major threat for now and here in Australia where charging infrastructure is non-existent and driving distances huge, the EV has to do a lot of improving before they will take off.

One thought I might mention is that charging of EVs has to be OFF ROAD for what I hope are obvious reasons. With the current trend towards smaller blocks of land building houses with garages that are basically too small for any car bigger than a barina, people are parking in the street or in a driveway lose to the road. Doesnt sound like a secure way to charge your car, does it. The chances of someone removing the charger or vandalising it is strong.

I am not intending to be critical, but charging needs to be secure and people without secure parking basically cannot charge safely or reliably. It is a problem that Europe struggles with because of population density.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print